Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you disapprove of Donald Trump?
Yes 174 64.44%
No 96 35.56%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 07:15 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,737,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The evangelicals will dissolve first.
You are right. I work with an Evangelical and rabid GOP supporter. He absolutely hated Obama. And he hates Trump! He's still hanging in there, but by a mere thread.

He doesn't like the GOP health care plan at all and is really disappointed with the Trump budget attack on Medicare.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:15 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,601,448 times
oh look at the source its the "No path to 270" CNN

Old 06-05-2017, 07:17 AM

348 posts, read 256,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
He forgot to include extremist militias and mental patients.

In all seriousness I know a lot of moderate Republicans and they have all given up trying to defend Trump. Mostly bright people though and they do not like looking stupid publicly.
You are correct all the bright people I know are running businesses and do not pay attention to all the noise from the other side. Every business owner I know voted for Trump. They are the people who voted for Trump because they need jobs and need to feed their families. They are the people who can no longer afford Obamacare's premium at 1000 a month with 10,000 deductibles. Many of them only have one health insurance option in their state from two years ago. (Can't blame Trump for that one) They are the people who want jobs and want to work to support their families.

^^^^These are the silent people who were able to elect a businessman instead of a career politician.

Calling people who voted for Trump racist, KKK and mental will only encourage the silent ones to go to the polls in 2020.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:21 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,228,291 times
I'm surprised it's that high. Something's not right.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:23 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,406,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
You're bragging about Hillary winning a contest that wasn't even held. Impressive!
Anybody here have a brain. I made a comment based on someone else's observation. It was not "bragging" unless you live in an underground bunker somewhere.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:25 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,738,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Get off the Breitbart and Fox fake news machine. Nothing I wrote is incorrect. Did or did not Hillary beat Trump by approximately 3 million votes?
No she did not. Trump won the majority of the state elections. That is how the president is determined.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:27 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,670,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You may not realize this, but you can just ignore any threads or posts on polls. You don't have to respond, don't even have to read.

It's true.

You can also use the C-D ignore function and you never, ever have to view another post from anyone that posts things you don't like.

Look, I am not an unabashed Trump supporter but posting one meaningless poll after another clogs up CD. How many threads can can be put on ignore.

Now if the post had been on just that Trump better improve the lot for the country and come through on hsi promises for the rust belt citizens or he is out after this term or maybe even before that, I would fully agree with that.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:30 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Look, I am not an unabashed Trump supporter but posting one meaningless poll after another clogs up CD. How many threads can can be put on ignore.
There are tons of threads to follow if you want to avoid any discussions of polls. Have it it.

I find it oddly amusing to see all those who scurry to a poll thread to announce they don't believe in polls.

Of course, thanks to the ignore function, I don't actually see all the posts, just the screen names.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:30 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,164,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
His highest approval rating per Gallup was only 45%, and it's all been downhill from there. Why does it matter? It doesn't just bode negatively for his reelection prospects, but it also is bad news for the Republicans in the midterms. They stand to lose many seats, and historically presidential approval ratings are a good barometer of how many seats the president's party will win or lose. But there is still a lot of time until the midterms, so if he really gets to work, Trump has time to satisfy Americans' expectations of him better than he has so far.

Trump's poll numbers are in a very, very bad place - CNNPolitics.com
And, we all know the polls are accurate, just ask President Hillary Clinton, wait..............

From everything I have read, people are generally happy with President Trump. And, for those that aren't that happy, they are still thanking their lucky stars that Hillary Clinton went down, down, down!

And, no, you won't see the GOP losing seats unless it is in the primaries where they clear those out standing in the way of our President.

Yep, the polls said Hillary Clinton was going to nail it!

Keep in mind that President Trump has the biggest mess ever to clean up inheriting the one made by President Obama. It takes time to undo 8 years of damage.

Why the approvals ratings mean less than you think: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f0c951842b6a and https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-age-of-trump/

Come on, this should be simple for the "highly educated" if I, one of those poorly educated Trump supporters, can understand it.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 06-05-2017 at 07:39 AM..

Old 06-05-2017, 07:31 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,737,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
oh look at the source its the "No path to 270" CNN
Oh, look at the response to continuing bad news. - ostriching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies