Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 07:19 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
What's so hard to understand? Trump is clearly in love with himself, and flattery is a huge weak spot for him. A massive neo-con war will give him exactly what he deeply craves. Just notice how the dominant mainstream media gushed over his bombings in the Middle East.
What war are you talking about?

A few missiles were fired to make a point, nothing more, nothing less.

Trump's ratings are on the rise not because of firing a few missiles, but because he has done a great job navigating the minefields left behind by the previous administrations.

In case you haven't noticed (clearly you haven't noticed) Trump has kept us out of war in Syria, and has wisely outmaneuvered North korea by working with China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 07:26 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
the last good con was Hillary on the Democrats.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:30 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
What war are you talking about?

A few missiles were fired to make a point, nothing more, nothing less.

Trump's ratings are on the rise not because of firing a few missiles, but because he has done a great job navigating the minefields left behind by the previous administrations.

In case you haven't noticed (clearly you haven't noticed) Trump has kept us out of war in Syria, and has wisely outmaneuvered North korea by working with China.
It doesnt matter which country will be attacked in the future. The neo-cons have a long list they want to attack. Very flattering media coverage after his bombing has clearly had an impact and he loves flattery. This is clearly a great strategy for him going forward. He has demoted Bannon and the America first crowd and it is having an effect. The dominant media likes what they see and they will continue to praise him the more he bombs.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:40 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Indeed, it is extremely hard to impossible to say what he wants, as he literally has no idea himself. e has flip-flopped on every major issue and has revealed himself to be a truly vacuous waste of oxygen....
Really?

Now, are you willing to say that about every politician?

Old 04-18-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
It doesnt matter which country will be attacked in the future. The neo-cons have a long list they want to attack. Very flattering media coverage after his bombing has clearly had an impact and he loves flattery. This is clearly a great strategy for him going forward. He has demoted Bannon and the America first crowd and it is having an effect. The dominant media likes what they see and they will continue to praise him the more he bombs.
What has been proven beyond any doubt during the election, is that you dems have been wrong about everything you have said about Trump, you completely lack any ability to read him.

Now, the one thing you have sort of right is that there is a list of countries that the government wants to attack. However, it's not just neo-cons, it's many democrats was well that support war/regime change. Remember that Mr. Peace Prize winner Obama continued right down the Bush's list of countries to invade/overthrow with his actions in Libya, and Syria.

There will be tremendous pressure put on Trump to start more wars, however, so far he has not given in to that pressure.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Same here. "He WANTS."
How do you know what he wants?
You can guess or assume, but no one knows what he wants but himself.

Have you ever had anyone stick words in your mouth or claim something on you that isnt true?
It is not kind to do such a thing.
It's my job to evaluate Trump, not be kind to him.

He wants to be a wartime president. I'm not backing off.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:40 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
What has been proven beyond any doubt during the election, is that you dems have been wrong about everything you have said about Trump, you completely lack any ability to read him.

Now, the one thing you have sort of right is that there is a list of countries that the government wants to attack. However, it's not just neo-cons, it's many democrats was well that support war/regime change. Remember that Mr. Peace Prize winner Obama continued right down the Bush's list of countries to invade/overthrow with his actions in Libya, and Syria.

There will be tremendous pressure put on Trump to start more wars, however, so far he has not given in to that pressure.
I didnt even vote for Obama nor Hillary.

Now that Trump sees how much praise he gets the more he bombs, his extreme narcissism is very dangerous.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:42 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
I didnt even vote for Obama nor Hillary.

Now that Trump sees how much praise he gets the more he bombs, his extreme narcissism is very dangerous.
Shhhhh! stburr91 beloves Trump is God. He can do no wrong.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:46 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's my job to evaluate Trump, not be kind to him.

He wants to be a wartime president. I'm not backing off.
No need to back off your opinion. So whom exactly are we going to go to war with? In your opinion.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Shhhhh! stburr91 beloves Trump is God. He can do no wrong.
Funny, I've said on here several times that Trump isn't the next Messiah, he was the simply best candidate running.

I've never once said Trump is perfect, and can do no wrong.

The difference between me, and the dems, is that I have a much better read on Trump (that was proven time, and again during the election). So, when Trump does something like say, fires a few missiles, I don't jump to the conclusion that he is, without any doubt, going to launch a major ground war in Syria.

One would think that the dems that have turned out to be wrong about everything they thought, or said about Trump, would eventually become open to what the people that have been correct about him from the beginning have to say.

If I was so consistently wrong about something, I wouldn't be constantly posting about it. Yet we have the people on here that have made fools of themselves with the complete nonsense they have been posting for the last year, and a half about Trump, have only doubled down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies