Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 04:28 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times

Advertisements

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...=NYDailyNewsTw

I had heard yesterday that he declined the intelligence committee invite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 08:33 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Comey willing to testify before Intelligence Committee in public - NY Daily News

It's interesting that he will only do it in an open, public hearing. I wonder if he wants to be sure there will be no way for the administration to attempt to lie about what was said in a closed door hearing.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:37 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's interesting that he will only do it in an open, public hearing. I wonder if he wants to be sure there will be no way for the administration to attempt to lie about what was said in a closed door hearing.
Exactly. He doesn't want someone else editing or twisting his words. Smart move on his part.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:41 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
If it's not out in the open then what's the point?

Either way, Trump and his cult will lie about it, but at least if it's open, we'll have recorded proof of what is said, rather than having to get bits and pieces from senators.

It's much easier for the Trump cult to cast doubt on what happens if no one can back up reality with video.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:12 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
So much incompetency during his tenure, so many questions

Old 05-13-2017, 09:21 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Comey willing to testify before Intelligence Committee in public - NY Daily News

Look at that...Trump is right again. Comey is a showboat and a grandstander.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:22 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Comey will end up being Trumps' Albatross. Trump did not look at the ramifications of freeing Comey up from the secrecy he had to keep in his FBI position. Now, Comey is a citizen and free to talk about anything and everything he knows, and answer any questions put to him.

He is smart by wanting it in a public situation where his words can not be turned and he can speak directly to we Americans. Comey seems like a very even tempered man, but I bet this outrageous firing by Trump has him livid, and he is not afraid of any "tapes" Trump may or may not have. I bet Trump is shaking in his shoes and trying to figure out what to do next.

Can not wait to see Comey appear !

Old 05-13-2017, 09:31 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Comey will end up being Trumps' Albatross. Trump did not look at the ramifications of freeing Comey up from the secrecy he had to keep in his FBI position. Now, Comey is a citizen and free to talk about anything and everything he knows, and answer any questions put to him.

He is smart by wanting it in a public situation where his words can not be turned and he can speak directly to we Americans. Comey seems like a very even tempered man, but I bet this outrageous firing by Trump has him livid, and he is not afraid of any "tapes" Trump may or may not have. I bet Trump is shaking in his shoes and trying to figure out what to do next.

Can not wait to see Comey appear !
Comey still cannot reveal classified information. He wants an open forum to try to salvage his reputation on some things and not answer any questions about the important stuff like "Why were you covering for Hillary Clinton?".

Old 05-13-2017, 09:34 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So much incompetency during his tenure, so many questions

Well, he could always invite Donny to come along and answer some of those questions.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:42 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I wonder if Comey has his time in an open forum if he will go on and on about the crimes Trump committed then at the end of his rant will he do a 180 and say there is nothing to see here folks move along like he did for Hillary?

I think it was a real slap in the face to all FBI agents when Comey let Hillary off the hook after reeling her in.

How can we believe anything he says? He has proven that he plays sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies