Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 09:21 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Movement on the Right: "If Liberals Hate Him, Then Trump Must Be Doing Something Right"

I don't hate him, he's not worth the energy, but I've thought him little but a con-man for 30+ years and he's done nothing to change that opinion.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:24 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You are usually rational even if I disagree with you. Not here. What is occurring now is little different than what happens every four years when the winners declare you should support our President.
No, it's not the same.

Perhaps my singling out Trump made what I said seem too "trendy liberal." Trump didn't invent this. It's been happening for a while. Ever since the end of WWII, the presidency has consumed more power, marking the decline of traditional American republicanism (lower case 'r.' No relation to the GOP), also known as the thing that made America great. We've been on that path and it's only at it's worse with Trump because it was the most recent. Absolutely 0 effort from anyone with any sort of capacity to do anything about it has lead us here.

I mean, everyone who runs tends to run on something similar to "make America great again." Bernie's 'revolution' was about making America competitive in social systems and Hillary's was... forgettable actually. But Obama's hope and change was about a brighter future for America. They all say the same thing. None of them ever once said "maybe those powers the presidency has but probably shouldn't should return to congress." Not one. Not to sound like I think I'm uber smart, but I'm pretty positive that if I went to twitter and said something to the effect of "Donald Trump is not my leader, he's my president," few would have any idea what the difference is. And if you want to make America great again, you should really want people to know that difference and absolutely nothing Trump (or any president before him really) has done or said seems to indicate that HE even knows the difference.

Like I said, I don't blame Trump for the mess we're in. But now he's in the game and he will either be remembered for beginning to clean up the mess or making it worse. And so far, it looks like it'll be the former.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies