Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 02:33 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Blacks have lower IQs on average. If we went strictly on merit it would reflect in admissions.

That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Which then renders IQ assessments meaningless since a number of people of African origin outperform others academically and in terms of overall career success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They aren't.

Higher IQs are linked to higher academic achievement...on average.
Well then again IQ assessments fail since Africans are said to have low IQs, often.lower than African-Americans. Yet Africans tend to have higher academic achievement than African-Americans. In the UK, certain African groups also tend to outperform white students.

Indians have lower IQs than certain East Asian groups but yet have higher academic achievement than said groups. IQ tests fail again.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 05-09-2017 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 02:35 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
In another 152 years you will be saying the same thing.
Perfect example of someone who chooses to be ignorant. you know the other poster is correct, so you make some little petty ignorant remark. We see you.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:40 PM

Anyways...the black students are attending the official ceremony. There are having another ceremony that they paid for just to recognize each others academic accomplishmentsm I see no issue with this. This just falls right in line with stuff I always bring up on these forums.

-people get mad when blacks do something on their own without white overseers

and what's even better.

-blacks need to pull themselves up
*blacks graduate from Harvard and pay for their own private ceremony afterwards
-why are blacks only pulling themselves up...why aren't we invited.

yall really think yall need to be focal point of every aspect of black people's lives?

Old 05-09-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
When white people congregate it's KKK and racist. When black people congregate it's diversity and progressive. Can't explain that...

By the way, they can do whatever the hell they want in college. It's a real problem when they enter the work force. I don't want to work with people with this kind of mentality.
white people congregating and not bothering anybody else is not a problem. Just like these black kids are doing. They are attending the official ceremony. They are just having their own private paid for ceremony as well that is not official. This hurts nobody else. They are not getting together to burn a cross in somebody's yard.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:50 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I wasnt aware black people led double lives and just might show up at the same schools and festivals and jobs as white people. Now you've gone and blown their cover. Soon the entire country will know of this secret world.

Guess I'll have to get a twitter account and watch more TV so I can keep educated on this foreign culture.
Ugh. You see you ask, I try I give you a sincere answer starting with light stuff like entertainment and media, and I get back a snotty response. If you didn't want an answer why did you ask? Geesh.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:00 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Whats the difference in black culture and white culture? Where I am from black and white live in the same neighborhoods, work at the same companies, go to the same schools, community activities, festivals, concerts, play the same sports, shop at the same stores, eat the same food, celebrate the same holidays.
So educate me.
Black American culture is built around specific traditions that have historic significance to black Americans.

I'm sure that where you live, if there is a decent sized black populations there are differences. You do not know about it or notice it because you are not black.

Another poster mentioned even movie stars that are popular with black Americans that most white Americans know nothing about. There are specific movies that most black Americans, no matter what area of the country they are from, those movies are super popular with us and many of us know them word for word. There are different ways that blacks play sports versus whites in regards to the way we approach them and the bravado espoused. There are stores that are more popular for blacks than whites. There are vastly different ways that blacks celebrate holidays that differ from whites. This is one of my favorite memes about black Thanksgiving lol:

Old 05-09-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Whats the difference in black culture and white culture? Where I am from black and white live in the same neighborhoods, work at the same companies, go to the same schools, community activities, festivals, concerts, play the same sports, shop at the same stores, eat the same food, celebrate the same holidays.
So educate me.
you're funny. I'll remember this post during the next "look at this crime a black person committed thread". Somehow the people are experts on "black culture" then, but you're playing stupid now.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:09 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Again if whites held their own white only graduation we all know there would be hell to pay.
Whites aren't a protected class of people so that wouldn't apply. I'm sure there were quite a few people there had white gfs, bfs, or one of their White parents in the case of mixed race students.

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
I can't believe that anyone thinks this is alright.

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
I wasnt aware black people led double lives and just might show up at the same schools and festivals and jobs as white people. Now you've gone and blown their cover. Soon the entire country will know of this secret world.

Guess I'll have to get a twitter account and watch more TV so I can keep educated on this foreign culture.

LOL, you think just because you work with someone that they are the same as you are culturally in every way??

LOl at that.

I don't have a twitter account and I know about black American culture because I was raised black. You were not so you don't know about it.

It is an American culture, so is not foreign and is similar to how different whites who are descendants of certain ethnic groups still retain cultural practices and traditions.

Italians come to mind and in my are the Polish and Hungarians still have a lot of their cultural traditions.

Most black American cultural traditions centers on family, faith/church, community activism/volunteerism and educational traditions.

The poster who responded to you also mentioned black cultural traditions, including our fraternities and sororities (the "Divine Nine"). These organizations are vastly different from majority white fraternities/sororities in college. Black people remain members for life for the most part and are actively involved in events and activities of those organizations.

He also mentioned general past-times that are popular with black America like spades and bid whist tournaments. These were the centers of my parent's lives when I was a kid, we had weekly "card parties." My white friends who were my neighbors weren't even familiar with this sort of thing within black America. So there are things we do that you don't know anything about. We always have had to work with/around whites but just because we see you doesn't mean we don't have our cultural traditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies