Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2017, 10:25 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Now we are at 4 trillion? Today must be pick a number out of the sky day.
This Number was reported tonight on Fox. However their is much higher esmates as much as 100Trillion Dollars.

Economist Blasts Paris Treaty $100T Price Tag: 'Not a Good Deal'

http://www.newsbusters.org/.../econo...-not-good-deal
  1. Cached

Feb 15, 2017 - That's a price tag that sounds acceptable to liberals, but not to everyone. An economist and ... 14, to discuss The Paris Agreement. He advised ...

CLIMATE: Paris deal will cost at least $1.28T — economist ...

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060042242
  1. Cached

Aug 31, 2016 - ... is on the verge of formally joining the landmark Paris climate agreement, ... with the cost of energy storage dictating the overall price tag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 11:09 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You know what? Forget it.

Seriously, I promised myself I wouldn't get sucked into the stupidity that is the climate science movement. I dealt enough with these idiots in college and no matter how many facts you bring to the table, no matter how much your corner them and show their positions to be invalid, they will lie, twist, attack and dismiss.

You folks argue with he idiots, not wasting my time.
I agree. Dealing with teachers is the worst. I have as a member of my extended family a high school teacher. When I mentioned that I had my doubts about climate change at a family gathering she began first screaming incoherently and then wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the gathering. Even when you mention facts contained in high school history texts about climate conditions being about the same during Revolutionary and Civil War times as now.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:11 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I agree. Dealing with teachers is the worst. I have as a member of my extended family a high school teacher. When I mentioned that I had my doubts about climate change at a family gathering she began first screaming incoherently and then wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the gathering. Even when you mention facts contained in high school history texts about climate conditions being about the same during Revolutionary and Civil War times as now.
Lawyers with brains always strike any teacher from the jury. They are totally irrational in my experience, with a few notable exceptions. MichiganMoon comes to mind.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hey, "America First", don'tcha know?

Reestablishing American Sovereignty one middle finger at a time.
Maybe many Americans including Trump and for that matter myself, a Clinton voter, are sick of the country being taken for a bunch of idiots by European "sophisticates."

Old 06-01-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Lawyers with brains always strike any teacher from the jury. They are totally irrational in my experience, with a few notable exceptions. MichiganMoon comes to mind.
Sometimes you want an irrational or stupid jury. That's why insurance defense firms try to avoid state courts with their impressionable juries in favor of federal courts, where at least some have brains. That's why defense counsel almost invariably remove cases from state to federal court when they can.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:14 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
The specific terms of this agreement have the U.S sending billions of dollars a year to China, India, 2 of the biggest air polluters in the world..and China and India don't have to lower their emission rates. How would that solve climate change in the U.S.? Its a bad deal, nothing to do with being democrat or Republican... it just doesn't make

Old 06-01-2017, 11:15 PM

This rotten deal was nothing more than a globalist plot to get the US to fund slush funds for climate scammers.

We just dodged a very expensive bullet.

Thank You President Trump.

Until China and India make an immediate concerted effort, to curtail / revise their polution policies,... where the U.S. taxpayer DOES NOT have to pay them to do it...' , then screw the 3rd world countries that are the biggest perpetrators of carbon emissions.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:16 PM

Hey liberal thieves! Don't fret. You can accomplish the same thing as the accord by mailing your $check$ today to the government of China or the government of India.

I'm sure you can find an address on the internet somewhere. At least by sending in your own money, you are not stealing from your neighbor for the benefit of China and India.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:18 PM

Don't enter any agreements that are contrary to America's interests. These globalists want it all, they can't be negotiated with. Rejecting them completely is the only path.

Having seen President Trump's courage, others will come forward and join him, knowing that together and being righteous, they are strong. The globalists are few and rich, but being evil, they are weak.

The global warming fraud is dead. Thank you Presidet Trump! MAGA!

The Globalists want a central world government controlled by non-Americans.
The Global Warming Religion is a major component of that goal.
Thank God for TRUMP. Now we don't have to pay for this hoax.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:19 PM

Um...liberals...
You lost the election. He said he was going to do this. He did it despite your whining beforehand. Your tantrums now aren't going to change that but they ARE fun to watch!

Anthropogenic climate change is the ultimate in secular humanistic hubris.

No country in the world, at our level of industriousness, is as clean as ours!

We are the best!

Hey, Paris, tell China and India, et al, to burn coal as cleanly and efficiently as we do!

We are the best, and our environmental wacko friends deserve some credit for that, as do the energy rate payers, you and me.

We have paid a high price to clean up our act, so put the onus on the dirty burners, not us!

We voted for Trump precisely because we are sick and tired of paying the bill and getting shamed for not giving enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies