Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 09:49 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It was 263,000 jobs and more manufacturing jobs have been created than anytime under Obama (where they disappeared)

You guys keep being proved wrong.
oh waldo, it is tiresome arguing with you.

how about this.

Obama jobs numbers for Feb 2016 and 2015 beat trump.

Obama jobs numbers for March 2016 and 2015 beat trump.

now why dont you link to BLS and prove we "wrong"

But you wont , because just like every other time when wrong you run away and pretend not to see the thread....

As i have repeatedly told Waldo, the numbers are no big deal, but i point out they are worse because waldo and a bunch of others are misleading people to believe they are "good" in order to prop up the false narrative of Trump being a jobs guy.

17 games of golf later, we can see Trump is much happier playing a few rounds with pros and freinds than reading a healthcare bill, or structuring a tax plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 09:53 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Ok, Waldo we get it. YOU LOVE TRUMP. Wow. Let the facts remain the facts. Quit trying to go to faux snooze to dig up you favorable information.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:53 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
oh waldo, it is tiresome arguing with you.

how about this.

Obama jobs numbers for Feb 2016 and 2015 beat trump.

Obama jobs numbers for March 2016 and 2015 beat trump.

Tiresome, I should say.

Countless threads and endless posts filled with, as they say, "false narratives."

I don't know how you keep up your enthusiasm to respond to the continual nonsense.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:57 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,372,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Really, the threads in this area of C-D have gotten so ridiculous that it is waste of energy to try to address such ignorance.
Now isn't that the truth. I'm here for the entertainment.

This forum is almost as funny as a segment of Watter's World where people show how clueless they really are.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:13 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh the Trump derangement topic of the day. Based yet again on the MSM. This time one of NBC's byproducts.

Markets always correct. What's missed is the market did not crash when Trump was elected as was widely predicted by the deranged & MSM. They are always wrong. That's proved yet again too.
Got any references for that claim? None of the professionals I know ever thought the market would crash. I saw 'no wide predictions' either, except for some from folks who know nothing of the stock market.

Every incoming President inherits the good stuff along with the bad of the previous administration. 2016 was a solid year economically, the best in a long time. Despite your thoughts about him, Obama had a lot to do with that.

So Trump got the benefits from the stock market rise. By mid-summer, the last effects of 2016 will be pretty much absorbed by what's happening now. Trump has a window of opportunity right now; let's wait and see what he does (or not) with it.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:32 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Haha!

Well in this subforum, you never know. Comments that you THINK should be sarcasm are often not. lol
Yeah, Poe's Law is a harsh mistress.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:31 PM

5,134 posts, read 4,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The way it's been shown how a rogue computer can heavily influence the market I have to wonder if anything has more influence on the market than those who write the trading algorithms. They certainly seem to have more influence than the actual performance of the companies whose stocks are being traded.
The algorithms rule. The quants can make algorithms that move the market however they like. The banks just decide what's going to happen, and the quants create the appropriate algorithm.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:32 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The "Trump trade" narrative is dying in the stock market.

The election of President Donald Trump and a Republican-majority in Congress was supposed to lead to Obamacare's end, tax reform, deregulation, an infrastructure build-out and a healthy increase in inflation accompanied by a rise in long-depressed interest rates.

But after the failure of Trump's Obamacare replacement at the end of last month followed by a weaker-than-expected jobs report Friday, the market clearly has its doubts about this premise.
The 'Trump rally' is on its last legs -- here's what that means for the market

I don't expect him to be able to keep a single campaign promise.
From the same folks that said the market would drop 800 points if Trump is elected....weak try.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:36 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Maybe it isn't a "tRump rally" but just Obama momentum spurring things the past several months.

This. It generally takes six months to a year into a new President's term before their economic policy starts taking hold. The current economy is Obama's economy. Interestingly, the economy started slowly improving even in Obama's first term thanks to his policies. I will not be shocked if things are headed in the opposite direction by the end of 2017.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:48 AM

5,134 posts, read 4,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
After 8 years of Obama's wars and failing healthcare program of course the market will go up.
Obama's wars??? I guess you were you under a rock during W's administration when the wars started.

Also, the Obama's Affordable Care Act has been far from a failure. Many people who were previously without medical insurance are now very happy to have the security of healthcare coverage.

The market's going up because the legacy of Obama rescuing the country from bankruptcy, and turning around the market.

It's amazing how people just make up sh*t, just to have something to criticize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies