Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2017, 08:16 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,824,487 times

Advertisements

I find the US sad because we could most likely avoid more abortions if there was more birth control. When you count them it seems like a lot but the fact is the options we have kinda suck. The only one that is effective enough is the IUDs but there's only two kinds. You either have the choice of putting a hormone in your body or a copper coil. A copper coil is way better than getting an abortion obviously but if one is scared they end up sometimes making not the best choices. I would recommend getting one as it's the best option you could get IMO but some people might have copper sensitivities so it won't work for all. Also it's still something I had to contemplate because I knew my periods were going to be heavier and likely more painful. I also had some times I felt like fainting.
I've been reading a lot about people's experiences with birth control and so many have a hard time.
In other countries, they apparently have more IUDs that are a lot more comfortable and still super effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Why do people act like PP is just an abortion factory? They do so much more than that. STD testing, cancer screenings, they provide birth control to women. You don't want women to have abortions but, you don't want them to have access to the pill either. Smdh
"Sex is for procreation only" Boy do they sound like fun people eh? I wonder how many of them actually abstain from premarital sex anyway. There is a lot of hypocrisy in the religious community.
As I said up there birth control isn't an easy thing to deal with on its own so it seems ridiculous to make it more difficult by making it not as easily accessible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 08:20 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,033,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Try again, here's a link..take a deep breath and read it. The people who supposedly tried to buy body parts are not charged with anything because they didn't do anything illegal, but the people who made the videos are charged with 15 felony counts, here's the link again:
Two antiabortion activists behind undercover Planned Parenthood videos charged with 15 felonies - LA Times
I stand corrected

The article reads- "Prosecutors filed 14 felony counts of unlawfully recording people without their permission — one count for each person — as well as one count of conspiracy to invade privacy"

They were charged for committing crimes for their filming, not attempts to buy dead baby parts. Both are illegal

For this small handful of people, strangers off of the street, to be able to do business buying illegal baby parts from the largest abortion provider in the US would be difficult to believe. Though entirely possible I suppose, but it would be more of a fluke than the norm.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:21 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,158,737 times
More birth control in the U.S.? This thread can't be serious with the above post saying the U.S. is repressing birth control. Wow.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
More birth control in the U.S.? This thread can't be serious with the above post saying the U.S. is repressing birth control. Wow.
I'm not necessarily saying they are repressing. I'm saying we have less options.

Read this:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ntries/523077/

Old 05-06-2017, 08:45 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,649,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Abortion is legal. Let's not make it harder to get an abortion. Let's not go back to the alleys to get an abortion. There will always be abortions. But I guess in some minds...as long as you have made it illegal again you don't care what the back alleys do.
Slavery was legal once, that didn't make it right. People will always commit crimes, but making things illegal deters some and allows people who actually do carry out the crime to be punished.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:47 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,033,420 times
Quote:
Abortion is legal. Let's not make it harder to get an abortion. Let's not go back to the alleys to get an abortion. There will always be abortions. But I guess in some minds...as long as you have made it illegal again you don't care what the back alleys do.
We should always care when people attempt to murder their own kin.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:48 PM

32,266 posts, read 15,226,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Slavery was legal once, that didn't make it right. People will always commit crimes, but making things illegal deters some and allows people who actually do carry out the crime to be punished.
The supreme court made abortion legal.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
There will always be abortions.
There will most likely always be abortions just like there will always be shelters that euthanize dogs and cats. As an animal lover I may find it sad but I also recognize that there's just no room for them and that seems far worse than terminating a pregnancy because the dog and cat are not scientifically a parasite.

Not to mention we eat other animals for food. For many it's a fact of life. Some people are vegetarians but the reasonable vegetarians don't judge the ones who eat meat.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:55 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,649,862 times
Quote:
The supreme court made abortion legal.
That's even worse. It wasn't even a democratic decision. If Kennedy retires or dies in the nexr two years or so then abortion will probably be illegal again in some states.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:00 PM

32,266 posts, read 15,226,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That's even worse. It wasn't even a democratic decision. If Kennedy retires or dies in the nexr two years or so then abortion will probably be illegal again in some states.
Why would you want abortion to be illegal again. Making it illegal doesn't mean it still won't happen. I guess it means you will be peace at mind while women are in back alleys again. But as long as it's illegal you don't care. You can't do this to women again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies