Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 01:41 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,678,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That man insults our intelligence nearly every day. He holds the lifetime liar award. His fabrications will be talked about for generations to come, long, long, long after you and I are gone. The ignoramus has already shown the world he can dish it out, he should be able to take it.

He and his oligarch crony buddies are getting ready to strip the cupboard bare. The Wall Street bandits and Oil barons are all in place.

Accepting him the way he is would be letting the people down. It would literally be unpatriotic to ignore what he is doing and just let it happen without saying something.

You SAID it!! 👍

Old 05-09-2017, 03:12 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,678,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Umm..he is not a hero to the useful idiots on the left, Coleburt does not have an original thought in his head. He needs to have other people write his opinion for him. That whole diatribe was written for him.
Uh, yeah.. they all have joke writers, always have.

Different from a guy trying to "act presidential" when necessary, who HAS to have everything written out for him by others, since he is unable to write, read, think or speak well on his own. The only time he speaks freely on his own is when he is yelling out negative remarks and acting macho before his fans, which comes naturally to him over being an authentically caring, concerned, smart and capable president.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:24 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Uh, yeah.. they all have joke writers, always have.

Different from a guy trying to "act presidential" when necessary, who HAS to have everything written out for him by others, since he is unable to write, read, think or speak well on his own. The only time he speaks freely on his own is when he is yelling out negative remarks and acting macho before his fans, which comes naturally to him over being an authentically caring, concerned, smart and capable president.
I've seen Colbert in person.

The show is clearly scripted. If he mispronounces a word or flubs up a phrase, he can go back and jump into the middle of a monologue without missing a beat for a retake.

However, he comes out ahead of the taping to answer questions from the audience, and the man flat funny.

Not only that, he can sing a Mahalia Jackson hymn and sound just like her.

My guess is that joke was scripted and cleared way before he ever stepped on stage.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:17 PM

35,721 posts, read 21,087,398 times
think the prez should forget all media unless needs to announce something important-- and do his job-

Old 05-09-2017, 03:44 PM

10,794 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
think the prez should forget all media unless needs to announce something important-- and do his job-
The media has had no impact on the job.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:13 PM

46,975 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Dear Lord, are the precious snowflakes still triggered over mean old Colbert saying things?

Old 05-10-2017, 10:40 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
more hilarity from the Coal Bear

Stephen Colbert's audience cheers James Comey firing, changes tune after host's correction

Old 05-10-2017, 12:45 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,020,008 times
What people fail to realize is that people such as Colbert are comedians. I remember watching Colbert when he was on an obscure Comedy Central show called Strangers with Candy. He was hilarious and there was never any indication that guy the was political. He was no different than his Daily Show fellow correspondent Steve Carrell who was able to break awy from the political posturing and have a regular career as a comedic actor.

The same can be said for Samantha Bee, John Oliver, Trevor Noah, Hassan Minajh and to a lesser extent Bill Maher. None of these people were ever political commentators before or ever worked in anything remotely related to politics or investigative journalism. John Oliver was a member of the Cambridge Footlights, a comedic acting troupe that included members such as Hugh Laurie and Emma Thompson.

They are actors and comedians who've been given a huge boost in their careers by parroting the opinions of the left with razor wit. That's it. They make liberals feel good and smarmy, that is the gist of their job. They have a team of writers working round the clock to offer them material to make their liberal talking points sound sensationally provocative and sardonic.

I bet if you really grilled Trevor Noah on some of the functions of government live on air he wouldn't know much. Their opinions amount to about as much as all of us in here having a laugh about the idiocy of DC politics. It's entertainment, period.
But liberals take that entertainment to the next level and use it as ACTUAL NEWS. This is where they get their actual news from and they sop up the smug and smarmy gooeyness with a biscuit. They seek their consolation and to have their worldview affirmed n to question anything. They rely on them a lot.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:55 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,738,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What people fail to realize is that people such as Colbert are comedians. I remember watching Colbert when he was on an obscure Comedy Central show called Strangers with Candy. He was hilarious and there was never any indication that guy the was political. He was no different than his Daily Show fellow correspondent Steve Carrell who was able to break awy from the political posturing and have a regular career as a comedic actor.

The same can be said for Samantha Bee, John Oliver, Trevor Noah, Hassan Minajh and to a lesser extent Bill Maher. None of these people were ever political commentators before or ever worked in anything remotely related to politics or investigative journalism. John Oliver was a member of the Cambridge Footlights, a comedic acting troupe that included members such as Hugh Laurie and Emma Thompson.

They are actors and comedians who've been given a huge boost in their careers by parroting the opinions of the left with razor wit. That's it. They make liberals feel good and smarmy, that is the gist of their job. They have a team of writers working round the clock to offer them material to make their liberal talking points sound sensationally provocative and sardonic.

I bet if you really grilled Trevor Noah on some of the functions of government live on air he wouldn't know much. Their opinions amount to about as much as all of us in here having a laugh about the idiocy of DC politics. It's entertainment, period.
But liberals take that entertainment to the next level and use it as ACTUAL NEWS. This is where they get their actual news from and they sop up the smug and smarmy gooeyness with a biscuit. They seek their consolation and to have their worldview affirmed n to question anything. They rely on them a lot.
Nothing more than wishful thinking on your part. I've had my worldview waaaaay before Colbert or any of the others that you mentioned were anywhere near a television studio. And no I don't get my news from a comedy show. That's just stupid.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:03 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,020,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Nothing more than wishful thinking on your part. I've had my worldview waaaaay before Colbert or any of the others that you mentioned were anywhere near a television studio. And no I don't get my news from a comedy show. That's just stupid.
Many liberals do not trust the mainstream media any more than conservatives do. The MSM is a joke, so some who aren't political junkies just get their news from comedy shows because the format includes actual news with stinging commentary (and spin).

If they do not get their news from these shows, they most certainly get their worldview affirmed by them when a comedian unleashes a barrage of incredibly sarcastic quips and zingers to the tune of a sycophantic audience. Sorry but these shows are basically consolation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies