Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 10:35 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,818 times

Advertisements

When he LIES every single day to their faces?

I will destroy ISIS so fast your head will spin.
I will repeal and replace Obamacare on day one.
I will lock up Hillary Clinton
I will sue the women who claim I sexually harassed them
I will release my tax returns
The murder rate is rising in Philly
We have an $800 billion trade deficit.
I never said I was going to repeal and replace in the first 61 days. (LOL)
NATO doesn’t cover terrorism.

All flat out LIES by Donald J. Trump. Quotes.

Why are Cons ok with being lied to every single day by Donald J. Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 10:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
I don't know. I'm a Rockefeller and I couldn't vote for him even in the primaries (then again I didn't vote since I am an independent and didn't want to deflect a side.)

Old 04-25-2017, 10:55 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
When he LIES every single day to their faces?

I will destroy ISIS so fast your head will spin.
I will repeal and replace Obamacare on day one.
I will lock up Hillary Clinton
I will sue the women who claim I sexually harassed them
I will release my tax returns
The murder rate is rising in Philly
We have an $800 billion trade deficit.
I never said I was going to repeal and replace in the first 61 days. (LOL)
NATO doesn’t cover terrorism.

All flat out LIES by Donald J. Trump. Quotes.

Why are Cons ok with being lied to every single day by Donald J. Trump?
Eventually, many books will be written on this subject from a sociology point of view. Personally, I think his ardent supporters want so badly to have things go their way, that they con themselves into believing what Trump says.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:57 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,788,713 times
Because he has an R in front of his name.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:27 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Because he has an R in front of his name.
Odd how Cons have nothing to say in this thread.

Kind of proves they don't really care about the issues. They just want a Con in the white house.. no matter who it is. Sad.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:38 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
What is the alternative?

Quote:
"It is to be considered that, without his consent having even been asked a man finds himself surrounded by a government that he cannot resist; a government that forces him to pay money, render service, and forego the exercise of many of his natural rights, under peril of weighty punishments. He sees too, that other men practice this tyranny over him by the use of the ballot. He sees further, that, if he will but use the ballot himself, he has some chance of relieving himself from this tyranny of others, by subjecting them to his own.

In short, he finds himself, without his consent, so situated that, if he use the ballot, he may become a master; if he does not use it, he must become a slave. And he has no other alternative than these two.

In self-defense, he attempts the former.

His case is analogous to that of a man who has been forced into battle, where he must either kill others, or be killed himself. If, to save his own life in battle, a man takes the lives of his opponents, is it to be inferred that the battle is one of his own choosing?

Neither in contests with the ballot, which is a mere substitute for a bullet. If, as his only chance of self-preservation, a man uses a ballot, is it to be inferred that the contest is one into which he voluntarily entered? That he voluntarily set up all his own natural rights, as a stake against those of others, to be lost or won by the mere power of numbers.

On the contrary, it is to be considered that, in an exigency into which he had been forced by others, and in which no other means of self-defense offered, he, as a matter of necessity, used the only one that was left to him." - Lysander Spooner, No Treason, 1867

Old 04-25-2017, 11:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
i trust trump about as much as i trust any politician. they ALL suck. however trump was far better than the alternatives.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:47 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:

Kind of proves they don't really care about the issues. They just want a Con in the white house.. no matter who it is. Sad.
That is how politics works. Most of the people in this country are literally terrified of the other party. And honestly, they are terrified of each other.

The system forces you to to pick a team, and defend your team. Because what other choice do you have?

If you want people to change teams, you have to give them a better team. I mean, from the perspective of some, the only choices are the literally the equivalent of choosing between Hitler and Stalin.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-25-2017 at 11:57 PM..

Old 04-26-2017, 12:47 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown

They cannot see the LIES.... They have been programmed to ignore them......

Old 04-26-2017, 12:55 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:

That's because it's a stupid question.

A better question would be, why do working-class whites like Trump?

Answer: he doesn't hate my ****ing guts and hope I die a slow, miserable death as seems to be the case with most leftists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies