Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 05:23 PM

61 posts, read 212,900 times

Advertisements

Alright been reading all the "Im moving threads" and "Whats it like here" threads so I thought I'd throw something in different.

So how many are Rush Limbaugh fans? How many are "closet" Limbaugh fans?

I started to listen to him about 2 yrs ago. The very first time I had turn on his show was about 3 yrs ago and I was like......... This guy is out there!!!!! Nothing but stuck on himself and an ego maniac!! Granted I only listened for about 10 mins and he was probably on one of his "Every square inch of my glorious naked body" kicks. Since then though I've been listening to him just about everyday for a couple of hrs. (All I have time for) You start to learn that he isn't an ego-maniac. Since listening to him I've started to listen to Sean Hannity and Micheal Savage also. Savage is a little more staunch than Rush or Sean, but still a good listen. Although I'm not sure he really likes anybody. lol

Anyways with me coming from a Blue state and moving to a Blue state just thought I'd ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 05:27 PM

148 posts, read 238,953 times
Only conservative liberal haters listen to them. You will also like Lars Larsen, a local nutjob. Welcome to Oregon!!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 05:37 PM

Now I never said I hated Libs, just don't see eye to eye with them on most things.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:39 PM

148 posts, read 238,953 times
FXRS: Where are you moving from?

Old 12-04-2006, 06:05 PM

Wi.

Use to love it here but with the winters lately it just sucks. All cold and hardly any snow anymore. Hell can't even get the sleds (snowmobiles) out now until end of Dec. if you are lucky. Snow just enough to make you shovel and thats it.

Big into atv'ing too. The house we looked and and like is in Falls City. (I started a post asking about the town) From what I gather we can pretty much leave the house and hit logging roads with running city streets a little with no problem.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:30 PM

180 posts, read 583,232 times
Hey I love Rush.. he is my favorite media... "junkie"!!!

(C'mon.. thats funny... admit it)

Old 12-04-2006, 07:58 PM

77 posts, read 464,620 times
I agree with what Al Franken said about him...I also agree with what FXRS said about winters in Wisconsin, doesn't snow anymore, and that sux worse than Lush Rimbaugh

Old 12-04-2006, 09:02 PM

180 posts, read 583,232 times
I have to admit when he started making fun of the looks of the (then 14 year old) Chelsea Clinton, I thought that was pretty gross...

Old 12-05-2006, 06:09 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,639 times
I'm a conservative.

I'm not a Republican at the moment...possibly not anymore.

Limbaugh is an ill informed windbag.

During the first Gulf War, he made much hoo-hah over the supposed hypocrisy of those who said they opposed the war but supported the troops. I cite another example of such a man. He was in the House of Representatives. His political enemies called him "Spotty" and implied he was a coward.

Want to see a picture of him? Take out a five dollar bill, he's on the front.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:54 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times
I listened to Limbaugh daily back in the early '90s. His views certainly don't reflect mine, but I always thought he was loads of fun. Very entertaining, even when he's wrong.

I've tried listening to him in recent years and couldn't get into the show. I think he suffers from taking himself too seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies