Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 08:17 PM

1,204 posts, read 873,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Good questions guys
If this answers any of your questions.
Unmasked = is a form of leaking

The three subpoenas, among a total of seven signed by panel chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), were served on the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, and the National Security Agency, and all three explicitly referenced “unmasking” – a signal that the House panel is intensifying its investigation into allegations that Obama-era aides improperly demanded the “unmasking” of names of associates of President Trump that had appeared, in coded form, in classified intelligence reports, then leaked the data to news media organizations.

Going to the following law website, it specifically is addressing your topic. Unmasked does not mean leaking. You need to correct this also.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-int...bout-unmasking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 08:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
So the subpoenas on unmasking apparently came from Devin Nunes on his own, yet again trying to obstruct justice and deflect from Trump's treason.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:31 PM

1,204 posts, read 873,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So the subpoenas on unmasking apparently came from Devin Nunes on his own, yet again trying to obstruct justice and deflect from Trump's treason.

Yeah I find Nunes doing this rather odd, particularly since he supposedly removed himself from participation in the Russia probe.

I suppose he may be saying that its a leak probe, but I would think that that would require a different investigation.

Between this and the Ruskie compound thingee-- its really getting odd.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:34 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
Yeah I find Nunes doing this rather odd, particularly since he supposedly removed himself from participation in the Russia probe.

I suppose he may be saying that its a leak probe, but I would think that that would require a different investigation.

Between this and the Ruskie compound thingee-- its really getting odd.
It's not really odd, it's blatant treason at this point and they're just flaunting it, since Republicans are perfectly ok with it.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:37 PM

57,333 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...ncies.amp.html

House Intelligence Committee sends subpoenas to intel agencies

Three of the nation’s intelligence agencies received subpoenas Wednesday afternoon issued by the House Intelligence Committee, Fox News has confirmed, with each of the three demands for documents explicitly naming three top officials of the Obama administration: Susan Rice, who served as President Obama’s White House national security adviser; former CIA Director John Brennan; and former U.N. ambassador Samantha Power.
The inclusion of Power’s name on the subpoenas marks the first appearance of the former U.N. ambassador in the controversy surrounding the Obama administration’s use of unmasking.

Capitol Hill sources told Fox News they are devoting increasing scrutiny to Power – a former historian and winner of the Pulitzer Prize who worked as a foreign policy adviser in the Senate office of Barack Obama before joining his administration – because they have come to see her role in the unmasking as larger than previously known, and eclipsing those of the other former officials named.

I edited the title of the thread my apologies whole heartily. I worded it wrong
Agencies subpoenaed for White House leakers and they are from the Obama camp
Subpoenas do not equal leakers, your title is a lie. That is of course assuming that Fox News is correct that they were subpoenaed and that is questionable.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...ncies.amp.html

House Intelligence Committee sends subpoenas to intel agencies

Three of the nation’s intelligence agencies received subpoenas Wednesday afternoon issued by the House Intelligence Committee, Fox News has confirmed, with each of the three demands for documents explicitly naming three top officials of the Obama administration: Susan Rice, who served as President Obama’s White House national security adviser; former CIA Director John Brennan; and former U.N. ambassador Samantha Power.
The inclusion of Power’s name on the subpoenas marks the first appearance of the former U.N. ambassador in the controversy surrounding the Obama administration’s use of unmasking.

Capitol Hill sources told Fox News they are devoting increasing scrutiny to Power – a former historian and winner of the Pulitzer Prize who worked as a foreign policy adviser in the Senate office of Barack Obama before joining his administration – because they have come to see her role in the unmasking as larger than previously known, and eclipsing those of the other former officials named.

I edited the title of the thread my apologies whole heartily. I worded it wrong
Agencies subpoenaed for White House leakers and they are from the Obama camp
Funny that when you mentioned subpoenas that you skipped over others who are also being asked for all their records, including Trumps own Lawyer. Personally I Love it, those that do not comply can end up facing criminal charges and those that do are bound to turn over some seriously interesting information, and those that attempt to cover their tracks by destroying records will get to see the inside of a Federal Prison. I see no Pardons being handed out later on down the line because of the backlash for doing so. Yeup, getting real interesting indeed.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:44 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,338,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
C'mon folks, read the news. Three subpoenas were signed by Nunes and four by Schiff. The announcement was made by Reps. Michael Conaway, R-Texas, and Adam Schiff, D-California -- the co-leaders of the House investigation.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:45 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
Some news agencies are reporting that Nunes issued these three subpeanos separately from the comittee without consulting the democrats.....ie Nunes is trying to obstruct the investigation still.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:46 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,526,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, if this story is accurate in any way, it appears that the committee wants to look at documents that are related to their investigation. In what way is that a partisan issue? Doesn't it appear that the committee is actually progressing with the investigation? Shouldn't we all be celebrating that? We should be getting closer to whether or not stuff was done that was wrong - and if the s**t hits the fan on either side, or wrongdoing is found on both sides, we will at least know what actually happened.
Very good points

Old 05-31-2017, 08:52 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,338,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Some news agencies are reporting that Nunes issued these three subpeanos separately from the comittee without consulting the democrats.....ie Nunes is trying to obstruct the investigation still.

Oh stop. Not even the Trump haters at WaPo and CNN are making that claim. I admit I didn't check HuffPo or Salon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies