Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 03:49 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I used to think he was simply an egotistical idiot who had the hots for Putin because Putin "said nice things about me."

But now I think trump is an actual traitor.
Trump is an idiot. But I don't see how this is traitorous. He foolishly spilled information from someone on the inside of ISIS that didn't want us to share the info. Russia is also at war with ISIS.

Don't get me wrong, Trump was a fool to share info if the inside source said not to. It harms our intelligence gathering on ISIS. But he shared it with someone who not only wants ISIS destroyed, but hasn't armed ISIS.

In the old days the media would have helped the government keep this slip silent to not hurt the nation. Today the media lets everyone know.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-15-2017 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 05-15-2017, 03:50 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
This story will have huge ramifications around the globe. Our allies in intelligence, who we vitally need, aren't going to continue to share info with a blabbermouth. They won't give OUR intel the info we need, as they have to assume a County's intel community has to share it with that Country's leader.

This is where the rubber meets the road. Watch to see if someone in our intel community resigns rather than continue to work with an unhinged leader.
This puts the lives of American citizens at risk when allies refuse to share intel (due to big mouth Trump).

Our lives are at risk due to missed intel much much much more than the Muslim ban that Trump is trying to enact. Intel from allies have caught many pre-planned attacks to allow them to be stopped ahead of time. Maybe the ally won't share the next info, for fear of Trump blabbing and getting their spies killed.

Trump's incompetence is now putting our lives at risk. Every single American. This is where the rubber meets the road.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:52 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGonnaHappen View Post
I already said. The left,the Establishment and RINO's,Cuckservatives and Neo Cons only see Russia as an enemy. Patriotic Americans like me see that the cold war is LONG LONG over and the US and Russia can do very great things together. No wonder SO MANY are trying to stop it.

My, you sure have a long list of hateful names...Patriotic Americans..like you eh?
Well...I like to think I proved my patriotism on the battlefield..regardless of my political beliefs..perhaps you disagree..oh well.
You should take a close look at Putin..and really ask yourself if you want to get in bed with him. His goals are not even close to ours..you may think he's our ally...but...

Somehow..Just not going to happen!

Old 05-15-2017, 03:53 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,812,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This puts the lives of American citizens at risk when allies refuse to share intel (due to big mouth Trump).

Our lives are at risk due to missed intel much much much more than the dumb Muslim ban that Trump is trying to do. Intel from allies have caught many pre-planned attacks to allow them to be stopped ahead of time. Maybe the ally won't share the next info, for fear of Trump blabbing and getting their spies killed.

Trump's incompetence is now putting our lives at risk. Every single American. This is where the rubber meets the road.
It also makes people in other countries less willing to work with US intelligence. Why would anyone do that when the president can just open his mouth and get you killed.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:54 PM

313 posts, read 152,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wow. This is what America has fallen to. You don't care if a president sells out his country. If Obama or Bush or Clinton or any past president was pulling this, I would be saying the *exact* same thing. This isn't political for me whatsoever. There has to be a d*mn line.
How is sharing relevant information with an ally in the same war selling our country out? Its NOT!

Old 05-15-2017, 03:55 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Trump is an idiot. But I don't see how this is traitorous. He foolishly spilled information from someone on the inside of ISIS that didn't want us to share the info. Russia is also at war with ISIS.

Obama literally armed ISIS (and Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, etc), on many occasions. That isn't traitorous, just foolish, foolish like Trump.

Don't get me wrong, Trump was a fool to share info if the inside source said not to. It harms our intelligence gathering on ISIS. But he shared it with someone who not only wants ISIS destroyed, but hasn't armed ISIS.
We don't know WHY trump did this. Remember that whole Russian Influenced Our Election that the majority of Americans and elected officials believe to be true??

Was this trump's pay-back for Putin's help?? If it was, that's treason.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Russia might have spies that are on the side of Syria's ruler. Russia might tell Syria about the spy details that Trump blabbed and the ally spy might get killed. Or the spy might have to leave town quickly and then the itelligence is completely lost going forward after likely years of gaining trust to get into ISIS.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:57 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
How is sharing relevant information with an ally in the same war selling our country out? Its NOT!
Russia is not an ally, they're an adversary and have been so since at least WWII. And the revelation will clearly have a lot of negative consequences for the US, some of which have already been mentioned.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
We don't know WHY trump did this. Remember that whole Russian Influenced Our Election that the majority of Americans and elected officials believe to be true??

Was this trump's pay-back for Putin's help?? If it was, that's treason.

TrumPutin. Trump sees Putin and Russia as an ally. They are HIS ally. The problem is, they aren't America's ally.

Trump should be impeached for being unable to uphold the duties of the office of president or for Treason. At the very least, mentally incompetent. No wonder the Russians were laughing. They still cannot believe how dumb Trump is. And how dumb Americans were to vote him into office. It's so obvious and 'in your face' (this Trump Russia thing), that anyone that doesn't believe it is choosing to put their head into the sand.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:59 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
It wasn't his information to share. It came from an ally that had not given that information with the knowledge it would be passed to the Russians. Treating shared confidential information like that is a sure way lose the trust of allies and with that loss of trust, loss of vital information meant for us only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies