Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 04:12 PM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Since the cons always deflect to Hillary, I will too, on this:
Hillary was investigated on Benghazi for YEARS by Congress.

The GOP claim against her remains TOTALLY UNSUBSTANTIATED.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They investigated her for years and found nothing to warrant charges. This investigation is months old and the right is already saying it's baseless. That is premature and insulting for those of us who want to know for sure.

The former head of NSA had concerns, there is obviously enough to continue the investigation. So let's let it play out and see where the facts take us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 04:20 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
I'm certain Trump didn't "collaborate" with the Russians based on actual testimony by those who would know and the lack of evidence by all the people who tried to find out if he was and found nothing, but the Press and hysterical Left are having a field day with the conspiracy theories because they don't care about truth and their candidate lost the election. Comey should have been fired in January. He wasn't. Trump ****ed up with that delay.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:33 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
I find all the denials by so many on the right fascinating. They quote clapper...then it turns out clapper never said that. Now they quote sanders.. "MAY turn out" and act like that is some guarantee that Trump didn't. They quote Trumps letter saying Comey told him 3 times he was not under investigation, and act like its gospel from the serial liar, etc etc etc.

Sander is being honest, it may turn out Trump did not. I personally think some of his aides did,but he didn't. I MAY be right. Or it could be that he is involved. So far there is lots of circumstantial evidence, and actions that scream for this to be investigated. And yet..thats been delayed and blocked over and over.

You folks on the right are as bad as some on the left who talk about how Trump is going down, along with pence, Ryan, and mcconnell. And that the FBI has them on tape blah blah blah. Folks, be rational. Somethings up, the question is incompetence, or bad actions?

Old 05-13-2017, 04:39 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
This week: "Russia Loves Trump" for the Libs and next week, Libs write: "Trump cuts his toenails in the White House Bathroom and leaves the clippings on the White House bathroom floor"...Oh, the outrage!.... As long as Trump is President, the Libs will create 43,000 more ridiculous threads here....for reasons to get rid of him.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:00 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This is how I feel. Those around him, Manafort, Flynn, Page ~ clearly are Russian fans and steeply immersed in Russia.

Perhaps Trump was just their useful idiot. Wouln't surprise me.

OTOH - there is nothing Trump wouldn't do to win. A little russian involvement wouldn't have bothered him one whit as long as it was helpful to his campaign.

He has no morals, scruples or principles.
LOL Substitute "Hillary" for "Trump" in this entire narrative, and you've nailed it.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:02 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,750,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crider View Post
Trump may have or may not have colluded Politically. That's the red herring. The real issue and his real problem is in participating in the Russian laundry.
Nobody cared when Obama interfered with Israel's elections, because it was perfectly fine when he did it.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. They investigated her for years and found nothing to warrant charges. This investigation is months old and the right is already saying it's baseless. That is premature and insulting for those of us who want to know for sure.

The former head of NSA had concerns, there is obviously enough to continue the investigation. So let's let it play out and see where the facts take us.
I say go ahead and investigate but can you at least tone it down a bit and stop sounding like a bunch of screaming me-me's... Geez, the man sneezes and the left freaks out and calls it proof.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:15 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Seriously if it comes out that there was confirmed to have no involvement, there should be a backlash at the media 10 fold.

It is absolutely ludicrous the circus environment that has come about due to this unsubstantiated claim.

It SHOULD BE unacceptable to the American public to be dissuade by media outlets.
Most of the damage is self inflicted. Why did they hide Flynn? 18 days after he was compromised, the tax firm after trying to apply the word minimal to 120 million dollars turns out Russia law firm of the year in 2016. If that was your law firm you would be looking to dissociate not make them write memos. The Comey craziness his staff running around building different narratives to prevent people from saying it's because of the trump Russia investigation, what does he do? His on tv and says he was thinking of the investigation and he decided to fire.him, come on literally the only thing he couldn't say. How is any of that not self.inflicted.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Most of the damage is self inflicted. Why did they hide Flynn? 18 days after he was compromised, the tax firm after trying to apply the word minimal to 120 million dollars turns out Russia law firm of the year in 2016. If that was your law firm you would be looking to dissociate not make them write memos. The Comey craziness his staff running around building different narratives to prevent people from saying it's because of the trump Russia investigation, what does he do? His on tv and says he was thinking of the investigation and he decided to fire.him, come on literally the only thing he couldn't say. How is any of that not self.inflicted.
Is the timing ever right for the left lol. With ever breath, they think there is a conspiracy.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:25 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I say go ahead and investigate but can you at least tone it down a bit and stop sounding like a bunch of screaming me-me's... Geez, the man sneezes and the left freaks out and calls it proof.
Trump has been a rather large reason for the focus with his constant statements on the investigation, if he could just keep quiet it would be beneficial for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies