Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2017, 08:21 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,599,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
The representative (and I use that term loosely) made this declaration at a town hall. This is how out of touch, willfully ignorant, callous and detached from their constituents the GOP has become.

GOP rep: "Nobody dies because they don't have access to healthcare"

GOP promised to cover preexisting conditions and promptly removed the broken promise from their website. Trumpcare is such a dumpster fire for the vast majority of the population that the senate refuses to use it as a baseline.

We have now just enter the Golden Age of the lying wonders......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 08:24 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,630,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why is it my problem because someone gets ill and can't afford his deductibles?
You just don't want to be a part of a functioning society so you should pack up and move to Somalia.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,911,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You just don't want to be a part of a functioning society so you should pack up and move to Somalia.
Society was functioning much better than Somalia in 2007.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:30 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,101,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Nobody is denied care when they are in a life and death situation. The left needs to stop with the scare tactics.
No, but they have to pay for it. And many go into debt because they can't afford the cost.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:43 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,630,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Society was functioning much better than Somalia in 2007.
So you are saying our society is not functioning better than Somalia since then?

Old 05-06-2017, 08:44 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
So you are saying our society is not functioning better than society since then?
whogo will say anything he thinks helps his narrative.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:48 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,520,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why is it my problem because someone gets ill and can't afford his deductibles?
Basic health care isn't a right - it is a fundamental need provided to all citizens by an enlightened and intelligent society - which recognizes that we are all in this together - and that if those around us are healthier, we all benefit.

Tough concept to grasp, I know. Especially for the "me" crowd.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:05 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,911,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Basic health care isn't a right - it is a fundamental need provided to all citizens by an enlightened and intelligent society - which recognizes that we are all in this together - and that if those around us are healthier, we all benefit.

Sorry if us unenlightened folks don't want to play your game.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:12 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

More like impossible. When we were much more primitive tribes would just cast them out to starve to death. Nowadays its too easy for them to survive, and harm the rest of us.

Ah the good ol days.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:13 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,039,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweed22 View Post
The U.S is the land of opportunity for everyone. Go get a job and buy real health insurance. People need to stop being scum and looking for government hand outs. I have health insurance because I work my but off from nothing. Hard work. I want the government out of my life. Most of these pigd take advantage, and don't have health insurance because they rather cable TV, and leased range Rover. Get a job snowflakes!!!! Get a job, make it happen.... work 18 hours a day

Rattle Rattle that old "just work hard" crapola. At one time yes you would be 100% correct

but the US is near last in socio-economic mobility. Lots of people work hard, due to less jobs and more seekers, they may not get them. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Why do you think that the millions hurting for health insurance suddenly got lazy, or drive $50k cars

Do you even get how expensive health insurance is in America? Do you pay 100% of your premium?

Yeah I get it you worked 26 hours a day 9 days a week, lived on 3 grains of rice a day. blah blah

No one wants to admit it, but there's folks who work harder than you that struggle, there's a number of legit reasons as to why. You DO get that there are many people struggling and work 2-3 jobs IF they can get them. But never mind, I'm wasting my time with someone that won;t get it and, never will.

BTW before you go off on me and tell me to get a job ;snowflake and all that stuff, I'll tell you that I now live overseas (since 2013), semi-retired around age 46, fully at age 50, and while I'm not going to lie like most here and tell you I'm a 1%, I WILL say I'm set for life- unless I live to be 175. I did it by working hard also, rarely more than 45 hours a week, usually 30-35; made mistakes of course, but overcame enough challenges that would cause most people to fold-so hate to tell you you're not the hard-working "snowflake" you think you are, plenty worked just as hard-only difference is, I apparently worked a helluva lot smarter.
So while I agree with you that people need to work hard(though I'm fairly certain they kinda figured that out already) I encourage you to step away from Fox news and other conservative rags that demonize struggling people, and step out into the REAL world a bit, and actually see the challenges many in America face. It sure opened my eyes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies