Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 03:36 PM

19,639 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
It's when the holier than thou I know what's best for the world and Im from (insert city here) attitude comes out that gets us "rednecks" "hicks" "hillbillies" upset.
On occasion I'll bump into a North eastern liberal. Hear them complain about guns, trucks, this that and the other.... well 95 is that way, head north for about 20 hours. Say what you want about Florida and the south. I don't know too many who aspire to retire in NY MA CT VT ME NH.
There are plenty of rural areas in all those states. Lots of loud trucks and guns up there if that is what one is seeking. Snowmobiles too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 03:44 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And you guys pay attention to Sarah Palin?

Anyone else?

Who is making these allegations? Surely you can come up with more than 1 person?
And you pay attention to Kathy Griffin...

Old 06-05-2017, 03:47 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
And you pay attention to Kathy Griffin...
I haven't make any topics about Kathy Griffin, and the topic isn't about Waldokitty.

So I ask again, who is saying that only rural America counts as alleged by the OP?

Sounds like it's all made up.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Heh! Well, for once we are in complete agreement! I may lean left, but the Dems are seriously deluded on this issue. That's why I started out as a an Independent with Jeffersonian leanings. I switched my affiliation so I could vote in the primaries - much good THAT did me.
Are you actually saying you have never seen conservatives or red states referred to as "real Americans/real america" on this site ????

Old 06-05-2017, 03:51 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Are you actually saying you have never seen conservatives or red states referred to as "real Americans/real america" on this site ????
OP is claiming that people are saying that people in cities don't count. Who has said this?

Old 06-05-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I haven't make any topics about Kathy Griffin, and the topic isn't about Waldokitty.

So I ask again, who is saying that only rural America counts as alleged by the OP?

People say it daily on this site

If you want to argue that those people arent the majority in sentiment, thats fine, but dont pretend they dont exist.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:56 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You are very correct.

There is no single "real America". Whenever I hear someone say that about any single area, I kindly remind them of the diversity of our country. The entirety of the US is the "real America".

Hawaii, the vast spaces of Alaska, Miami, Wyoming, San Francisco, NY, Texas, the plains, the rolling hills and mountains of the Appalachians...these are all "America".

Exactly!!!

Old 06-05-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
OP is claiming that people are saying that people in cities don't count. Who has said this?
Thats a grammatical distinction without a difference.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:59 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
here's a direct quote form a recent GOP VP nominee, is that good enough?

We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation.
Quote:

Gee, that's funny, um,, I knew I'd, um, heard something like that "wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America" before. So, yeah, somebody said it. And, yes, for the sake of argument, I will concede that he implied that the rest of America wasn't 'the real America' with his statement. Feel free to argue that point.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:00 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
And you guys pay attention to Sarah Palin?

Anyone else?

Who is making these allegations? Surely you can come up with more than 1 person?
It's not hard to find usage of this term...surely, you can use Google?

https://www.amazon.com/Real-America-.../dp/0743496965

The Real America | Official North Dakota Travel & Tourism Guide

Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America

https://playmakersrep.org/show/the-real-americans/

“Real America” Myth -- Republicans Need to Drop the Damaging Label | National Review

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.48bf99becabf

https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/20...merica-2/?_r=0

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...eal-americans/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies