Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 11:29 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times

Advertisements

For instance, if you live in rural America where Trump is still overwhelmingly popular, you might overestimate his popularity and not feel the angst that many Americans are currently feeling. If you live in a major city, you are probably surrounded mostly by people who disagree with Trump and therefore might not realize how popular he is in rural America.

Fact is, the numbers don't lie. Trump only won the states that carried him to victory by a razor-thin margin and most polls today have his popularity in the high 30s. The most right-leaning polls have him in the 40s, which is still nothing to write home about.

I see a lot of conservatives, especially in rural areas, saying the polls aren't accurate and Trump is really much more popular than they indicate. Liberals, especially in blue counties on the other hand, don't understand how Trump could possibly be holding as high of approval ratings as he is. Do you think the perception of how popular Trump is depends greatly on where you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 11:53 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,070 times
so now, in addition to all of the other name calling of Trump supporters, we are looking for geographical discrimination?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:57 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
For instance, if you live in rural America where Trump is still overwhelmingly popular, you might overestimate his popularity and not feel the angst that many Americans are currently feeling. If you live in a major city, you are probably surrounded mostly by people who disagree with Trump and therefore might not realize how popular he is in rural America.

Fact is, the numbers don't lie. Trump only won the states that carried him to victory by a razor-thin margin and most polls today have his popularity in the high 30s. The most right-leaning polls have him in the 40s, which is still nothing to write home about.

I see a lot of conservatives, especially in rural areas, saying the polls aren't accurate and Trump is really much more popular than they indicate. Liberals, especially in blue counties on the other hand, don't understand how Trump could possibly be holding as high of approval ratings as he is. Do you think the perception of how popular Trump is depends greatly on where you live?
This is rather obvious, yes? I think you answered your own question.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:59 AM

158 posts, read 107,161 times
Quote:

Nah. I find it to be a common sense vs a fantasy world type thing. No matter what President Trump did or does the city folks will always hate him. The city folks live in a fantasy world where the people outside the city don't exist to them. Personally I prefer it that way. As for the polls,well they told us President Trump was going to get his rear end kicked....we saw how that turned out. I don't believe in ANY polls left right or neutral.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:01 PM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
If you believed the (false) polls then, you believe them now (except for people capable of learning). If you didn't believe the polls then (correctly), you don't believe them now (correctly).

Old 05-31-2017, 12:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
I'm a Rust Belt native living in the L.A. area.

I know nothing in LaLa Land is based in reality. Nothing.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:05 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm a Rust Belt native living in the L.A. area.

I know nothing in LaLa Land is based in reality. Nothing.
Angelinos are every bit as American as residents of Hackneyville, Alabama.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:07 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,990,162 times
Quote:

"Perception" is what you make of it.

I perceive that this is a bunch of bullcrap.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:07 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:

I believe that Trump is still popular in all the areas where he started out that way! I don't believe that people in major cities, once you get out of the areas that are either dominated by illegal aliens or where they heavily exploited, have a problem with Trump.

Fact is, Hillary Clinton lost the election. Another fact? Trump won and is now POTUS. Kicking, screaming, and crying will not change that. Not names or faces either.

Really you want to discuss polls? Let's talk about President Hillary Clinton, we'll start there and then continue to talk about how accurate your polls are.

Most of us don't rely on polls, although I can see that those that feel desperate have to have something to cling to.

No, I don't think the "perception" of how popular Trump is depends greatly on where you live. Geesh, this is the internet age. People in every corner of our country have access what is going in the USA and the world. Now, if this were 1940...........but it isn't!

Trump is doing great and the threads coming up here are just one testament to that.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Angelinos are every bit as American as residents of Hackneyville, Alabama.
But Angelinos are living in a one of a kind city.

People in Hackneyville are much more similar to people in Mansfield, Ohio and Tulsa, Oklahoma than L.A.

The media believes the L.A. narrative speaks for the entire country. Last November proved otherwise though the Left never got the memo or still refuses to read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies