Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 04:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
People like you that don't want the wall for whatever your agenda is will always find and excuse or lame argument for not building it. I've come to expect it. Just wish you guys would be honest about why you really don't want the wall.
"People like you that want the wall for whatever your agenda is will always find an excuse or lame argument for building it. I've come to expect it. Just wish you guys would be honest about why you really want the wall."

Can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I oppose it is that it not be cost-effective.

Now I get that you accept some numbers that lead you to believe that the wall would be cost-effective. However, those numbers are not widely accepted.

Shrug. Them's the breaks. But stop looking for a hidden agenda here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 04:34 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You don't get anything. I want taxpayer money going to help Americans, not propping up Donald Trump's massive ego, which is all this wall represents. You know he never believed a wall was feasible, right? He just threw it out one day at a rally and it got a big response so he kept using it to get the applause. He said so himself. If you were gullible enough to believe him that's your problem.

We have people who are about to lose their healthcare in this country, seniors losing their Meals on Wheels, women losing access to their healthcare providers, because the GOP claims there's no money to help any of these American citizens. I'd rather we funded those programs than build a wall that will be breached before it's even completed.

But it doesn't matter because the wall is never going to be built.

So, when Bill Clinton built that wall, it was to prop up his massive ego?

The wall is most certainly feasible. You refuse to believe it because, for some reason, you are against border security.

All those things you are whining about (healthcare, etc.) yet you don't care how much illegals are taking money from Americans in need.

You don't get anything---that is very obvious.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Depends on where the potential wall location is in relation to their land.

If the wall would require them selling (or losing it due to eminent domain) a part of their land that they would really rather keep, they could well prefer better enforcement over a wall.

It's not difficult to understand. How thrilled would you be if, when you complained about people using your front yard as a shortcut, the response is that your town builds a 10-foot wall through your yard in order to prevent the trespass?
Yeah, that's a pretty good analogy for the people right along the border.

Ken

Old 04-14-2017, 04:35 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
"People like you that want the wall for whatever your agenda is will always find an excuse or lame argument for building it. I've come to expect it. Just wish you guys would be honest about why you really want the wall."

Can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I oppose it is that it not be cost-effective.

Now I get that you accept some numbers that lead you to believe that the wall would be cost-effective. However, those numbers are not widely accepted.

Shrug. Them's the breaks. But stop looking for a hidden agenda here.
So...you don't care if the border is left unsecured? How despicable of you.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:36 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

The wall is most certainly feasible. You refuse to believe it because, for some reason, you are against border security.
I don't think Ken will mind if I use his post to respond to you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Most law enforcement here in Cochise County - an area widely proclaimed (incorrectly) to be some kind of near "war zone" by folks on the far Right - DON'T WANT THE WALL either because it is NOT an effective means of stopping illegal immigration. This includes our local GOP County Sheriff.

Cochise County sheriff to get donations meant for border wall

We ALREADY have a "wall" along much of the border here in Cochise County and it DOESN'T WORK,
Trumps wall would be a HUGE waste of money better spent in other ways. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! DUMB!!!!!!

Ken
Unless you portend to know better than the actual law enforcement that actually patrols our borders...

Old 04-14-2017, 04:37 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
So...according to you, the wall that Bill Clinton had built on the San Diego/Tijuana border which drastically cut down on crime and illegal entry was a waste of money?

I get it. You want the border to remain wide open and unsecured. You don't care who sneaks into this country. How despicable of you. Not all are sneaking in looking for work. Plenty of OTMs sneak in who are intent on doing us harm.

The wall will be a one time expense. Illegals cost us billions on a yearly basis. Yet you love spending money on them, correct?

State Cost Studies | Federation for American Immigration Reform
Why is it black or white? why not grey_? It is or it isn't -that's not reality- I don't want wall- I don't want illegals working or coming here- but one thing will NOT cancel out the other-

Take away the drugs from the drug addict-- what ya get? A very sick person INVENTING shyte to get high off paint- glue- antifreeze-- booze
FIX THE REAL PROBLEM-- employers

Old 04-14-2017, 04:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
So...you don't care if the border is left unsecured? How despicable of you.
Please show me where, in this thread or any other, I said any such thing.

Thank you.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Most law enforcement here in Cochise County - an area widely proclaimed (incorrectly) to be some kind of near "war zone" by folks on the far Right - DON'T WANT THE WALL either because it is NOT an effective means of stopping illegal immigration. This includes our local GOP County Sheriff.

Cochise County sheriff to get donations meant for border wall

We ALREADY have a "wall" along much of the border here in Cochise County and it DOESN'T WORK,
Trumps wall would be a HUGE waste of money better spent in other ways. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! DUMB!!!!!!

Ken
I'm noticing that the biggest opponents of the wall from red states are those who actually live near the border. Sounds like they would know better than Trump.

I've said this before. Enforce the immigration laws we have and we won't need a wall. Enforcing the law isn't hard. Just do it. Easier and it costs less than building a wall. In my opinion, this whole wall business is about something else. It might be about illegal immigrants, but it's more about "kicking posterior". It's about "we're bad and we know it".

Old 04-14-2017, 04:41 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's a pretty good analogy for the people right along the border.

Ken

SO-- fenced homes not get broken into??

Old 04-14-2017, 04:42 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
I have a better use for that money - rebuild the infrastructure. Put Americans to work all over the country with good paying jobs. Rebuild America.

Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies