Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:28 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,642,026 times

Advertisements

Trump is mentally unstable, and this was apparent from the beginning. Face it. My comment for the original poster is thank you for your service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Obama didn't lead. He simply belched out whatever the teleprompter told him to. The lame stream media coddled him from day one.

He may have been a cool dude to have a beer with, but a leader he was not.
Why is your only defense of Trump an attack on Obama?

Old 05-19-2017, 10:33 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
You have some good points JimChi

I do like though that our fine Police Officers are not being gunned down as much, no thanks to Obama and a thanks to Trump.

And Illegal border crossing is way down.
Again, no thanks to Obama and a thank you to Trump.

Respect has to come in play there.
Obama deported more illegals than any other President.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:41 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Obama didn't lead. He simply belched out whatever the teleprompter told him to. The lame stream media coddled him from day one.

He may have been a cool dude to have a beer with, but a leader he was not.
This isn't about Obama. But he was a very good leader. His speeches were never about him. It was all about the country. Trumps speeches had to include his what he has done...which isn't much. You don't do a commencement speech at a college and tell them how no one likes you

Old 05-20-2017, 03:17 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
According to the U.S. Constitution, a president is delegated power to execute the laws enacted by Congress. He is not a “leader†but the highest ranking public servant. He does not make law, but should diligently enforce the law. In fact, the government is not the master, but the servant of the people.

If you expect anything else, this is the wrong form of government for you.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:05 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Sure he can still lead

Just follow him for a game of golf and get some exercise. That is leading.

Also all that those steps to climb to get on the airplane. You don't see him on a jetway.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:39 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Obama deported more illegals than any other President.
No he didn't.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:39 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
You obviously don't know the importance of strong leadership. I hated LBJ back then. I hated that I was stuck in a crappy jungle fighting for what I was told was American freedom. None of us believed that crap. But what we knew was we had a unified government that, hopefully, would make what we did meaningful.

When I got back, I was told to remove my uniform. I was told the hippies would paint me as a traitor. And not one politician stood up for us. But we persevered.

I hate what happened back then. I've done my best to forget it. But I've never lost sight that the greatest country on the planet is my country - the United States of America.

When I was over there and we entered the villages, women came up to us talking gibberish. They would throw themselves on us and at first we were amused. But I soon realized they were frightened and terrorized. The people who ran their villages were savages and they saw us as a ticket out.

Most Americans alive today haven't a clue what real war is. We send our boys and girls over to fight wars that Congress never sanctioned. They come back and we honor them by calling them heroes. And then we forget them. I hate that part about our country.

In order for our country to be strong, we need a strong leader. LBJ was a prick but he was tough. He was decisive. He was a leader.

Trump is a wimp. He has no idea how important it is for the president to take responsibility. All he does is blame everyone else. He will never be respected by those willing to die for their country.

If you want a strong military defending this country, we need a strong leader. Trump isn't it.
Thank You for your service!

I think every service member who has been in combat should get One Million in severance pay, we can afford it. Any billionaire who made their money because of the sacrifices of our military to maintain our democracy so they can flourish owes them.

Trump is no leader, I am so sick of people wearing suits, with their perfect hair running their mouth like they give a dam!

Old 05-20-2017, 04:43 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
You obviously don't know the importance of strong leadership. I hated LBJ back then. I hated that I was stuck in a crappy jungle fighting for what I was told was American freedom. None of us believed that crap. But what we knew was we had a unified government that, hopefully, would make what we did meaningful.

When I got back, I was told to remove my uniform. I was told the hippies would paint me as a traitor. And not one politician stood up for us. But we persevered.

I hate what happened back then. I've done my best to forget it. But I've never lost sight that the greatest country on the planet is my country - the United States of America.

When I was over there and we entered the villages, women came up to us talking gibberish. They would throw themselves on us and at first we were amused. But I soon realized they were frightened and terrorized. The people who ran their villages were savages and they saw us as a ticket out.

Most Americans alive today haven't a clue what real war is. We send our boys and girls over to fight wars that Congress never sanctioned. They come back and we honor them by calling them heroes. And then we forget them. I hate that part about our country.

In order for our country to be strong, we need a strong leader. LBJ was a prick but he was tough. He was decisive. He was a leader.

Trump is a wimp. He has no idea how important it is for the president to take responsibility. All he does is blame everyone else. He will never be respected by those willing to die for their country.

If you want a strong military defending this country, we need a strong leader. Trump isn't it.

With all due respect for the sacrifices you made in serving, LbJ was not a decisive leader nor was the government unified. LbJ was a deeply conflicted man and admitted it himself that he made a mess of Vietnam. He repeatedly lied to the American people about what was happening over there. He personally wrestled with every tactical move rather than give the generals the authority to defeat the enemy. The Congress was constantly at odds with LBJ and his cabinet were holdovers from JFK who were not cooperative with LBJ, especially Robert Kennedy.

I'd strongly recommend you read up on it. There is plenty of documentation available. Google "LBJ and the Vietnam War" if nothing else. It would be a shame for you to continue with your misunderstanding.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
The Trump is a billionaire living in golden palaces=Inside Donald and Melania Trump's Manhattan Apartment Mansion | iDesignArch | Interior Design, Architecture & Interior Decorating eMagazine
He hasnt a clue what normal people have to go through to survive yet he continually tells us he is going to make America great again?, yeah for him and his billionaire class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies