Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 02:18 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,451,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
McVeigh?

Oklahoma?

Picnic?

Kaczynski?

The DC snipers?

Sandy Hook?

Columbine?

I fear my fellow American far more than any Islamic terrorist!

I will say it again, the Islamic terrorist threat...and more than threat, the reality--is not an existencial crisis for the US.

The current spate of culture warring..may well be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 02:20 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,145,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Right wing terror attacks in United States in 2017: 5+

Islamist terror attacks in United States in 2017: 0
Can you name the specific incidents?

Old 06-18-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this is the point I've been trying to make. We have had exactly 2 Islamic terrorist attacks here in the US in the past few years (Orlando and San Bernadino). Meanwhile we have had countless acts of politically motivated violence (aka terrorism) from radicalized right wing White males. We have the Portland Metro stabbing, the Charleston church shooting, several attacks on abortion clinics, the shooting of two Indian men in Kansas, and on and on.

Radicalized right wing White men are the real danger ... and they live right here too.
Well....I think you went a 'bridge too far' on this one. Radicalized anybody...is dangerous. Right, Left, or bat-s**t crazy anarchist.

White men, per se? Seems a bit of a bashing, eh? It's the ideology that is toxic..not the gender..nor the race.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Does this help?

https://www.splcenter.org/20100126/terror-right

Old 06-18-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
No, the poster I replied to spoke of 2017 and your Newsweek story is from early 2016. I was pretty clear in my question. I notice you added a link from SPLC from 2015. Why not just let the poster I was speaking to respond to his question.

I was asking Mr.mondaynight exactly which incidents he was specifically referring to in his post.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:32 PM

800 posts, read 509,586 times
Islam is relatively benign when they're just 1% of the population of a country. At 2-5% you begin to see occasional attacks, more rapid spreading of dogma and extremism and more unrest. 6-15% you get frequent violence, demand of political power, increased rape culture, rioting. It just keeps escalating. Before the time Islam reaches close to half the population they forcefully try to install themselves into power, enact Sharia law and persecuting the "infidels". Beheadings of gays, Christians, stoning of women, the list goes on. If you people think Islam is harmless, its only because they're not yet in large enough numbers in the US to act out their desires yet. Societies show that as their numbers increase, they radicalize and force their agenda far more.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:36 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,370,366 times
Quote:
1. Kansas man who yelled "get out of my country" and shot two Indian engineers and a third person defending them.

2. White supremacist who stabbed an African-American in New York to death with a sword; was attempting to "kill as many black men ... in New York as he could"

3. White ex-Army man from Texas, obsessed with conspiracy theories including "an implant that would take away a person's desire for God"; shot and killed a security guard then tried to claim allegiance to ISIS after the attack

4. White student, member of "Alt Reich Nation", stabbed and killed black college student Richard Collins

5.Man who yelled that "Muslims should die", attacked edit: harassed two Muslim teenagers and killed two men who came to their defense

Old 06-18-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
1. Kansas man who yelled "get out of my country" and shot two Indian engineers and a third person defending them.

2. White supremacist who stabbed an African-American in New York to death with a sword; was attempting to "kill as many black men ... in New York as he could"

3. White ex-Army man from Texas, obsessed with conspiracy theories including "an implant that would take away a person's desire for God"; shot and killed a security guard then tried to claim allegiance to ISIS after the attack

4. White student, member of "Alt Reich Nation", stabbed and killed black college student Richard Collins

5.Man who yelled that "Muslims should die", attacked edit: harassed two Muslim teenagers and killed two men who came to their defense
Thank you. I remember all of those except the third one, not denying, I just don't remember that one. Whenever someone kills out of hate for race or religion it is sad for the senseless violence upon an innocent. Note the last cretin on the list was a Bernie supporter like the failed attempted mass murderer in Virginia. Do not forget the mass murderer in Fresno who was killing for the color of men's skin and praising Allah. There is a problem with hate in this country and it does not come exclusively from one side.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
No, the poster I replied to spoke of 2017 and your Newsweek story is from early 2016. I was pretty clear in my question. I notice you added a link from SPLC from 2015. Why not just let the poster I was speaking to respond to his question.

I was asking Mr.mondaynight exactly which incidents he was specifically referring to in his post.
OK...didn't know it was exclusive

Old 06-18-2017, 03:32 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,231,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
I'm no Trump supporter, but I get disgusted with anyone comparing White homegrown terrorism to the brutal killings carried out by ISIS. I feel badly for anyone a victim here like the Portland men, but let's face it. What we deal with here is a picnic. DO you know what happens to gays and atheists in Islamic countries? We have the right to speak against our government. Saudi Arabia didn't protest Trump well because they can't.

A concert stadium full of kids just got bombed in Manchester. It seems every time this happens these anti-Muslim attack stories come out as if trying to downplay the incident. We really should stop excusing any of them.
You're looking to broad. The people who same white home grown terrorists are more a threat are looking locally. Most Islamic terrorism happens in Muslim majority countries. The US is not one of those countries. In the US, you are more likely to be killed in a freak shooting or by gang violence or a domestic terrorist. Islamic terrorism is simply less common in the US.

I don't think anyone is denying that Islamic terrorism is a problem in other places. Anyone who is would be wrong, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies