Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 06:29 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,043,295 times

Advertisements

The news is no longer the news. It's commentary loaded with snark and negativity. I don't watch, but occasionally have the TV on when a nightly news program starts, and my hands are busy with cooking or sewing or whatever, so I keep doing what I'm doing instead of reaching for the remote. If I were to believe the snippets I hear, I would think the country was descending into the chaos the babbling idiots (Holt, Muir, that other guy, whatever his name is) are always saying is churning "with this administration" or in "the current White House".

Woe is me and the sky is falling.I realize much of America (most) isn't smart enough to think for themselves; I'm just glad I'm not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 12:17 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,616,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I realize much of America (most) isn't smart enough to think for themselves; I'm just glad I'm not one of them.

The first part of this statement by you is very correct. I'll change the second part, so it is also factual: "I'm just sad that I have to be one of them".

Old 05-22-2017, 12:20 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,337,560 times
I don't watch TV.

It's so much easier that way. I recommend you try it. Put on a movie. Catch up on a good series. Read a book.

I get all my political news from the Internet. Much less annoying that way.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:28 PM

24,522 posts, read 33,379,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompromat View Post
Well, its Monday and you know what that means! Another week of unstoppable buffoonery from the Herr Trump and his minions. More leaks, more scandal and more paranoia from right nuts, while the rest of us get the popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show. I predict Spicer is done tho.
More like another week of the highly-biased media bashing Trump.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:04 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,783,021 times
Who watches NBC? Go with CNN. More reliable.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:15 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,129,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
That's a lie and you know it. They also try to become the news.
Nope, Trump makes the news constantly, here's a refresher:

1) Trump Fires Comey
2) Trump tells Lester Holt I did it with Russia on the mind
3) Trump welcomes Russian Foreign Minister and his goons into the Oval Office
4) Comey has memo's reflecting Trumps effort to impede FBI investigation

And that is all in, what, 4 or 5 days. This is a scandal ridden presidency with no end in sight. The end will come in the form of impeachment or an embarrassing resignation.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:16 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,460,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I've been a NBC nightly news viewer for many years. Even though I rarely agreed with their opinions, I like their broadcast style and Brian William's personality. Lester Holt is ok. But enough is enough. Every freaking night, their top story is about how sorry Trump is doing. Another Trump Bombshell blowout! Another Trump twitter disaster! The man has been criticized for everything from the way he eats steak to the color of the curtains in the White House.

The lack of journalist integrity has just reached a new extreme. What happened to reporting the facts? Last night was a prime example. Late breaking news! We now have a report that Trump supposedly ordered Comey to stand down on Flynn. Obstruction of justice! Wait, let's back up. Do we even have a copy of the memo? Nope, apparently, as long as it is anti-Trump news, hearsay will do just fine. Hey NBC, how about you get some evidence first before you accuse the President of a serious crime? And that was on top of the classified info story. We don't even know exactly that info was given to the Russians, but that's ok. Trump is already a traitor according to the NBC news.

I don't think I can stomach watching Lester Holt and Chuck Todd ever again. How can anyone trust these liberal news outlets who clearly have an agenda to destroy Trump? I had to go to this website to find out exactly what Trump has done. The guy has been busy. Of course, it is a positive action, I'll never heard about it on NBC.

President Trump: What the new White House has done so far - UPI.com
Say it ain't so. After 8 years of relentless negativity and birthism, right-nuts can't stand a little heat now that the orange one is in the WH.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,284,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The first part of this statement by you is very correct. I'll change the second part, so it is also factual: "I'm just sad that I have to be one of them".
LMAO

Cruel!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Say it ain't so. After 8 years of relentless negativity and birthism, right-nuts can't stand a little heat now that the orange one is in the WH.
Yep. All of a sudden, turnabout isn't fair play.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:42 PM

33,595 posts, read 18,229,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I've been a NBC nightly news viewer for many years. Even though I rarely agreed with their opinions, I like their broadcast style and Brian William's personality. Lester Holt is ok. But enough is enough. Every freaking night, their top story is about how sorry Trump is doing. Another Trump Bombshell blowout! Another Trump twitter disaster! The man has been criticized for everything from the way he eats steak to the color of the curtains in the White House.

The lack of journalist integrity has just reached a new extreme. What happened to reporting the facts? Last night was a prime example. Late breaking news! We now have a report that Trump supposedly ordered Comey to stand down on Flynn. Obstruction of justice! Wait, let's back up. Do we even have a copy of the memo? Nope, apparently, as long as it is anti-Trump news, hearsay will do just fine. Hey NBC, how about you get some evidence first before you accuse the President of a serious crime? And that was on top of the classified info story. We don't even know exactly that info was given to the Russians, but that's ok. Trump is already a traitor according to the NBC news.

I don't think I can stomach watching Lester Holt and Chuck Todd ever again. How can anyone trust these liberal news outlets who clearly have an agenda to destroy Trump? I had to go to this website to find out exactly what Trump has done. The guy has been busy. Of course, it is a positive action, I'll never heard about it on NBC.

President Trump: What the new White House has done so far - UPI.com
I hear the outrage too from my friends and family Many are sick of it and no longer watch the liberal news. The liberal networks are destroying their own credibility. Be happy, they will reap what they sow.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I hear the outrage too from my friends and family Many are sick of it and no longer watch the liberal news. The liberal networks are destroying their own credibility. Be happy, they will reap what they sow.
Apparently Fox is also the 'liberal news" according to your fellow Trumpies because they dare criticize Dear Leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies