Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 05:21 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times

Advertisements

Paul Waldman: The Trump administration is already on its way to a new ethical low | The Salt Lake Tribune

This is going to be the most rapacious presidency in history
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 06:48 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Robber barons and serfs. That's the game. Always has been.

The keys to the kingdom have been handed over to the robber barons.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:52 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Just what we needed, the 20th thread about this.

This is already a settled issue.

And, you lost, get over it.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:00 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Yep, the Robber Barons are back.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
While the Corproliberal Clinton Cabal may have lost this Presidency that has nothing to do with a president following the ethical standards of the society as well as the anti-corruption laws. Despite what he, and his followers, may believe, the President is not outside or above the Law.

I think The Donald is reluctant to place his business holdings in a Blind Trust because the Trustee will learn the reality of the near bankruptcy of The Donald's financial house of cards and make that information available to the Donald's investors.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:10 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Just what we needed, the 20th thread about this.

This is already a settled issue.

And, you lost, get over it.
Poor, poor widdle Donny

He fights to place himself on the world's biggest public stage and doesn't want people looking at him

Poor, poor widdle Doony

Old 12-23-2016, 08:25 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Poor, poor widdle Donny

He fights to place himself on the world's biggest public stage and doesn't want people looking at him

Poor, poor widdle Doony
Exactly. What that poster means when he cries, "You Lost! Get over it!" is really, "Go away and leave poor Donald alone! It's not fair that you are scrutinizing the next leader of the free world's every move like that! He won! Anyone who didn't support him has no right to criticize him!" (Oh, if only that had been true for the last eight years...)

These delicate flowers are in for a bumpy ride.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:34 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
"Such an arrangement could allow Trump or his family members to reap some of the legal benefits of a blind trust, but could also give them some insight into how the Trump businesses are faring while also allowing Trump and his family to continue to make money from those investments."

It sounds a lot like what Trump has proposed before — letting his kids run the business for him (yes, the kids who just got caught trying to sell access to themselves and their father) while Trump still reaps the financial benefit,
I think every day is going to be a new low with this administration.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Bush is looking better and better when compared to these grifters.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think every day is going to be a new low with this administration.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Bush is looking better and better when compared to these grifters.
I can't excuse the two wars he ineptly and his cabinet pertly led us into...nor the billions of $$ wasted over there on projects that were designed to enrich some favored interest...
Bush, himself, is not the greedy raw need that Trump is because Bush was raised by a parents who HAD made it and didn't need to keep trying to gain approval from the "in" crowd...
Look at their colleges...
Trump a pedestrian alma mater, Bush top drawer university and top frat---even though neither is a brainiac...

Trump's incessant pandering to the Twitter fans is just prime example of an unquenchable thirst for approval/reaction....
I don't think, now that Trump has won the presidency, that he can give it up in 4 (please, God) or 8 ---
He may engineer a new status....and never leave voluntarily...

Old 12-23-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Exactly. What that poster means when he cries, "You Lost! Get over it!" is really, "Go away and leave poor Donald alone! It's not fair that you are scrutinizing the next leader of the free world's every move like that! He won! Anyone who didn't support him has no right to criticize him!" (Oh, if only that had been true for the last eight years...)

These delicate flowers are in for a bumpy ride.
Yes...I just don't think the GOP has the stomach for trying to unravel the ball of string that Trump and his evasiveness about anything--his business interests, his real intent about any policy, his connection to Putin (which I bet is much more long-term and involved that either has or will ever admit)...
And I don't think the Dems do either....they are going to start worrying about 2018 pretty soon....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies