Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 04:37 PM

817 posts, read 753,062 times

Advertisements

Do you find the events of the last six months to be entertaining? Humorous? Reality TV-ish? Hilarious? Something else?

I'm just a Joe Sixpack that sits at home everynight with my beer and my potato chips, watching the show. Cracking up at internet forums, bloggers, etc. Honestly I love low taxes and conservative principles, but the whole circus does have me cracking up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 04:43 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
No, not at all. It's really unsettling. But your post confirms what I thought. There are just "Americans" that want to watch a trainwreck, for sport, or something.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:53 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
No, not at all. It's really unsettling. But your post confirms what I thought. There are just "Americans" that want to watch a trainwreck, for sport, or something.
I agree. It's quite unsettling.

My biggest problem with Trump has nothing to do with his policy. I disagree with him on things like healthcare and climate, but that isn't why I fear for our country every day he is President. The circus that is going on that is unlike anything we've ever seen in our country is what has me really unsettled. I can't think of another administration that was as grossly incompetent as this one.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:58 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
The political chaos exists inside the heads of liberals. Since I don't live there, President Trump doesn't bother me one bit. The chaos is manufactured inside the board rooms of the likes of CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc, and is then grown and transplanted inside empty heads of liberals, where it grows, and festers, and subsequently explodes all over the internet, making one of the biggest messes seen to mankind.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:58 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Do you find the events of the last six months to be entertaining? Humorous? Reality TV-ish? Hilarious?
It does have a darkly humorous side to it, to be sure. Who would have thought watching the country going to hell in a handbasket could have droll moments?

Of course, I'm white, middle-class, homeowner, have savings and a European passport in case everything goes to hell. It's a bit easier for me to take in the Dadaist theater passing for government these days with at least some detachment.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:01 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
The political chaos exists inside the heads of liberals. Since I don't live there, President Trump doesn't bother me one bit. The chaos is manufactured inside the board rooms of the likes of CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc, and is then grown and transplanted inside empty heads of liberals, where it grows, and festers, and subsequently explodes all over the internet, making one of the biggest messes seen to mankind.
Uh, no. The actual chaos is in the White House itself and the various federal agencies because of the Orange Man's incompetance, recklessness and egomania. His management style is to pit underlings against each other to curry favor with the boss. Unfortunately for a large Federal government, it doesn't work quite as well, and one's dirty laundry is displayed all over.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Do you like the political chaos because of Trump?
No, and neither does the corporate America, or our allies.

Our enemies love it, and the rest simply laugh at us.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Do you like the political chaos because of Trump?

Do you find the events of the last six months to be entertaining? Humorous? Reality TV-ish? Hilarious? Something else?

I'm just a Joe Sixpack that sits at home everynight with my beer and my potato chips, watching the show. Cracking up at internet forums, bloggers, etc. Honestly I love low taxes and conservative principles, but the whole circus does have me cracking up.

Yes!!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!

The chaos comes from the looney limp wristed liberal snowflakes. They have turned into instant crybullies.

From full on powertrip, to made irrelevant overnight. I cannot get enough.

Trump is getting full on tantrums from the loony left, for doing what he said he was going to do if elected.
Concentrated areas of Blue, are mentally devastated into total chaos.

The loony left is dreading the tough love tactics, that they have brought upon themselves.
The bully is now playing the victim.
Where have we seen that before?

Old 06-05-2017, 05:15 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I agree. It's quite unsettling.

My biggest problem with Trump has nothing to do with his policy. I disagree with him on things like healthcare and climate, but that isn't why I fear for our country every day he is President. The circus that is going on that is unlike anything we've ever seen in our country is what has me really unsettled. I can't think of another administration that was as grossly incompetent as this one.
Exactly. Even when we had presidents in the past whose policies and beliefs I disagreed with, at least I knew that they were mostly professionals who would follow the rules of government, act like grown ups, and do what they felt was best. I feel like we now have a government run by a bunch of inept clowns. Few of Trump's cabinet have any idea how to do their jobs, and those who do get fired because they disagree with Trump.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:18 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
More of a bewilderment than anything else.
Not so much directly at trump himself. he is just the end result of a larger impact.

The bewilderment is a general feeling towards how people have come to treat one another. Everyone's stooped so low for so long they can't even tell what way is up anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies