Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 08:43 AM

14,221 posts, read 7,006,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
Why not ? Some lazy fat-arse liberals might have to get a job and give up their daily seances at Starbucks ?

How much money do you think the government would save if say 2% of the social program benefits were recovered as fraudulent ? How much money do you think the federal government would save if they cut all benefits to illegal aliens ? Could that recovered money then be redistributed to those who REALLY need it ?
The proposals are not more resources for policing. I am PERFECTLY fine with more policing to catch fraud. But that is not what the ruling donor class who run the government wants. They want DEEP cuts in the public safety nets for the 99% in order to fund massive tax breaks and other gifts to themselves. This is what we are discussing here. $800 billion in cuts to Medicaid alone is a death sentence for huge numbers of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 08:43 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,543,214 times
Until the whole budget proposal comes out and what it all entails(explained), I cannot comment on what is in there.

I do hope some are cut, the right ones.

I think most hard working families would like to see less taxes taken out of their checks.
Then they can work a little less and spend time with their family instead of supporting baby mamas and baby daddies.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:44 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,669,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Billionaire Trump. No other Politicians or Billionaires huh. Only Trump. Who makes the f'ing laws, CONGRESS. Who pays CONGRESS, we do and Lobbyists.. Why do you think our tax laws are written the way they are. Because those people write them and send them to the POTUS. Have any been sent there. so far. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Trump and every other producing citizen wants lower taxes. Dont you. Do you not fill out your taxes and try to get as many deductions as possible. Hypocrite.. Nothing but a liberal Hypocrite.. Give me free college, free cell phone, blah blah blah.. But when a POTUS speaks of reducing taxes to reduce your liability to the governments bloated programs, you cry foul. Grow up..
I want everyone to have tax relief, but Trumps tax cuts don't do that.

Trumps tax cuts will increase low income workers after-tax income by 0.8%.
And they will increase middle class Americans after-tax income by 1.5%.

But the richest 1% of Americans will get a 13.5% increase in after-tax income.
And the richest 0.1% of Americans will get a 14.2% increase in after-tax income.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetno.../#fa29a7c65b9d

Do you believe a 0.8% or 1.5% increase in after-tax income will noticeably help low income workers and middle class Americans? (I don't think so.) But a 13.5% and 14.2% increase in after-tax income like the richest 1% will get is a noticeable increase in income.

Why not give low income workers and the middle class noticeable tax cuts that will actually improve their lives instead of giving billionaires tax cuts (when the billionaires don't even need the money.)

And the stupidest thing is when regular Americans get more money they spend more money, and when they spend extra money buying things like computers and cars those purchases give more money to businesses owned by billionaires like Bill Gates and the Koch brothers.

But republican tax policy is not about fairness or stimulating the economy, rather its about giving greedy and un-honorable billionaires like the Koch brothers tax cuts and more money (when they already have more money than they will ever be able to spend.)

Last edited by chad3; 05-22-2017 at 08:56 AM..

Old 05-22-2017, 08:45 AM

589 posts, read 382,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The proposals are not more resources for policing. I am PERFECTLY fine with more policing to catch fraud. But that is not what the ruling donor class who run the government wants. They want DEEP cuts in the public safety nets for the 99% in order to fund massive tax breaks and other gifts to themselves. This is what we are discussing here. $800 billion in cuts to Medicaid alone is a death sentence for huge numbers of people.
Why don't you go out and improve yourself ? Maybe you can be one of the ruling donor class after your brainwashing is reversed. Done with your lunacy.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:47 AM

4,808 posts, read 3,533,245 times
Quote:
If you got blind and paralyzed as a child and had to survive on $700 a month as an adult you would sing another tune. There are long waiting lists for public housing, often many, many years. And its often of terrible quality. You really dont know what you are talking about when you think that now is the time to launch vicious attacks against the people in need.
Really dont give a flying hoot. I have a daughter on the dole. An autistic niece and autistic nephew and sevaral relatives on the gvernment dole in Cali. They all get more than 700. Free medical, free medicine, food, etc etc. Stop your bitching and get off the internet and go get a job to support your citizens, and ask the government to take an extra 20% of your pay for the bilnd kid. Do it. You wont, because you dont have a job , you are in your mommas basement and your mac n cheese says great value on it.

20,160 posts, read 12,844,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What makes you think the truly disabled are going to be cut off? Did I miss that part in the proposal that hasn't been released yet?

Yes I know and know of a few people on disability. Due to "oh my back hurts, I cant work", "I have a nervous condition, I cant work", "I have an addiction, I cant work", "I have a disabled (ADHD) child, I need a check". And I actually know a few older people who are legitimately disabled (they are not starving or homeless).

I have no reason to believe these people who actually cant work and need assistance are going to be cut from federal monies. The others, they can get a job. I have carpel tunnel, sciatica, my back hurts, my knee swells, I'm hurting like a mofo right now. I go to work everyday. Meanwhile many of those getting their monthly check, food stamps and housing assistance are hitting up the food banks and give a ways before going out to the river or golf course today. No wait, they arent up out of bed yet. So why should I give them some more of my paycheck or volunteer my time after work while they have been doing what all day.
Exactly. I've read other forum that some people claim they have high blood pressure and can't find health insurance because it's a preexisting condition, all my immediate family members have high blood pressure and they all have to go to work. Many people find excuses to not work.

6,354 posts, read 3,669,699 times
Quote:
$800 billion in cuts to Medicaid alone is a death sentence for huge numbers of people.
^^ Its a real life death sentence ^^

$800 billion in cuts to Medicaid will literally kill people from loss of medical services.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:53 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,143,264 times
Ah yes, because nothing says "good conservative christian values" like cutting assistance to the poor.

I'm sure Jesus would be so proud of you.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:57 AM

589 posts, read 382,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Really dont give a flying hoot. I have a daughter on the dole. An autistic niece and autistic nephew and sevaral relatives on the gvernment dole in Cali. They all get more than 700. Free medical, free medicine, food, etc etc. Stop your bitching and get off the internet and go get a job to support your citizens, and ask the government to take an extra 20% of your pay for the bilnd kid. Do it. You wont, because you dont have a job , you are in your mommas basement and your mac n cheese says great value on it.
Describes a lot of liberals even down to the mac-n-cheese.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:00 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,914,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Of course, because it's all about you.

And what about those who DO work and still can't eat? Since you oppose a living wage and all... Or those who can't get jobs because of automation taking over in certain industries?

Conservatives are basically fundamentally selfish people who can't empathize with the plight of anyone different from themselves.

Nobody is stopping you folks from going out and helping the poor. I bet, if you were to round up all of your elitist rich government, business and Hollywood progressives, you guys could probably take care of the poor.

So put your money where your mouth is, since you care so much?

But.. but.. but...

Yeah, thought so... run along!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies