Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 08:52 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Trump does not have the authority to fire Mueller. Just as Nixon did not have the authority to fire Cox. Trump would need Sessions to fire Mueller. But I'm not sure if that is possible considering he's been recused. Trump may need Rosenstein to fire Mueller.

In any scenario, I'm just happy that there's so much turmoil going on that the GOP and Trump can't get any damaging legislation through. This thing can drag on until the 2018 or 2020 elections for all I care.
You are right, Trump would have to work through AG Sessions (Rosenstein actually, since Sessions recused himself) to achieve the firing. But knowing the power that Trump has over his surrogates, we have to assume that's something that could happen.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
As we watch the Denver Broncos thump the Washington Redskins.

Dude?! LOL

I am totally fine with letting this process play out. Folks on both sides are so certain about whether Trump is guilty or not. I personally think he is, but I'm not sure about anything.

Yet folks on both sides are completely convinced they know the truth. As if they were in the room when Trump met with Comey or they were in Trump's campaign headquarters during the election.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:59 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If you are concerned about Russia buying our debt, you might want to support getting rid of illegals that costs us millions in support every year. They are the biggest threat to our country. They have been destroying us from within our borders for years. When people inside our country fly another country's flag, that ought to give a clue that they are against us.
I can chew gum and walk at that same time and I can care about more than one issue facing the country. And I'm wise enough to know you're just trying to deflect and derail this thread away from the clear and present danger Trump is bringing to our country.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:00 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Trump does not have the authority to fire Mueller. Just as Nixon did not have the authority to fire Cox. Trump would need Sessions to fire Mueller. But I'm not sure if that is possible considering he's been recused. Trump may need Rosenstein to fire Mueller.

In any scenario, I'm just happy that there's so much turmoil going on that the GOP and Trump can't get any damaging legislation through. This thing can drag on until the 2018 or 2020 elections for all I care.
Yes, only Rosenstein can fire Mueller. If Trump orders him to do so, he'll likely refuse and Trump will fire him.
GOP's in Congress think very highly of both Rosenstein and Mueller, so any action Trump takes against them would guarantee his loss of Congressional support. Not only would we have a lame-duck President but Congress would also be immobilized and the GOP would pay the price in 2018 and 2020.

I'll be very surprised if this investigation drags out for more than a few months. The WH staff is so demoralized and frightened that they'll be lawyering up and singing before long.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:03 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I can chew gum and walk at that same time and I can care about more than one issue facing the country. And I'm wise enough to know you're just trying to deflect and derail this thread away from the clear and present danger Trump is bringing to our country.
Trump is no danger to this country. Traitors are the danger. People trying to stop our laws from being enforced are the danger.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:05 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Dude?! LOL

I am totally fine with letting this process play out. Folks on both sides are so certain about whether Trump is guilty or not. I personally think he is, but I'm not sure about anything.

Yet folks on both sides are completely convinced they know the truth. As if they were in the room when Trump met with Comey or they were in Trump's campaign headquarters during the election.
I'm with you. Not jumping to any conclusions. Plus there are all levels of "guilt" here, which at worst could be open collusion between Trump and the Russians. On the other hand, he may have had knowledge of collusion between campaign staff and the Russians, or he may have had knowledge of the Russian hacking plan - still potentially impeachable offenses. It's possible he had NO knowledge of anything (which seems highly doubtful at this point) but that's what this investigation is going to tell us.

Mueller is well known to turn over every stone in his approach, and the idea that this is going to be completed in weeks or even months is a fantasy. It will likely take years.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:18 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
They bought 20% of a mining operation, cannot export any due to having no export license, and Clinton had NO veto power over the deal. Try learning the facts before posting what you imagine happened.
If that is true about the uranium, you are right. What about all the other things the Russians or their businesses got after donating to the CF or paying for Bill to make a speech?

Old 05-18-2017, 09:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We have cities in our country who are harboring criminals from Hispanic countries which is treason and nothing has been done about the governments of those cities. Seems to me like we are being concerned about the wrong people. That is why they are looking to get rid of Trump. He is doing what is right and what we elected him to do. The traitors are trying to stop him from doing what is right.

The president should be held to a higher standard, wouldn't you agree?

Old 05-18-2017, 09:21 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
They bought 20% of a mining operation, cannot export any due to having no export license, and Clinton had NO veto power over the deal. Try learning the facts before posting what you imagine happened.
BTW, did you read "Clinton Cash" and refute all the sources found in the footnotes? When you do, come back and tell us again that Hillary did not have veto power. If she didn't, then why was it necessary for the SOS to approve it?

Old 05-18-2017, 09:28 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Unfortunately, it's just cooked up Main Stream Media soap-opera drama.

It won't last far into the weekend.

Trump Administration rolls on!

Sorry snowflakies.

Mueller will fix things on both sides of the aisle.

This includes Trumped-up false Russian collusion charges, or the Lefties final hatrack.

Correct. If they reveal and prosecute the Trump Administration for any actual collusion with Russians in this past election, I'll scream Guilty and join you... As we watch the Denver Broncos thump the Washington Redskins.

If it goes the other way, I'll join you and let you root for my Broncos.

NC/SC border patrol, how funny.

Here's the deal. The dnc, and that includes Obama leftovers and a hugely compromised Intelligence Agency, have such big fat mouths ... Oh, speaking of big fat fingers...

..that they would have come out into the streets and to the media leaking and screaming with any evidence they had on the Trump Administration by now... 9 months and counting.

Where did this stupid Trump-Russia Collusion Story start in the very first place anyway?

Didn't it really get rolling when Trump tweeted something? I think that there were rumors before but I think one of his tweets made people dig a little deeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies