Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 04:36 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We knew what we were getting.
Like I said, is this just virtue signaling?
That only makes it worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 04:39 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Why?

Because.

But why?

Because.

Because why?

Just because, dammit!

You still haven't offered any real reason why posting a transcript of an incoherent ramble should be considered an example of virtue signaling.
WTF is " virtue signaling" anyway? Some of the **** these people come up with and attribute to the Dems is beyond me. Safe spaces? Who the hell?

Old 04-24-2017, 04:49 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
WTF is " virtue signaling" anyway? Some of the **** these people come up with and attribute to the Dems is beyond me. Safe spaces? Who the hell?
According to Google, it's this, at least in theory:

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

In reality, it seems to be more like a convenient insult used by people who want to dismiss legitimate but disagreeable or potentially embarrassing facts.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:07 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Trump is completely incoherent.
The President did a wide ranging interview with the AP where he talks about what he calls the "fake media."

Here's part of the conversation:

Here's the full transcript:

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88...um=AP_Politics

"Trump is completely incoherent."

Quote of the day
“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in
which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants
of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have
overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s
a major accomplishment.”

- Hillary Clinton 11 March 2014

Could someone please tell me what the hell she just said?

So, tell us, who did YOU vote for?

Did YOU ever comment on Hillary's evasive answers?

Or when Obama was asked a question, he would take 5 minutes to answer and in the end you didn't have an idea what he was talking about?

8 years of it and NOW all of a sudden you are concerned.

OH, the hypocrisy!

Old 04-24-2017, 06:31 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
When I read transcripts, and this AP interview is worth reading, of Trump's speeches and interviews, I'm impressed. He doesn't speak like past presidents, but if you look past his informal, unconventional way of communicating, Trump is usually very, very astute in his assessments.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:40 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Jesus.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:51 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Trump is completely incoherent."

Quote of the day
“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in
which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants
of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have
overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s
a major accomplishment.”

- Hillary Clinton 11 March 2014

Could someone please tell me what the hell she just said?

So, tell us, who did YOU vote for?

Did YOU ever comment on Hillary's evasive answers?

Or when Obama was asked a question, he would take 5 minutes to answer and in the end you didn't have an idea what he was talking about?

8 years of it and NOW all of a sudden you are concerned.

OH, the hypocrisy!
Seriously you cannot even compare. We are talking about a President that rarely talks coherently. There is no hypocrisy. There is just astonishment that Trump supporters don't recognize it.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:55 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Yugely embarrassing.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:00 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
When I read transcripts, and this AP interview is worth reading, of Trump's speeches and interviews, I'm impressed. He doesn't speak like past presidents, but if you look past his informal, unconventional way of communicating, Trump is usually very, very astute in his assessments.
Which assessments are astute?

Old 04-24-2017, 10:20 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
The man actually claimed he has higher ratings than the destruction of the WTC on 9/11...

Then again he did brag about his building being the tallest in NYC on the day the WTC fell, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised at how repugnant this man is.

He is truly a psychopathic narcissist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies