Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In general, do you believe hate speech should be banned in the United States?
Yes, hate speech should be banned (made illegal) 2 5.26%
No, hate speech should not be banned 36 94.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 07:19 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
LOL.. Just when did Bernie subboran anything close to "Nationalistic" ala KKK or any other aberrant Society Alt-Right Types espoused Cr@p?

Guess, you're just a part of those duly noted as lesser educated one's who somehow don't know the difference.. Show your "R" or SHOW you "D".. wowza.. voila.. you can take a stand..

Doesn't take rocket scientist to see that R or D..!! IF, what's been going on for past years+... One may wish to believe it's just a outlier ( It's always been their..NOW TRUMP gave you all GREEN LIGHT to demonstrate!! ).. BUT since Trump.. threw out PC ( Political Correctness) ... Such folks feel embolden to do whatever they think/feel and has wanted to do for years+++

I don't how you could connect Bernie to such hate filled types to Bernie.... OHHHH I get it.. Paint Bernie as a HATER... Propaganda 101 course suggests such an accusation... I get it.. BTW~~ BOT'S follow such protocol! But would be sadden IF you are actually an American Citizen!!
It's because the murderer was a Bernie Sanders fan and posted about him quite a bit on his Twitter. He swung way far the other way too and said he supported Trump. He was kicked out of Trump events due to his violent rhetoric. Apparently, he has a history in Portland of acting irrationally based on news reports I read but some here want to make it seem like this was a result of political rhetoric or try to compare it to those with clear political motivations to create terror. I do not think either fits in this case.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:22 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
It's because the murderer was a Bernie Sanders fan and posted about him quite a bit on his Twitter. He swung way far the other way too and said he supported Trump. He was kicked out of Trump events due to his violent rhetoric. Apparently, he has a history in Portland of acting irrationally based on news reports I read but some here want to make it seem like this was a result of political rhetoric or try to compare it to those with clear political motivations to create terror. I do not think either fits in this case.
I agree. He sounds to me like he is just plain nuts, and anything at all might set him off.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Was the guy physically attacked? Was he merely defending himself?
Really?? That's what you're going to go with?? A person who was actually acting in self defense wouldn't have these kinds of outbursts in court nor try and run after what he did. There is nothing to suggest based on this guy's words or actions that self defense would apply.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:23 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompromat View Post
We need to ban white terrorists from entering this country, its getting out of hand
Bwahahahaha!!

Old 05-30-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I agree. He sounds to me like he is just plain nuts, and anything at all might set him off.
People like this, manic and acting psychotic can be set off by the smallest things. So yes, my initial read on this after getting a bit more information on this guy is he was nuts.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:25 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Really?? That's what you're going to go with?? A person who was actually acting in self defense wouldn't have these kinds of outbursts in court nor try and run after what he did. There is nothing to suggest based on this guy's words or actions that self defense would apply.
Ignore the brainless.

The guy had a criminal record and has been a part of a white supremacist group for over 8 years.

He's crazy, he's racist, he's a murderer. He's going to jail for 50 years

Old 05-30-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Ignore the brainless.

The guy had a criminal record and has been a part of a white supremacist group for over 8 years.

He's crazy, he's racist, he's a murderer. He's going to jail for 50 years
I feel like 50 years is too little.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompromat View Post
Not enough, this a perfect example of a need for death penalty.
Watch what he's charged with. If the charges include 'aggravated murder', that means the prosecution is going for it.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What does "free speech or die" have to do eith him stabbing two people to death?!

Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

The 3 people that got stabbed, thought they were going to step up and physically stop "hate speech"

Hate speech, is free speech and protected by the 1st amendment and this guy was able to defend himself from his attackers.
Why were the targets of his verbal aggression, not harmed physically in any way? There was no knife at their throats.(they didn't try to physically stop him from ranting and it was not his knife)

Stupid is not unconstitutional.

It is sad 2 people had to die and a third wounded, trying to stop a man from speaking his mind.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Give him his second choice and problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies