Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 03:40 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm going to pick on you because you're the last comment in the thread.

Have people ever stopped to think, hey, maybe people can just think for themselves? This whole narrative o Chris Evans and others reminds me of Tipper Gore and her crusade against music and video games. Oh my god, all of our young people were going to go out there and commit violent crimes because of what they heard or saw on these songs and games! Oddly enough, the youth of America didn't suddenly become violent criminals. So, really isn't it a bit, hmm, insulting to fellow Americans to believe that they can't think for themselves and are just waiting for 'instructions' from their celebrity or political overlords on how to act?
They most certainly could, but not all do. I said things like his perception...some. I wish more people would follow their own star and make their own choices. I do myself....for example I specifically choose to register as an Independent because I don't want to blindly do whatever a party says.

Some people are really sheep-like. I do think that it's probable that some (there's that word again that points out a subset of "all") people out there are acting out more now because of the climate. Not all by any means, as I mentioned. I don't think they should do stuff just because someone famous said so, no.

Some do, though. It's a fact of life. From what I have seen in the past couple of years, there are absolutely people who blindly follow political leaders. The nation is partisan as hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 05:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yep. She even said she was sorry for it.

Furthermore, no matter how you try to spin it, cutting off someone's head would generally be considered violent.
maybe zinnie assumed that trump's head would have been removed with the utmost tender loving care.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
.... which would have zero to do with Trump.
But still it is false to include a Fake Hate Crime like that website did.

Quote:
I don't know what you base that assumption that there is "far more acceptance to this kind of rhetoric?"

Acceptance of what rhetoric? Saying nasty things about people of different races, religions, etc.? That kind of stuff has gone on every day, all day, since before Trump rolled along.
Perhaps but for sometime it stalled. It wasn't as front and centered.

Quote:
Seems to me that there's actually a NORMALIZATION of anti-white speech in this country currently going on, under the guise of "social justice." I have seen no white person say anything about a "brown" person or Muslim that I haven't in turn heard come the opposite direction against whites.
I disagree with this honestly. If you view anti-white speech out of social justice, that is on you.

Quote:
Again: White people (who are most of Trump's supporters) actually perpetrate hate crimes at rates LOWER than their share of the population as a whole. This nonsense hysteria about "Trump's America" is hyperbole.
Where is your source for this claim?

Quote:
PS: Muslims do actually attack in malls and shopping centers.

Source: Minnesota mall attacker asked victims if they were Muslim - CBS News

Minnesota mall attack: ISIS wing claims responsibility - CNN.com

Theaters:

Horrifying details of the Bataclan Theatre massacre revealed | New York Post

Schools:

Ohio State University: Attacker killed, 11 hospitalized after campus attack - CNN.com

Now, Muslims aren't THE reason why we have extra security everywhere, but stop pretending it doesn't happen. Also, "Islamic" terrorist acts (acts motivated by Muslim religious grounds) occur at a rate DISPROPORTIONATE to the total share of Muslims in the general population (this of course goes against the recent "white men are most responsible for terror in this country" meme. Apparently people have forgotten what per capita, raw numbers, etc. mean when it doesn't fit their narrative).
No they aren't but they often do the attacks that cause changes. American attacks are often not Muslim terrorism related. I can pull up tons more mall, school and theater shootings that WEREN'T Muslim. You know that and I know that. Don't act like Muslim attacks happen as often in Europe as they do in America. And this was BEFORE the refugee question.

Quote:
Islamic terrorists are actually the reason for our airport security nonsense, though, so I guess we can thank them for that.
I don't disagree with that.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:28 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But still it is false to include a Fake Hate Crime like that website did.

Perhaps but for sometime it stalled. It wasn't as front and centered.

I disagree with this honestly. If you view anti-white speech out of social justice, that is on you.

Where is your source for this claim?

No they aren't but they often do the attacks that cause changes. American attacks are often not Muslim terrorism related. I can pull up tons more mall, school and theater shootings that WEREN'T Muslim. You know that and I know that. Don't act like Muslim attacks happen as often in Europe as they do in America. And this was BEFORE the refugee question.

I don't disagree with that.

No it isn't

Old 07-03-2017, 11:31 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Do liberals also blame video games and rap music for violence?

Old 07-03-2017, 11:35 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Eh, Trump supporters will just say celebs that aren't conservatives should just keep their mouth shut like they always do.
Eh, he has a right to his opinion. Although I don't agree with him I'm sure any of us would use celebrity status to get publicity for our individual point of view.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:22 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Shut up and act

Old 07-03-2017, 12:26 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Who is this person and why would opinion affect my real life?
Also, why would I care what his opinion is?

Old 07-03-2017, 12:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
All right then. The actor who plays Captain America said it so it must be true.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:40 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
How can any person be guilty for the actions of another? Such a concept is an absurdity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies