Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2017, 08:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,637,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Truth hurts.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Once Fox News was accepted as a legitimate news source, the die was cast.
I watched it ALL the time when it first came out until I figured out I was only getting one side of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Say what you want about FOX, but at least FOX never hid their bias. They wore it on their sleeve. CNN used to pretend to be a politically neutral news organization. People on the right knew it was just an act, and people on the left denied it, and there used to be some plausible deniability to it. We now have a president that is so hated by the left, that he is drawing out the true feelings of the CNN staff. They can't contain themselves, and deniability is no longer plausible.
Yes, Fox hid their bias. They proclaimed themselves 'FAIR AND BALANCED".

CNN thinks they are being politically neutral by having people like Santorum and Lord as part of their regular panels. Yes, it's obvious what Jake Tapper thinks but they allow other voices on there.

Perhaps if Trump hadn't made the media his scapegoat throughout his campaign - his coverage would be a bit more favorable.

We reap what we sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 08:54 AM

18,540 posts, read 15,368,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think CNN is owning it now. I've noticed a distinct change in how they comment on things.

You have to know -- that both these networks have news shows but for the most part they have entertainment shows that use the news as their source.

If you can't tell the difference I can see how it would be confusing and upsetting.
I think they are owning it because of ratings. They are selling out. They realize that the almighty dollar outweighs an air of respectability. In some ways it's good. If you are going to be bias anyway, don't try to fool your audience into thinking you are something you are not. In other ways it is sad. There are not many places left to go for unbiased journalism.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:57 AM

18,540 posts, read 15,368,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yep.

I watched it ALL the time when it first came out until I figured out I was only getting one side of the story.

Yes, Fox hid their bias. They proclaimed themselves 'FAIR AND BALANCED".

CNN thinks they are being politically neutral by having people like Santorum and Lord as part of their regular panels. Yes, it's obvious what Jake Tapper thinks but they allow other voices on there.

Perhaps if Trump hadn't made the media his scapegoat throughout his campaign - his coverage would be a bit more favorable.

We reap what we sow.
Please. "Fair And Balanced"? That was always tongue in cheek. If you didn't get it, that is on you.

Their commentators always referred to themselves as conservative.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:59 AM

8,503 posts, read 4,612,968 times
I admit that I sometimes watch Fox News. I however watch it solely for the comedy and absurdity aspect to see how far it will go as I consider it parody rather than a news channel. It typically doesn't disappoint in these areas. I can understand why so many of its staffers have have been so uneasy with it and its blatant agenda. With the rampant sexism and aversion to fact, I would not want to work there.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:06 AM

27,829 posts, read 28,953,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Asslan will over to MSNBC where the standards are even lower than CNN.
I thought they were all the same left-wing news network.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:27 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,966,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker
Truth hurts.
Yes and its good seeing those NOT BE AFRAID to admit it! (Although ya gotta be very careful publically now)

Old 06-04-2017, 09:30 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,605,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
"The Truth" is something that will never be allowed to be expressed on Certainly Not News (CNN)

The Left's hypocrisy is almost funny if it weren't so sad...If anyone objected to Odummy's policies, they would scream Racism but people that work for certainly Now Tnews behead Trump in effigy and call him a piece of sh*t and that's fine with these Liberal Nazi Haters.
I'll just leave this here (note source is not CNN)

Amid turmoil, Trump spends weekend at golf club | TheHill

Old 06-04-2017, 09:32 AM

7,470 posts, read 7,060,074 times
When the far-right apologizes for calling Obama the n-word, his wife an "ape," and so on, we'll talk about what Trump is being called.

That being said, Trump is a basically pond-scum or Jabba the Hutt with a wig, so there's really no problem here.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,637,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Please. "Fair And Balanced"? That was always tongue in cheek. If you didn't get it, that is on you.

Their commentators always referred to themselves as conservative.
That's a lie. FOX was eventually outed for all the dummies that truly thought they were watching 'fair and balanced' news.

Millions of dupes STILL BELIEVE that they are watching 'fair and balanced' news. Fox preys on the ignorant and they have been quite successful.

Not everyone sees through it as you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I'll just leave this here (note source is not CNN)

Amid turmoil, Trump spends weekend at golf club | TheHill
Jesus Christ. And tweeting out insults to the London Mayor while he takes his midnight dump.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:33 AM

5,737 posts, read 2,212,540 times
President triggered this host with the truth, he can't handle it like Griffin and many other far left out of touch liberals.

We need travel restrictions from third world hellholes that breed terrorism, period. We need tougher vetting procedures for people coming to live here, period. We've already seen what happens when you don't, now try to act responsibly to prevent it and protect your people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies