Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2017, 08:16 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,351,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Except you made very specific (heinous) charges, charges I'm guessing you can't back up with facts? Would you like to retract your charges now or do you have actual proof of what you allege?
Let me help your memory out, you said in post #100 that Americans are guilty of the following:
Your complaint is with your perceived motives. Dead is dead. Disfigured is disfigured.

We tortured individuals and our president said he would do it again. We've thrown people in prison to be forget about with absolutely no charges filed or access to legal representation.

We've killed thousands of innocent men, women and children. Are they less dead because they were blown to bits as opposed to decapitated?

They do not have trillions to spend on the best military equipment available so they will retaliate in the ways they can. I've noted many times that the British considered us as terrorists during the Revolutionary war because we fought in a different manner than was acceptable at the time. We hid behind tree's. They found that less than honorable.

Why are we killing people in Syria? What did they do to us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 08:18 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,611,066 times
So now its bad to kill terrorists who's main goal is to bring death and destruction to the U.S?

What kind of backwards liberal logic is that?

Old 06-09-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
So now its bad to kill terrorists who's main goal is to bring death and destruction to the U.S?

What kind of backwards liberal logic is that?
Why should their logic be different? We attacked them.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,081,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your complaint is with your perceived motives. Dead is dead. Disfigured is disfigured.

We tortured individuals and our president said he would do it again. We've thrown people in prison to be forget about with absolutely no charges filed or access to legal representation.

We've killed thousands of innocent men, women and children. Are they less dead because they were blown to bits as opposed to decapitated?

They do not have trillions to spend on the best military equipment available so they will retaliate in the ways they can. I've noted many times that the British considered us as terrorists during the Revolutionary war because we fought in a different manner than was acceptable at the time. We hid behind tree's. They found that less than honorable.

Are you now answering for others (like you know what everyone is thinking)? I don't believe I was asking you anything.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:01 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,083,112 times
Quote:
NO. They should be deported. We do NOT kill people for simply having thoughts. Think about it. Are you advocating we kill people for their thoughts?
Was that really the question? I think the idea was that they had "become radicalized".

What does that phrase mean, to you? My understanding of it would be that they are intentionally fighting against our country, because that's what radical Islam does.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Are you now answering for others (like you know what everyone is thinking)? I don't believe I was asking you anything.
If you don't want to answer, fine. It's common.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Was that really the question? I think the idea was that they had "become radicalized".

What does that phrase mean, to you? My understanding of it would be that they are intentionally fighting against our country, because that's what radical Islam does.
We attacked them, why should they not be fighting against us? Why did we attack Syria? Who authorized it?

Old 06-09-2017, 10:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,444,512 times
Quote:

This was the line of rationale i was trying to put forth not individual atrocities in your list.
While we are talking atrocities let me throw in a Hiroshima and Nagasaki, you may have been deluded into believing Islam is the worst culture ever but America is far from being able to exhibit the moral high ground. Do 100,000 people get shot every year in U.S.? Facebook post says yes | PolitiFact

Old 06-09-2017, 01:20 PM

26,041 posts, read 19,028,518 times
Quote:
We are slaughtering people by the thousands to protect the financial interests of Wall Street. Fee things are less dispicable.
if you are slaughtering people by the thousands, why don't you just tell your group of mass murderers that you are no longer interested in being involved? A great first step would be to set down your weaponry and count to ten. Tell yourself that you've doled out enough death. I recall reading some psychology journal somewhere which stated that once a killer has taken a hundred or so lives, he/she loses whatever motivation he/she had to take the lives of others. If nothing else, perhaps you will hit that wall at some point. Good luck in kicking the habit.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,956,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Liberals have caused most of the problems this country has
Right.

Liberals worked to free the slaves. That was a horrible thing for them to do.

Liberals worked to give women the right to vote. What a despicable thing.

Liberals worked to provide public education to everyone. The horror!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies