Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
His worshippers behave like sociopaths too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Only in your twisted imagination.

Obama is a sociopath, as well as Hillary. You supported both. Then by your own reasoning, that makes you a sociopath
I'm not directly addressing this conversation, as it strictly involves a Fyero-BOS2IAD exchange. But I will say that I doubt most Trump supporters (not necessarily worshipers) are NOT sociopaths. Still, I will agree that his most fervent worshipers who make the media likely have a high proportion of them and I'd certainly say the prevailing atmosphere at the rallies featured in the media are sociopathic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Here's an interesting article for you. Yes, it's true that not all CEOs are sociopaths/psychopaths but the article still says this:

During his research, Ronson learned that the about 4 percent of CEOs are psychopaths, which is nearly four times the rate in the general population

Why a Disproportionate Number of CEOs Are Psychopaths
I read the article, and it is true that a disproprotionate number of CEOs are sociopaths. My point was that it's not necessary to be a CEO. Good management skills, good people skills, knowing what mix of personalities to have on your officer team, and a good feel for what people are going to want to buy and sell that you can provide in a reasonable time frame are much more necessary than mere forcefulness and cutthroat political skills - at least for the company.

We can debate what's necessary for leadership for a thousand posts back and forth, but the bottom line is that a willful indifference toward the feelings of your employees is certainly not necessary for success as a CEO. Yes, sometimes you have to fire an incompetent or lay off employees, but one should not callous about doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
His freak out over the dead babies in Syria, his love for his daughter, and a couple of other things lead me to believe that he weighs more heavily on the narcissistic side. For one thing, you can't really hurt a sociopath's feelings, they don't have many of those, except anger, envy, and self pity. Donald gets his feelings hurt all the time and is constantly trying to impress people.
Good point. However, psychopaths tend to be good actors, especially those who make it to a high level. Thus perhaps Trump is just play-acting about feelings. I've seen I believe at least one psychopath in my life, with another two or three possible ones. They can switch their empathy (to the extent they do have it) off and on like a switch, and thus absolutely pros at impression management. Like I said, it's reasonable to argue either side of the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 11:51 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Reich was in a presidential cabinet, what have you done that gives you the right to look down on him?
Looking down on him? No, just voicing my opinion as a U.S. citizen, thanks to Freedom of Speech. You have heard of it, right? Now, go crawl back under your rock, please (see, I can be courteous as well).

Old 06-05-2017, 11:58 PM

31,062 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama killed how many?
Over 2000 of our Military died on his watch, several hundred civilians from his Cruise missile strikes, probably thousands from him backing the overthrow of Assad and Gaddafi. Pretty good for a guy who won the Nobel Peace prize Can Trump do worse? Maybe, but we will have to wait to see.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:55 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Sociopaths get things done apparently.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:44 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Way to twist my words. You were the one to just bring up height, not I. 😒 Nice try though....
Callous choice of words. Way to blame shift.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:27 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Callous choice of words. Way to blame shift.
You are just being pedantic now 😒👎

Old 06-06-2017, 04:36 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
And the scary part is, he's a Ned Flanders or Gomer Pyle compared to Hillary who is truly a sociopath/psychopath. How'd you like to have THAT in the White House, something right out of a horror movie?

Old 04-24-2021, 12:15 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
And the scary part is, he's a Ned Flanders or Gomer Pyle compared to Hillary who is truly a sociopath/psychopath. How'd you like to have THAT in the White House, something right out of a horror movie?
We dodged a bullet there.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:00 AM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Source, or this is libel...
Ask Robert Reich, he may very well know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies