Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 01:53 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
The Supreme Court vacancy he filled was the most significant issue at stake in the last election. Anything else over the next 4 years is gravy.
This ^ is all I wanted out of this election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 01:55 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This ^ is all I wanted out of this election.
....remember to be careful what you wish for!

Old 04-25-2017, 02:02 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,816 times
But...but....everybody keeps saying that Trump did more in 100 days than Obama (or any other president) ever did....

I can't believe that they would lie, oh pardon me, use alternative facts about this issue.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:06 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No it wasn't he never promised that.trump didn't do the The House did that by not giving Obama's man a chance.Trump has done nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
The House plays no role in the confirmation process. Other than that, I'm having a hard time decoding your response.
^^^^You're not the only one. I, too, thought that his post was gibberish. Instead of clarifying, he comes back with name calling.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:15 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,991,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
That's the stupidest thing i've ever read.
You must not read the pro-Trump threads.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:18 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trump's first 100 Days accomplishment as promised: 0

Actual Accomplishment:

1. Nominated a Supreme Court Judge

2. Lied about sending an armada.

3. Called Meryl Streep overrated.

4. Failed to repeal Obamacare

5. Criticized retailers for dropping his daughter's clothing line

6. Spread fake news he heard on Alex Jones and Breitbart

7. Burned Arnold Schwarzenegger

8. Played golf.

Approval rating: 41%

Obama's first 100 days:

1. Passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009

2. Passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009

3. Updated the statute of limitations for equal-pay lawsuits

4. Expanded State Children's Health Insurance Program

5. Lifted the 7½-year ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research

6. Implemented new ethics guidelines designed to significantly curtail the influence of lobbyists on the executive branch.

Approval rating: 65%

That pretty much speaks for itself.

What counts is what obama left as a legacy, being first off the starting blocks is irrelevant. Setting the middle east on fire and funding the greatest sponsor of terror is not the sign of a successful administration. Obama set the foundation for cosmic global disater that cannot be erased by 'evolving' his position on social justice goals.

The media considered any opposition to obama as racist to shut down political opposition. Trump is being assaulted by dems and media relentlessly with dems legislators stating they would not even meet with trump.

Obama passed legislative disasters that will have to be changed.

65% is the least a novelty election winner might garner when he was considered untouchable. Any one who touched him was turned to a salt block by the media and dems. Obama appointed a communist as green energy czar and made a huge blunder appointing HRC as SOS. History will not be kind to obama.

Repubs gave obama whatever appointments he wanted as a sign of cooperation. Dems sandbagged and delayed Trump's appointments.

Given the hated filled fear mongering campaign that went unabated post election, Trump is doing far better than obama ever did in 8 years.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:18 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,991,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
According to the Obama choir (like montclair) it's brilliant

Remember; they are the smart ones

They'll be posting the same crap in 2021 during Trumps second term, after losing another 200 seats, 120 lower court judges, 2-3 more governors, and a complete 180 from Obama's feckless lead from behind rule of an academic fool. Who, BTW, is now taking $400k from those Wall Street crooks for a single speech. It's so great being a liberal progressive because hypocrisy is never a problem.

Why do you think the anti-Trump tribe is doing overtime in here over the last week? They need to get everyone off the fact that things have been pretty damn good lately.

While the Dems are continuing to look like fools.
I'd be careful making predictions. They may come back to haunt you, just like they did for the Hillary supporters.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:52 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No it wasn't he never promised that.trump didn't do the The House did that by not giving Obama's man a chance.Trump has done nothing.
Did you just awaken from a nap? Even though I almost always disagree with you, your posts are usually fairly coherent. The above lacks coherence, but I managed to decipher what you were trying to say.

First of all, the House didn't have anything to do with giving 'Obama's man' (Garland) a chance, nor a SCOTUS nominee nominated by any other POTUS...the Senate did. The Senate gives 'advice and consent' re SCOTUS nominees. Consent is obviously a vote, advice is not really defined and, most importantly, the Constitution doesn't put any timeline on that process.

I didn't vote for Trump, and I wish Hillary had had some other main opponent who could also have beaten her. Whether it was re laziness or a true desire to delegate (we'll likely never know which one), Trump announced that he would, re the Scalia vacancy, pick from one of the 20 judges recommended by The Heritage Foundation. On November 7th, people who were only going vote for one of the two major candidates had a choice between Trump and Hillary the next day. With Hillary, we would have had a pick probably not unlike Kagan or Sotomayor. I saw 'Save the Supreme Court, Vote Trump' signs in a few places around the Houston metro. Trump got enough votes in the right locations to win. Trump could have said 'Nah, forget the 20 on the list, I'll pick my own'. But he didn't. He honored THAT promise that he made before the election, and a number of people probably voted as the person you replied to did...the Supreme Court was the most important issue. I had the luxury of not voting for Trump (among other things, I'm not a Republican), and not having any feeling of dereliction about it (Hillary wasn't going to win Texas), but perhaps the person you were replying to lived in a swing state on November 8th, 2016. The person you replied to probably didn't read my post, but I actually used the phrase 'anything else is gravy' re the Supreme Court in a post not too long after the election.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:00 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
It's funny because we have all of the "Trump is doing horrible things threads" and we have the "Trump isn't doing anything threads".

Me personally, I'm glad there's no stupid wall and that ACA wasn't repealed and I think it's probably better he's not doing stuff.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:32 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
That's the stupidest thing i've ever read.
This.

Here's a very quick summary of what Obama did, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Lead the Republican Party to the White House, lost control of the Senate, lost the House with over 1000 seats, lost the Governorships, lost the Supreme Court, etc....
Bootlicking our enemies and neglected our veterans, apologized to the world for once being the greatest, ...

Trump has accomplished so much despite having to wipe clean much of Obama's mess and with a 91% disapproval rating from our msm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Trump's sales pitches are drying up.
He don't need a sales pitch. He has the whole deck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies