Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 06:39 AM

57,360 posts, read 26,276,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Robert Byrd said that what he did indeed rose to the level of impeachment but that he wouldn't vote for it.

Good. I think all politicians that lie under oath or anyone else for that matter should be charged.
Well maybe it's time to put Trump under oath, if Clinton could be questioned regarding his sex life I think that Trump should be required to testify about any Russian connections, slightly more serious charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 06:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Politicians say a lot of things, firing an FBI director is historical and should be based on sound reasoning and specific facts.
He didn't do his job.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Well maybe it's time to put Trump under oath, if Clinton could be questioned regarding his sex life I think that Trump should be required to testify about any Russian connections, slightly more serious charge.
Clinton was being sued for sexual harassment. Put Trump under oath for all I care. I think there is a reason why he hasn't been.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:50 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,787,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Alan Dershowitz, a Harvard Professor, and Hillary voter, explains why Trump hasn't broken any laws.

I know those of you that want Trump impeached don't want to hear this, but you should really educate yourself, and listen to what the professor has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7WnauFiafY
Alan said the same on every channel and when in the past it was pro Hillary the mainstream/lame stream media believed him. Now of course they don't believe him!

Old 05-21-2017, 07:16 AM

16,760 posts, read 8,228,532 times
When POTUS tries as hard as he is by firing the people in charge of the investigation, their is something POTUS is trying to hide.

Russian collusion is one area. Russian money laundering is another area. Cabinet and staff collusion and money laundering is another.

Now when the Special counsel gets involved, lets see how long the POTUS allows it. If he tries to control the investigation open the constitution.
Back to the op, the lawyer is talking with no back ground information. Its something he has been doing for a long time.

Last edited by Boss; 05-21-2017 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: cleanup

Old 05-21-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
He didn't do his job.
You could fire pretty much half of the Trump administration using that as a guide.

Quote:
Clinton was being sued for sexual harassment. Put Trump under oath for all I care. I think there is a reason why he hasn't been.

Clinton was put under oath because of claims that he lied about an affair, I would say questions regarding Trump are probably more deserving than someone's sex life and deserving of a statement under oath. It would be nice to hear the truth from him. Russians hacking into our election process vs Monica Lewinsky, seems like Russian connections should be more important.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:25 AM

Quote:
You could fire pretty much half of the Trump administration using that as a guide.
O.K. by me.

Quote:
Clinton was put under oath because of claims that he lied about an affair, I would say questions regarding Trump are probably more deserving than someone's sex life and deserving of a statement under oath. It would be nice to hear the truth from him. Russians hacking into our election process vs Monica Lewinsky, seems like Russian connections should be more important.
The lawsuit wasn't about Monica Lewinsky.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
O.K. by me.

The lawsuit wasn't about Monica Lewinsky.
He was impeached for perjury and obstruction regarding his testimony about Monica Lewinsky.

If that is the standard for impeachment then we need to immediately subpoena Trump to testify to get him on record rather than on Twitter.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Alan Dershowitz, a Harvard Professor, and Hillary voter, explains why Trump hasn't broken any laws.

I know those of you that want Trump impeached don't want to hear this, but you should really educate yourself, and listen to what the professor has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7WnauFiafY
Since when do conservatives respect the opinions of someone in academics.....oh when they are on Tucker Carlson's entertainment show and support their ideology.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
He was impeached for perjury and obstruction regarding his testimony about Monica Lewinsky.

If that is the standard for impeachment then we need to immediately subpoena Trump to testify to get him on record rather than on Twitter.
Go ahead. There is a reason he hasn't been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies