Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In general, do you believe hate speech should be banned in the United States?
Yes, hate speech should be banned (made illegal) 2 5.26%
No, hate speech should not be banned 36 94.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 07:52 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I feel like there's some insinuation in your question that's somewhat distasteful. He wasn't talking to them. He was, by all accounts, unhinged and screaming at these girls and from what I understand following them as they tried to move away. If I were to guess, these men thought they were stopping an imminent attack. But if he wants to plead self-defense in court, he has the right to do so although outbursts like he had already are likely to harm any such defense if they continue (and they will much like Dylann Roof showed his true colors in his trial).
I was not implying that they attacked. But I thought that the men who were killed tried to intervene verbally. But if they physically intervened, then I do think that changes things.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:53 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
He was not defending himself, he murdered two people, hospitalized a third, and traumatized more. He should be taken out and slowly strangled, that is my opinion on him protecting his free speech.
How do you know he wasn't defending himself? All we have heard reported is that he is racist and an islamaphobia who killed two people. Racists get attacked in certain parts of the Nation so it's not a leap to think maybe the good Samaritans were some righteous antifa people who have had enough of Trump's America and took a stand. Physically.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:53 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
3 guys tried to stop his "hate speech" with a physical altercation, or the original prey of his verbal assault would have been first taken out.(it wasn't his knife)

The brave citizens that gave their lives to physically stop "hate speech"... God Bless them.

Free speech or die, makes perfect sense.
It is outlined like that in the Bill of Rights. The amendments are arranged in rank of importance.
Whose knife was it?

Old 05-30-2017, 07:55 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I was not implying that they attacked. But I thought that the men who were killed tried to intervene verbally. But if they physically intervened, then I do think that changes things.
I don't think we have quite enough information as the story has gone through the news bias filter. And I did the same. Let me say that was my own personal thought that perhaps they thought he was about to attack the girls. That hasn't been reported or is a fact in any way. That was my own personal opinion injected in there.

But the guy did follow the girls to continue his tirade when they tried to get away from him (actual fact ). I feel like this was pretty aggressive behavior.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:02 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kompromat View Post
We need to ban white terrorists from entering this country, its getting out of hand
Especially when they killing white people.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:05 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I agree. He sounds to me like he is just plain nuts, and anything at all might set him off.
Oh, no .This goes far beyond "plain nuts". We're not talking about a guy whose cheese just happened to slip off his cracker. We're talking about a guy whose cheese packed it's bags and fled the country

Old 05-30-2017, 08:05 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And he was right. Until he stabbed someone.

Hope the guy gets the book thrown at him. Gross.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:06 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Isn't it funny how the usual pro-Trump posters are defending this guy Jeremy Christian? And yet they expect us to believe that they are not racist. Meanwhile, if a Muslim guy stabbed 3 White people you can bet that these same posters would have made a million posts about radical Islam, Muslims need to be deported, ban Islam, etc, etc. Yet here they are making lameo excuses like "how do you know he wasn't defending himself?" or "How dare they (the stabbed victims) stop him from speaking his mind!". Get a bleeping grip already

This forum is truly turning into Stormfront-lite

Old 05-30-2017, 08:06 PM

158 posts, read 107,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
[url=http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/portland-stabbing-suspect-yells-free-speech-or-die-first-court-n766416?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma]Portland Stabbing Suspect Yells 'Free Speech or Die' in Court Appearance - NBC News[/url]

Sounds like some of the comments I read here...
Whack Job liberal will probably be found mentally unstable and won't stand trial.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:07 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
He is welcome to all the free speech he wants. He is also welcome to a beat down every day until someone hopefully welcomes him to hell after a needle is inserted.

I am not really a torture person, but there are times I think someone like this should get chained to a table and visited nightly by the family of the people he murdered. He spews hate because his malfunctioning brain can't come up with any other reason that he has failed in life aqnd because of this, he has killed to valuable members of society.

Remove him from earth ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies