Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 05:50 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. It's the obvious reason those records are being kept private. Safety

Visit the WH and then have to worry about being attacked by the very violent Trump haters for having gone.
LOL.
Look at the hard core Trump supporters and all these mental gymnastics they have to go through to spin all of this into something that makes "sense" to them......
Because of safety huh? Do they need "Safe places" out of fear of the evil dems?
What happened to all that bravado of Trump and his staff. I thought we finally had real men back in the white house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 06:04 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. It's the obvious reason those records are being kept private. Safety

Visit the WH and then have to worry about being attacked by the very violent Trump haters for having gone.
..........again,like who?

Old 04-16-2017, 06:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, love how trumpettes think they get a pass when they say"yeah I voted Trump becuase he wasn't Hillary" ,like that gives them a pass on taking responsibility for putting the biggest moron in history in the white house.No ,you people are worse ,trumpettes are ignorant of trumps history and what a crook he is in business.You voters new better and did it anyway.
oh grow up and get a life. how many people voted for hillary because she wasnt trump? you can try to put the crap on me if you like, it just shows your ignorance.

hillary is a huge crook, but you voted for her anyway, so we could have had a capitalist crook, or a communist crook. personally i prefer the capitalist crook.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:31 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh grow up and get a life. how many people voted for hillary because she wasnt trump? you can try to put the crap on me if you like, it just shows your ignorance.

hillary is a huge crook, but you voted for her anyway, so we could have had a capitalist crook, or a communist crook. personally i prefer the capitalist crook.
You sure he's not a Communist?

Old 04-16-2017, 06:39 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:

So I assume your point is that collusion with the Russians to a VERY high level degree is not communist? They are not capitalists...they are pretty much dictators and/or oligarchs.

The question about the logs has nothing to do with any of this. The question is more like "do you support a guy who is more like Putin who spends his time closing down citizen and press access to our democracy?".

And, if the answer is YES - does the OP support this for ALL future POTUS's and even will allow it to get worse? Reasoning is that WHO gets to decide how "secret" to keep our open government?

Old 04-16-2017, 08:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So I assume your point is that collusion with the Russians to a VERY high level degree is not communist? They are not capitalists...they are pretty much dictators and/or oligarchs.

The question about the logs has nothing to do with any of this. The question is more like "do you support a guy who is more like Putin who spends his time closing down citizen and press access to our democracy?".

And, if the answer is YES - does the OP support this for ALL future POTUS's and even will allow it to get worse? Reasoning is that WHO gets to decide how "secret" to keep our open government?
trump is a capitalist, but the matter before us is him keeping the white house visitor logs out of sight of the public.

as for your assertion that trump colluded with the russians, PROVE IT. things is you CANT. why? because there is no proof of said collusion, the new york times and every other publication that has written stories on this have said so IN THEIR OWN ARTICLES. the democrats have also admitted this, but they say that is why this needs to be investigated because there is NO PROOF.

and the silly thing is that this HAS been investigated since late september of last year, and NOTHING has been found. when nixon was being investigated for watergate, there was real evidence that he participated in the cover up of the break in.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:30 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
trump is a capitalist, but the matter before us is him keeping the white house visitor logs out of sight of the public.

as for your assertion that trump colluded with the russians, PROVE IT. things is you CANT. why? because there is no proof of said collusion, the new york times and every other publication that has written stories on this have said so IN THEIR OWN ARTICLES. the democrats have also admitted this, but they say that is why this needs to be investigated because there is NO PROOF.

and the silly thing is that this HAS been investigated since late september of last year, and NOTHING has been found. when nixon was being investigated for watergate, there was real evidence that he participated in the cover up of the break in.

Why shouldn't the media have access to a visitor log that includes lobbyists or some multimillionaire like Mercer, Breitbart News or maybe some congressman like Nunes or even some family relative. Seems to me that is a more open government and he has yet to indicate one good reason why this was necessary, didn't he indicate he was draining the swamp, with all his business ties this is more important in this presidency than others.

We are 3 months into his presidency, sure seems like he has something to hide

Old 04-17-2017, 05:39 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why shouldn't the media have access to a visitor log that includes lobbyists or some multimillionaire like Mercer, Breitbart News or maybe some congressman like Nunes or even some family relative. Seems to me that is a more open government and he has yet to indicate one good reason why this was necessary, didn't he indicate he was draining the swamp, with all his business ties this is more important in this presidency than others.

We are 3 months into his presidency, sure seems like he has something to hide
Sure does.

Trump works for us. Not the other way around.

It is perfectly reasonable for Trump's employers to know who is coming and going from the administration building.

If Trump says no, then the obvious question is who is he hiding?

My money is on Russian agents.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Thank you, Twitter!

Trump continues to put his foot in his mouth

Trump didn't run on a promise of Transparency. Actually he said he'd be just the opposite and not play his hand and announce his intentions.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:53 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump didn't run on a promise of Transparency. Actually he said he'd be just the opposite and not play his hand and announce his intentions.

Link to trump saying that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies