Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 09:47 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,547 times

Advertisements

Would that make his complete testimony unreliable?

I read yesterday that NYT started "leaking" portions of the Comey memo's days before Trump tweeted about "tapes".. While the NYT did not reference the memo, they referenced "sources".. If Comey lied, and actually leaked his memo prior to Trump tweet would that make is whole testimony unreliable? If he was willing to lie about something so stupid to make his "leak" appear warranted?

I know its Fox News but the quotes are accurate..

Comey fallout: Similarities in Times article, testimony could bolster Trump claims | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 09:51 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,787,818 times
Fake news.

https://mobile.twitter.com/juliehdav...80038202486792

Old 06-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Yes, as I stated, they did not reference the memos before but they did report on exact conversations that were leaked that we later found out were from the memos prior. Weird. So someone leaked that info prior to Comey leaking his memos.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:33 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Yes, as I stated, they did not reference the memos before but they did report on exact conversations that were leaked that we later found out were from the memos prior. Weird. So someone leaked that info prior to Comey leaking his memos.
No, Comey lied. He ALSO lied when he testified in front of Congress that he nor anyone associated with him leaked anything. OOOPPS!!!

Old 06-09-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No, Comey lied. He ALSO lied when he testified in front of Congress that he nor anyone associated with him leaked anything. OOOPPS!!!
and the poster above calling it "fake news" because of a tweet from a NY Times reporter is laughable.

Exactly how did NYT quote conversations that were basically verbatim of what was written in the memo BEFORE they were given the memo??? My guess, Comey leaked the memo prior but gave direction to just use "sources" instead of referencing a memo by Comey. Once the tweet came out, Comey decided to let the public know he in fact had memos. Makes the most sense. He still lied though about the time he actually gave the memo to his source.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:39 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
and the poster above calling it "fake news" because of a tweet from a NY Times reporter is laughable.

Exactly how did NYT quote conversations that were basically verbatim of what was written in the memo BEFORE they were given the memo??? My guess, Comey leaked the memo prior but gave direction to just use "sources" instead of referencing a memo by Comey. Once the tweet came out, Comey decided to let the public know he in fact had memos. Makes the most sense. He still lied though about the time he actually gave the memo to his source.
Yes, he lied twice. There was also no mention of him thinking what Trump told him was an order about the Flynn investigation in his prepared statement released Wed. then he tells Congress that he took it as an order. He is a conflicted individual who got himself caught up in a bind.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:36 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Excuse me ...... is ANY "Lie" by the former/current FBI Director EVER "irrelevant"?

Easy Answer when he is under OATH to the US Congress. It's never "irrelevant".
I think he will discover that. It's a big part of "Be Careful what you Wish For - You might get it".

James Comey lost credibility when he LIED and got caught in it.
He lost credibility when he admitted that he allowed Loretta Lynch to force him to use Clinton Campaign rhetoric. He lost credibility when he admitted that he NEVER made any "memos" after ANY conversation with TeamObama folks, but decided before Donald Trump was even sworn in to "memo" every word and then keep it all "super secret" even from his boss ...... UNTIL he was FIRED.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:01 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Would that make his complete testimony unreliable?

I read yesterday that NYT started "leaking" portions of the Comey memo's days before Trump tweeted about "tapes".. While the NYT did not reference the memo, they referenced "sources".. If Comey lied, and actually leaked his memo prior to Trump tweet would that make is whole testimony unreliable? If he was willing to lie about something so stupid to make his "leak" appear warranted?

I know its Fox News but the quotes are accurate..

Comey fallout: Similarities in Times article, testimony could bolster Trump claims | Fox News

You read wrong, the NYT article came 4 days after the Tweet.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:04 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Excuse me ...... is ANY "Lie" by the former/current FBI Director EVER "irrelevant"?

Easy Answer when he is under OATH to the US Congress. It's never "irrelevant".
I think he will discover that. It's a big part of "Be Careful what you Wish For - You might get it".

James Comey lost credibility when he LIED and got caught in it.
He lost credibility when he admitted that he allowed Loretta Lynch to force him to use Clinton Campaign rhetoric. He lost credibility when he admitted that he NEVER made any "memos" after ANY conversation with TeamObama folks, but decided before Donald Trump was even sworn in to "memo" every word and then keep it all "super secret" even from his boss ...... UNTIL he was FIRED.
It is called "cover your ass". Comey knew he was dealing with a pathological liar in Trump, so, to protect himself and the FBI, he thought it would be prudent to write down his meetings and conversations in detail. He should have worn a wire.

Looks like he made a good call, huh !

Old 06-09-2017, 08:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
They reported on aspects that were known by others besides Comey and were corroborated by multiple people.

The content of the memos weren't posted until 4 days after Trump's tweet.

This is an invalid argument, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies