Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:05 AM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times

Advertisements

Comey said Putin hates Hillary Clinton, and that Putin prefers dealing with a businessman instead of a politician.
Franken tried desperately hard to get Comey to agree to a witch hunt of Trump's team and to demand Trump release tax returns, and Comey effed him up royally and refused to get involved in the witch hunt.
Franken has no power, and no influence, and the witch hunt has proven to be an utter failure for the Dems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 10:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Why do politicians do that?

Both sides think they are so clever -- they aren't.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:08 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Citation please.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:11 AM

^ Go to youtube and watch Comey testifying right now, go to the part where Franken questioned him.
Watch the last minute of Franken and his utter fail over and over again, as Comey gave him nothing.
Its on the front page of youtube, a live video of Comey.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:15 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
^ Go to youtube and watch Comey testifying right now, go to the part where Franken questioned him.
Watch the last minute of Franken and his utter fail over and over again, as Comey gave him nothing.
Or, you know... Comey could have just answered the question with his own words, and removed all doubt.

The Trump Admin are frighteningly fond of not answering any questions.

Why? What are they hiding?

If Al Franken asked me if I thought the sky was green, I'd tell him I thought it was blue.

Because, I do.

If Franken asked me if I deliberately tried to throw Hillary under the bus, I'd have to answer truthfully or risk perjuring myself, so I would probably just tell him why I announced that Clinton was under further investigation and ignore any sensationalist parts of a question.

Unless I thought someone had hard evidence (emails, phone calls, etc) that would show that I did that deliberately to discredit Clinton, in which case, I'd have to tell the truth.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:52 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Its on the front page of youtube, a live video of Comey.
You do know they have a open investigation going on Trump right?

Comey won't say anything about it.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You do know they have a open investigation going on Trump right?

Comey won't say anything about it.
Actually Comey did say something about it, he said that his findings have shown that Putin wanted Trump to win the election for 2 reasons. He said those reasons were:
a) Putin hates Hillary Clinton.
b) Putin wants to deal with a businessman instead of a politician.
I should also mention that Comey is yet to fully commit to the notion that Russians hacked the DNC.
Comey said the FBI has "high confidence" that Russia was behind the hacking of the DNC, so still not definitive (and it probably never will be, because hackers are usually beyond reach).
Comey stated this in reply to Trump stating that it could be China or someone else.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:24 PM

I am now a fan of Comey, for the first time.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:36 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or, you know... Comey could have just answered the question with his own words, and removed all doubt.

The Trump Admin are frighteningly fond of not answering any questions.

Why? What are they hiding?

If Al Franken asked me if I thought the sky was green, I'd tell him I thought it was blue.

Because, I do.

If Franken asked me if I deliberately tried to throw Hillary under the bus, I'd have to answer truthfully or risk perjuring myself, so I would probably just tell him why I announced that Clinton was under further investigation and ignore any sensationalist parts of a question.

Unless I thought someone had hard evidence (emails, phone calls, etc) that would show that I did that deliberately to discredit Clinton, in which case, I'd have to tell the truth.
Hillary proved how hiding everything possible is the best course to take. Everyone witnessed that a lack of cooperation is not a liability.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:40 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Actually Comey did say something about it, he said that his findings have shown that Putin wanted Trump to win the election for 2 reasons. He said those reasons were:
a) Putin hates Hillary Clinton.
b) Putin wants to deal with a businessman instead of a politician.
I should also mention that Comey is yet to fully commit to the notion that Russians hacked the DNC.
Comey said the FBI has "high confidence" that Russia was behind the hacking of the DNC, so still not definitive (and it probably never will be, because hackers are usually beyond reach).
Comey stated this in reply to Trump stating that it could be China or someone else.
People should be cler what high confidence means. 90% probability. And its VERY rare to ever get absolutes from these folks, so its basically the highest level of confidence.

And correct, Comey did say those things, but won't really discuss anything about the investigation until its done. A lot of his answers stated he wouldn't say outside of a classified briefing, and even those are limited in who is informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies