Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 07:07 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,493,052 times

Advertisements

" Why has the nation turned away from the Democratic Party? "

Haven't actually.

You can give Karl Rove and his interstate gerrymandering scheme all the credit for Republican successes. It was a masterstroke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 07:08 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,454,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
THe mobocracy has spoken and no-one cares what they say. They lost.
For the moment..for the moment...given what Trump and the Congress are doing with their victory....I wouldn't feel too complacent.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:09 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,237,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
One reason is that the Democratic Party has become everything it once loathed and was against...elitist, globalist, interventionist, self-serving, warmongering and overflowing with hubris.. In years past, the Democratic Party presented itself as the party of "the working people" against the business interests of banks and corporations.

The current version of the Democratic Party has embraced big banks, financiers, billionaires and corporations, cozying up to Big Money for hundreds of millions in campaign contributions and Super-PAC funding.

As for supporting "the working people"--Hillary's comment about "deplorables" summed up the unspoken view of the Democratic Party elites.

Of Two Minds - Why the Democrats Can't Let Go of Losing
You push posting like this trying to convince Democrats to be disenchanted, with your aim at reverse psychology. What you should note, is the Democratic party is stronger, and that was proven by the Popular vote. The mess of the elector not doing their jobs, is why Trump is in office. Their job was not to move any unfit person to this high office, and they played Party game of partisanship, and put this man in office.

They did not do the job they were placed to do. Electors, should only be utilized when there is a very close vote.

You are deflecting, when truth is, it is the Republican Establishment that has filled this administration with Big Banker, Financiers, Billionaires and Corporations. Look with eyes open, not the game of trying to promote the game of seeking to dispirit Democratic voters.

That game may have been of some effectiveness in the past election, but people have become wise to it.

When ever a Republican condemns the Democrats, all one has to do is flip over what they say, and apply it to republicans, and then the truth is like a Neon Sign... with a bright glow.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:10 PM

1,122 posts, read 967,628 times
The Democratic party which use to be the party of Kennedy long ago is no more. The Hippies of the 70's took it over as well as Hollywood. The Dems are the ones with all the money actually.

Right now I am pretty angry with the Dems here in California. State of California - Conrad Hilton - Los Angeles County put their money together and are now purchasing homes all across Los Angeles/California that are in foreclosure and turning them into group homes to house AB 109 Re-alignment parolees. They just did this on our block. I have no love for that party at all.

Our property value will no doubt go down and it will bring trouble. It's so ironic that we are having major problems with low level crimes - theft & break ins. An elderly woman was attacked after she opened her door to three young men who beat the crap out of her in Hawthorne, CA. Now they want to help these parolees ease into the mainstream by housing them in neighborhoods that just want to survive - live in peace. They found a way to do it and you have no say so.

Nothing can be done according to this gentleman who reached out to me. They did this in their neighborhood and people were so upset. They sought an attorney and he stated there is not much that can be done. I am not buying it. I think this is the time you reach out to John and Ken of KFI radio and bring attention to the issue.

We have been lied to but will people fight back? Will they get the media involved? The Democratic party has ruined California. Why do this in our neighborhoods? What about all those vacant buildings in Los Angeles? Why pick our communities?

Old 05-06-2017, 07:11 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,493,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
...given what Trump and the Congress are doing with their victory....I wouldn't feel too complacent.
It is very difficult to balance the competing interests of so many rich political contributors. They are getting in one another's way.

This should become more obvious as the tax deform process gets into high gear.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:14 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,650,790 times
This must have been on Faux news. It's Fake news. Don't believe it....

Old 05-06-2017, 07:17 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,454,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
The Democratic party which use to be the party of Kennedy long ago is no more. The Hippies of the 70's took it over as well as Hollywood. The Dems are the ones with all the money actually.

Right now I am pretty angry with the Dems here in California. State of California - Conrad Hilton - Los Angeles County put their money together and are now purchasing homes all across Los Angeles/California that are in foreclosure and turning them into group homes to house AB 109 Re-alignment parolees. They just did this on our block. I have no love for that party at all.

Our property value will no doubt go down and it will bring trouble. It's so ironic that we are having major problems with low level crimes - theft & break ins. An elderly woman was attacked after she opened her door to three young men who beat the crap out of her in Hawthorne, CA. Now they want to help these parolees ease into the mainstream by housing them in neighborhoods that just want to survive - live in peace. They found a way to do it and you have no say so.

Nothing can be done according to this gentleman who reached out to me. They did this in their neighborhood and people were so upset. They sought an attorney and he stated there is not much that can be done. I am not buying it. I think this is the time you reach out to John and Ken of KFI radio and bring attention to the issue.

We have been lied to but will people fight back? Will they get the media involved? The Democratic party has ruined California. Why do this in our neighborhoods? What about all those vacant buildings in Los Angeles? Why pick our communities?
The other view:

AB 109: A rare opportunity for thoughtful criminal justice | CAFWD

Old 05-06-2017, 07:22 PM

30,652 posts, read 19,363,255 times
The Far Left Extremist group demanding purity and oneness of thought in a religious fervor way has driven sane people away.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:26 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,349,916 times
Democrat party is just lost. Here we have a centrist president who spends all his time with his liberal daughter, and progressive Jared Kushner.... and the left is too messed up to work with the guy.

Obama, Clinton, Schumer. ... they all love the idea of a massive border wall. .. but now all their beliefs are suddenly racist because Trump said it. The Dems are the biggest losers in the world.

The Dems are a bunch of rich hypocrites that don't contribute to the Treasury, not the republican voters.

Hillary talking about Comey? Comey was the best thing that ever happened to her. Where are the 30 thousand emails the media refuses to talk about. She should have been arrested right on the debate stage, but thanks to Comey...she's free

Old 05-06-2017, 07:26 PM

12,058 posts, read 6,606,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Three millions more people voted for a Democrat over a Republican and your conclusion is that the nation is turning away from the Democratic Party?

The democrats have lost the House, the Senate, the Presidency, the vast majority of state legislatures and governors.
Yeah, I'd say the nation is turning away from the D party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies