Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what do you Think?
I voted for Trump and I don't like him meeting Pope Francis 5 14.71%
I voted for Trump and I don't care him meeting Pope Francis 12 35.29%
I voted for Trump and I like him meeting Pope Francis 15 44.12%
I voted for Trump and I feel betrayed for him meeting Pope Francis 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 06:43 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times

Advertisements

What should we care if the Pope want to lower his standards that much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 11:49 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,067,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
Tell that to the families who family members been blown up, killed by illegal immigrants. If the pope was in charge of America today he would be worse than Hillary. There would be great purged and the demographics would change drastically, while 90 percent of law enforcement wouldn't be able to make it home alive to see their families.

When the Orlando shooting investigation went on Hillary Clinton said gun control ( no such thing) when you let thugs control the streets. Trump was the only one who called out the slime. The shooters wife fled to a santuary city. AND you Believe HILLARY are for gays????

Mexicans- if you listen to the friggin whole speech about he visited the border about whose coming in. If your educated in gangs you see that.
Did Hillary Clinton or Obama reached out to the families who were killed by illegals?

Muslims- in Muslims countries it's a completely different culture. HE only wants the good ones who will not threaten our culture. We have killed thousands and thousands of innocent muslims families for oil. They don't agree with our way of life. Back before 9/11 we had muslims here in America but they integrated.
The Clintons have a history of destabilizing the middle east killing muslims.

If you notice the past 8 years Obama mention the Christian Crusades who killed Muslims and then you see an increase of muslims in America.

Educate yourself on Isis on how they migrate
America does not kill Muslims
America has sent troops to protect Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina
America did not kill one Muslim for oil
Oil is a commodity discovered by the West, a human resource
But Islamic wars are the cause
If you know history
Who attacked Spain
They are Muslims
America defends the interests of its people
But they are not fighting for God
Muslims fight for God
I think the opposite facts
Is not good logic to get to the truth

Old 05-25-2017, 12:17 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I never said DT's unkind comments are okay but almost all of them are in the context of defending himself, his family, his company, his supporters, and a huge number are just jokes. The Pope made unkind comments when he didn't have to do so, it was an attack on DT and his supporters and anyone that disagreed with him and had nothing to do with religion, just his personal beliefs. The Pope's comment about the Great Wall of Trump is hilarious since the Pope lives in a walled city.
I think what the pope pointed out in his criticism is that Trump and the people who defend him cannot credibly call themselves Christians. You can attack the messenger, but the message still stands.

Trump and the pope...boy is that like a mixing of oil and water...

Old 05-25-2017, 03:20 AM

30,394 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I think what the pope pointed out in his criticism is that Trump and the people who defend him cannot credibly call themselves Christians. You can attack the messenger, but the message still stands.

Trump and the pope...boy is that like a mixing of oil and water...
If he said that, he would be dead wrong and could not credibly call himself a Christian. Jesus said not even He can judge others so if the Pope thinks he can, he would directly contradict Jesus.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:50 AM

421 posts, read 288,330 times
Quote:
If he said that, he would be dead wrong and could not credibly call himself a Christian. Jesus said not even He can judge others so if the Pope thinks he can, he would directly contradict Jesus.
As with most trump followers you need to educate yourself on the subject before you participate,it would help in lending credibility to your discussion as where there is none now.Maybe trump supporters should practice what they preach?

'Who am I to judge?': The pope's most powerful phrase in 2013 - NBC News

Pope Francis explains 'who am I to judge' in his new book :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

Old 05-25-2017, 06:39 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
The photos are dreadful. Trump is grinning like a goofball while the Pope looks somewhat more somber. Melania looks like she's dressed up as a Spanish widow.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23popetrump&src=tyah

Old 05-25-2017, 06:53 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Why do people give you presents they like instead of ones the recipient would like? Who in their right mind would give Trump a climate change anything? No critical commentary on that poor choice of a gift? It's like me telling my husband the only flowers I don't like are lilacs (they smell like cat ****) and him coming home with a bouquet of them. At least the MLK gift to the pope is based on something the pope has said positively about MLK.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
As with most trump followers you need to educate yourself on the subject before you participate,it would help in lending credibility to your discussion as where there is none now.Maybe trump supporters should practice what they preach?

'Who am I to judge?': The pope's most powerful phrase in 2013 - NBC News

Pope Francis explains 'who am I to judge' in his new book :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)
You directly contradict your last post. I wish liberals had functioning brain cells.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:48 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
You right wingers have twisted Jesus into something unrecognizable in the Bible. And nothing in Trump's behavior would suggest that he takes any biblical moral / ethical teachings seriously.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You right wingers have twisted Jesus into something unrecognizable in the Bible. And nothing in Trump's behavior would suggest that he takes any biblical moral / ethical teachings seriously.
And your behavior suggest you take nothing serious in the Bible which is your right and all liberals ignore all of the Bible and have no legitimacy to lecture anyone about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies