Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 09:36 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,591,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
There's just one problem here. Well, okay, actually there are many, but one that might actually concern you:

If Trump does it now, one day someone on the left will do it as well. Would that also be okay with you?

We have separation of power for a reason. Suggesting that a President simply ignore the courts and, presumably, ask the police and the military to follow his orders and his alone, is taking a big, fat dump all over the Constitution.

The Left has done it for the last 100 years and especially the last 8. It's time we impale them with their own sword!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 09:39 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,337,253 times
Quote:
There's just one problem here. Well, okay, actually there are many, but one that might actually concern you:

If Trump does it now, one day someone on the left will do it as well. Would that also be okay with you?

We have separation of power for a reason. Suggesting that a President simply ignore the courts and, presumably, ask the police and the military to follow his orders and his alone, is taking a big, fat dump all over the Constitution.
I hate the over reach of presidents but if its ok for the obama administration and susan rice to use surveillance against the candidate and president elect trump , why cant opposition parties use use state surveillance against Democrats?

Old 04-08-2017, 09:42 PM

130 posts, read 71,979 times
Once Gorsuch breaks the tie, watch how fast the left condemns the courts lol!

Old 04-08-2017, 09:44 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,291,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The Left has done it for the last 100 years and especially the last 8. It's time we impale them with their own sword!

Please give us the times the left have ignored court orders regarding the constitutionality of a law.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:51 PM

130 posts, read 71,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Please give us the times the left have ignored court orders regarding the constitutionality of a law.
Slavery for example was ruled constitutional many times. If the democrats had their way, we would still be a slave nation.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:55 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,380,847 times
Quote:
These federal courts are CLEARLY out of line. I got to thinking, what if Trump just said "Justice so and so has made his decision, now let him enforce it!" and continued with his travel ban, etc, and told the courts to go pound sand? If the Left tried impeachment, we'd have 1/3 + 1 of the Republicans in the Senate refuse to impeach, ending it. Beat the Left at their own game.

(As for the media, they can go to hell too. I don't care about their whining.)

It's time we stood up against the Left and its deep state and stopped playing by their twisted rules!
Hate to remind you all.. by quoting Andrew Jackson you actually indicate that You and many others actually DISREGARD the Constitution. Yelling Screaming and Whinning about Court rulings against what YOU think demonstrates illogical thinkings.!

COurts uphold 2nd ammendment for those that love their right to own one.. Freedom riders love that the court rule they can express their views.. as Freedom of the press can express and call out lying Politicians to prove their views.

Anyone, who applauds the Constitution and the Courts Rights to uphold it (whether or not it's to your liking) is what you are implicitly expressing. Jackson was a budding dictator.. wanted rules to be destroyed..BUT unfortunately even tho that was century ago.. his residual type are still around, who want something similar!

All this tells me implicitly is YOU or folks like yourself WANT to be in CONTROL of everyone.. and Constitution " Government FOR THE PEOPLE BY the PEOPLE" is a Figment of everybody's imagination! There is one reason the Constitution was written the way it was.. It's it was written by those who fled "Authoritarian Political Controls" that hurt regular citizens ...

It appears.. America has NOW evolved into yet another turn to do exactly what the Founding Fathers were escaping back those Centuries ago!!

Old 04-08-2017, 09:56 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,291,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james159 View Post
Slavery for example was ruled constitutional many times. If the democrats had their way, we would still be a slave nation.

I doubt the poster was reaching back much past FDR, but OK. I was asking more Clinton/Obama, the last 2 Dem POTUS.

But I'm not sure what the legality of slavery for years has to do with my question. Slavery was by law legal , and then became illegal by changing the laws, not by ignoring them.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:58 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,591,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Hate to remind you all.. by quoting Andrew Jackson you actually indicate that You and many others actually DISREGARD the Constitution. Yelling Screaming and Whinning about Court rulings against what YOU think demonstrates illogical thinkings.!

COurts uphold 2nd ammendment for those that love their right to own one.. Freedom riders love that the court rule they can express their views.. as Freedom of the press can express and call out lying Politicians to prove their views.

Anyone, who applauds the Constitution and the Courts Rights to uphold it (whether or not it's to your liking) is what you are implicitly expressing. Jackson was a budding dictator.. wanted rules to be destroyed..BUT unfortunately even tho that was century ago.. her's still residual type around who want something similar!

All this tells me implicitly is YOU or folks like yourself WANT to be in CONTROL of everyone.. and Constitution " Government FOR THE PEOPLE BY the PEOPLE" is a Figment of everybody's imagination! There is one reason the Constitution was written the way it was.. It's it was written by those who fled "Authoritarian Political Controls" that hurt regular citizens ...

It appears.. America has NOW evolved into yet another turn to do exactly what the Founding Fathers were escaping back those Centuries ago!!

As far as I'm concerned, I put our increasingly tyrannical federal government, especially the courts, in the same category the Founding Fathers put King George III (and I suspect they would too.)

Old 04-09-2017, 09:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
Quote:
Suggesting that a President simply ignore the courts and, presumably, ask the police and the military to follow his orders and his alone, is taking a big, fat dump all over the Constitution.
Didn't concern you.
Obama, Eric and Loretta... the last 8 years.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:52 AM

51,661 posts, read 25,900,536 times
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, I put our increasingly tyrannical federal government, especially the courts, in the same category the Founding Fathers put King George III (and I suspect they would too.)
No, I suspect they would not.

We are now going to see if the Constitution they wrote is going hold against those who want a king rather than a constitutional government based on laws.

Fingers crossed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies