Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 12:16 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Lots of different scenarios are being presented. Here is one of mine:
Trumps team colluded with the Russians. He doesn't know, even now. So from his point of view everyone has turned against him about this made up nonsense. None of which he believes. His "friend" Flynn would never deceive him. And this Russia nonsense is just some Democrat attack-which is ALSO why he doesn't believe ANYTHING negative about Russia.

This would explain his behaviors-he is responding to what he erroneously believes to be unjustified attacks and investigations.

And he is terrified that investigations will find other things he and those around him have done. Nothing truly evil per se, but....big business like his often...skirts the law. Like the whole charity donation scam thing. Yeah they took a little off the top, but they DID donate millions. And to him thats perfectly reasonable. But now his lawyers are kinda saying "this could be a big issue". So he is freaking out. He wants it all to go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 03:25 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Too bad Hillary could never be as honest as President Trump.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

Why is Trump so angry and going on unhinged twitter storms? Why is he attacking Jeff Sessions, his most loyal supporter, for his recusal in the Russia investigation which is the reason Trump blames for the Special Counsel?

It's absolutely obvious to everyone that Trump is stressed about this week's testimonies. One has to ask why if he has nothing to hide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Only a guilty man acts the way he does. Trump thinks he is above the law and the sad truth is, he might be, given that Republicans put party and personal self-interest before country.

However, despite the best efforts of Trump and his Congressional patsies, the truth about the Colluder-in- chief will see the light of day and the fraud that Trump is will be clearly revealed to all, including his mindless minions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Narcissistic personality disorder. He is incredibly sensitive to criticism, real or perceived, and he thinks everybody is picking on him. He may just resign, feeling that no one appreciates him or all his " hard work" and incredible "accomplishments".
We are seeing cracks in the very edifice of the Trump administration.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:39 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.12672027d39f

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.5ab51acce5b3

Why is Trump so angry and going on unhinged twitter storms? Why is he attacking Jeff Sessions, his most loyal supporter, for his recusal in the Russia investigation which is the reason Trump blames for the Special Counsel?

If Trump is completely innocent, as so many here are deluded into believing, why doesn't he welcome this investigation? Why has he gone through so many attempts to end the investigation/pressure people to stop it? Why would Sessions recusal matter if the Russia investigation is false?

It's absolutely obvious to everyone that Trump is stressed about this week's testimonies. One has to ask why if he has nothing to hide.

LOL

Looks like you and WaPo were 100% wrong.

Will you come back to address your mistake?

Old 06-07-2017, 03:47 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You don't find his tweets to be angry, frustrated, vindictive, childish, inappropriate?

For me that's the clues I'm looking at.

Commenting on serious, judicial matters in a tweet with the response of a middle school girl whose having issues with her friends.

I wasn't thrilled about Trump winning because I don't like him but I never anticipated to wake up every day and have him tweet something that is just no appropriate, that makes no sense or is just plain old childish.

It is worse than I expected.

He claimed yesterday a million new jobs. That's just not true. It's a lie. Why does he lie if he is doing good. Why make up stuff.

It's a mess.
I feel the same way. I didn't vote for him because I didn't believe his campaign promises about healthcare and such, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Honestly, I thought he would get some consultants and at least conduct himself professionally. I did not expect childish tweets, pushing other world leaders, firing guys who are investigating his campaign, conducting secret business in the dining room at MarALargo.... if someone had told me that these things would happen, prior to the election, I would have told them they were crazy and paranoid.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:50 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
During the campaign, I assumed that Trump's rage was a clever act, to harness the anger or a large part of the R base in a crowded primary field. With a field about as large as the Kentucky Derby, if you could monopolize the Howard Beale vote (I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore) he could overcome everyone else.

Well, it worked, but now it's apparent that it wasn't just an act, and he has a great deal of "the mad prophet of the airways" in him for real, which to steal another line from a classic movie, it's been "fasten your seatbelt, we're in for a bumpy ride" ever since the inaugural.

I just hope it doesn't end as a disaster movie.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 06-07-2017 at 04:24 PM..

Old 06-07-2017, 06:20 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
The Republican Party comes before country. Don't expect any Republican to find a problem with Trump. He is getting their agenda done and that's all the Republicans care about. They don't care if Trump is acting like a Mafia Boss in the White House. Remember, they always put party BEFORE country.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:28 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Narcissistic personality disorder. He is incredibly sensitive to criticism, real or perceived, and he thinks everybody is picking on him. He may just resign, feeling that no one appreciates him or all his " hard work" and incredible "accomplishments".

For what it's worth, I don't think he colluded on election tampering. I think his companies might have some money laundering ties to Russian oligarchs though.
I would jump for joy if he resigned!....

Old 06-07-2017, 06:34 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
UH-HUH! And I suppose like Trump, your favorite news source is Faux News and The National
Enquirer!
I doubt he likes MSNBC (Faux News).

Old 06-07-2017, 06:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I agree with that actually. Which is sad. Just an excuse to start a pointless war. Iraq was stupid and the silly WMD lie.

However, the message to the country after 9/11 wasn't "Let's hold hands and sing Kumbaya" like whatever the heck they're doing over in the UK now.
It wasn't a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies