Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 09:20 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,856 times

Advertisements

We all know Donald J. Trump won't last all four years. Its pretty obvious to anyone paying attention.

Will his supporters react to his impeachment in a similar way as the women's march or the Tea party movement? Will there be rioting? Or will is supporters just accept it?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:24 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,100,123 times
Doesn't matter, Clinton taught us impeachment doesn't mean a thing.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:24 PM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
We'll be celebrating the new Republican president, of course.
Why? What were you doing on Nov 9, 2016?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
We all know Donald J. Trump won't last all four years. Its pretty obvious to anyone paying attention.

Will his supporters react to his impeachment in a similar way as the women's march or the Tea party movement? Will there be rioting? Or will is supporters just accept it?
First off, while I await the day if warranted, I would have to remind you that the Cons (Republicans) would be the ones to impeach him, not the Dems, they do not have that power. It is more like what would his diehard supporters do, most would stop their feet and whine about it. It is the extremists that one must be concerned with, they can and may very well act out and while they are a minority they can cause enough havoc that it could draw the rest of the Nation into a major conflict, no one in their right mind would want that. Think about it, the Civil War fought over a 100 years ago resulted in more American deaths that all the other wars this Nation has fought in Combined, in todays world of high capacity fire arms and numerous ways we have invented to kill each other can you imagine the death toll, especially since there would not even be clear lines between the factions. No, this is something that should be avoided if possible and if such arises should be dealt with quickly and decisively so that it does not lead to that nightmare. My guess is that Congress would not be dumb enough to consider removing Trump without first ensuring that they are ready to deal with any violent backlash from his supporters, to do otherwise would be foolhardy at best suicidal at worst. Rough days coming, buckle up, the ride is already warmed up and just waiting for the right signal to move forward.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:35 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Why does anyone think of the impeachment as R vs. D?

I hate political parties. They make people stupid.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
LOL, impeachment can led what Clinton got, a smack on the hand, or it can led to removal from office and possible criminal prosecution. Ignore it if you wish, but I doubt the Repubs would do anything short of removal from office if put into the position that they must act.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:39 PM

18,107 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Trump may not survive 4 years in office, but impeachment is just one scenario and perhaps not a strong one (we don't know yet).

He could choose to resign instead, which is in my mind an even more interesting possibility.

People who know him best suggest he never wanted the presidency in the first place, he just wanted to get attention and parlay it into something else (more lucrative contract with NBC). And, these same people who know him say he was as surprised as anyone when he did actually win, because that was not his plan, he fully expected HRC to win. So, if you believe those who know him, he's not happy in this role, knows he's out of his depth, misses his former unrestricted life. He's gone on record saying he misses his 'old' life. Clearly his wife is miserable, I think everyone can see that she wants no part of being first lady or moving to D.C. despite what she claimed in her speeches about being a great first lady.

So the first question is, how long will Trump last in office?

If Trump left office before his 4 years were up, would you (those of you who voted for him) be upset or angry at him?

Finally, if you're a conservative, republican, or right winger who voted for Trump, do you want a president who doesn't actually want the job, is unhappy, and is looking for a way out? Do you care about Donnie's happiness? If theDonald is miserable in the job do you want him to move on and go back to the life he does enjoy in his 24K gold NYC penthouse and life as private citizen?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:42 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,141,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why does anyone think of the impeachment as R vs. D?

I hate political parties. They make people stupid.
This... and I think you were being kind by limiting your categorization to just "stupid."

Old 05-29-2017, 09:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Just a quick reminder of the OP's last prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Nope. Probably won't last 4 months.

But if by some miracle he manages to last all 4 years.. he will DEFINITELY lose in 2020. Its clear as day. He barely won this time.
What happened to Trump not lasting 4 months?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:43 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
What is the meaning of is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies