Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 05:57 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The ACA provided INSURANCE not healthcare.

It was insurance that the poor couldn't pay the premiums on much less the deductibles.
Come on Pedro. We all know ACA sucked - it was a hugely flawed plan. Why? The Republicans essentially obstructed the original plan for ACA until they forced a watered down highly bureaucratic monstrosity down our throats, a far cry from where it started. Remember all that? At least the ACA retained a few essential features like true protection for those with "pre-existing" conditions, but by the time the Republicans were through, the premiums were out of reach for many. Pretty funny, they were directly responsible for how bad the ACA was - and they blamed Obama.

It's hard to believe that in this version it can get worse, but it has. Pre-existing condition protection is just a nod and a wink. Older adults who need health care insurance? Their premiums will by many times higher than with ACA. It's telling that they are keeping most of the features of the ACA, and premiums are going up not down. ACA was transfigured but the Republicans to feather the nest of the insurance companies and health care giants, and this version will go even further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 05:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This is how out of touch Democrats are! Lying and fake news.

If someone has a medical emergency then the will be helped at any hospital. If kids needs vaccines than the health department will give them for free.
Not free. You are paying for it so what's the difference? "I don't want to pay". You are paying. This gets pointed out all the time but never acknowledged. Everyone pays for those without health care now. It's been proved over and over that it's less expensive if people get treated early as opposed to putting it off. It's less expensive to go to a Quick Care place as opposed to the E.R.

Quote:
Many people I know freely choose not to pay for Obamacare as it cost them more than the penalty.

The only Democrat in my office was mad at Obama for not getting free health care as she expected and we had told her about. She makes enough money to pay for health care and her pre-existing conditions are not cause to be denied but she says she is cheaper off now.

Since her credit is bad she doesn't care about going to an emergency room and not paying the bill so she willingly made this choice and expects all of us to pay higher premiums to cover for her unwillingness to pay into the system.
And you are.

Quote:
Democrats keep being out of touch with lying and not accepting the truth and facts!
I'm not a Democrat but you have no standing here to be complaining about people not accepting truths.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:01 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
The representative (and I use that term loosely) made this declaration at a town hall. This is how out of touch, willfully ignorant, callous and detached from their constituents the GOP has become.

GOP rep: "Nobody dies because they don't have access to healthcare"

GOP promised to cover preexisting conditions and promptly removed the broken promise from their website. Trumpcare is such a dumpster fire for the vast majority of the population that the senate refuses to use it as a baseline.

When you get a job, you can buy your own healthcare with your own money.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:04 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
People who value a piece of paper with ink on it more than another person's life really are messed up.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
When you get a job, you can buy your own healthcare with your own money.
No, you often times can't.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:31 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Almost all hospitals receive federal funds and are required to have some free care for cancer and reduced cost services available. These services are targeted for those who have no health insurance, have cancer, and aren't eligible for medicaid or medicare. Check with the financial services dept at the hospital...and ask to apply for free care.

Stop listening to liberal b.s.
This is true

Old 05-07-2017, 08:00 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times
The GOP may have been right about Death Panels regarding healthcare. The first national death panel committee actually got together this past week. See the linked photo:

https://peoplebranch.files.wordpress...pg?w=700&h=465

Old 05-07-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The GOP may have been right about Death Panels regarding healthcare. The first national death panel committee actually got together this past week. See the linked photo:

https://peoplebranch.files.wordpress...pg?w=700&h=465
I've covered this many times....we have had death panels since forever. Since the time of the idea of insurance they have never paid for just any procedure for just anyone. At some point that all say "no more".

Old 05-07-2017, 08:08 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The ignorance of people defending this boggles the mind.
Pre-ACA. My mother felt bad, but couldnt afford to see a Dr. months later when she passed out she was taken to the ER. the lung cancer had metastasized. If she had gone in earleir, she would have had a chance. My mother died.

My friend had type 1 diabetes, and it got bad enough his liver failed. He choose to stop the dialysis and die after losing his job, and healthcare rather then bankrupt his family. He had REAL insurance and worked hard. we're a right to work state, his employer fired him rather then see their insurance costs go up.

People defending this show a level of callousness, and intentional ignorance that I am disgusted by it.
These cases, unfortunately, occur a lot. And, people's response to it can be callousness beyond understanding. And ignorance, too, of how things work and don't work in health care. People think, "Oh I just have to work hard and buy my insurance." It's not always like that at all. You won't know what your insurance will cover or won't or when it will go...via job loss or divorce or widowhood. Now, w/ pre -existing almost off the table w/ this bill in the House, essentially, it will be a death sentence to many. When it starts affecting Trump supporters, they'll understand that hard way I guess.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:09 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Nobody is denied care when they are in a life and death situation. The left needs to stop with the scare tactics.
True, in general.
I do know someone who died of HepC, because he could not afford the medicine that cures it. That was during ACA, so they've got their nerve, saying what they do about the republican plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies