Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Will Get Indicted?
Trump * 21 24.42%
Manafort 29 33.72%
Page 12 13.95%
Sessions 23 26.74%
Flynn 40 46.51%
Kushner 24 27.91%
Donald Junior 5 5.81%
Stone 8 9.30%
No one. Mueller will clear everyone of wrongdoing. 43 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 12:11 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mueller's investigation will not end well into Trump's second term.
I agree thats possible. But we may see stuff start occurring here this year. Part of the process will be charging folks to get them to talk for reduced sentences.

I think the MOST important part is getting a very clear indication of Russian actions during our elections. Note I am not saying collusion or anything like that, but rather what EXACTLY the Russians did, and in detail. They absolutely have been getting involved in our process. That is a incredibly bad thing-Even if Trump and his team were completely uninvolved. And I find it more likely then not that Trump was NOT involved. Something even you would probably agree with me on. Im not as sure about his team though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 12:14 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
you didn't list any of the folk from the previous administration.... there is more than a little evidence to suggest that things could go in that direction.

That being said Flynn might very well be in trouble. Manifort might too... don't think either of them did anything wrong in the context of the actual campaign but they did do some things that can lead to indictments.

Special prosecutors like to run up the tally on convictions. often those convictions run far afield of the issue they were brought in to investigate.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:19 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
1. Failure to register as a foreign agent is almost never prosecuted.

2. Flynn's transgression can't get Trump impeached.

3. There is ZERO evidence of obstruction.

The Left has completely jumped the shark into fantasy land.

You lost. Live with it.

It is as if you are totally unaware that there was a closed door session with Congress with much more revealed, information you haven't a clue about just what was said. It is also very very early in the investigation.

Given this I'm not sure you are in a position to lecture anyone about being out of touch with reality.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:23 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Flynn is easy-he is a shoe in for the failure to register as a foreign agent, and taking money from the Russians for his speech without informing folks. Both crimes.

Manafort got my vote cause the guy is shady as heck, and the FBI is actively hunting him. Page for similar reasons.

Trump doesn't need to commit a actual crime to be impeached, but if they do it will be for obstruction, witness tampering, etc.

A ton of folks might grab charges simply because most people who are successful in business manage to commit crimes-often unintentionally, occasionally intentionally.

I also think Trump is going to be charged for "Abuse of Power".

Old 06-09-2017, 12:27 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I also think Trump is going to be charged for "Abuse of Power".
lmao....For what?

Old 06-09-2017, 12:32 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Hey folks, about this poll: the reason I did not include Clinton, Comey, Lynch or Obama is because Rosenstein's appointment letter to Mueller only authorized him to pursue matters related to Russian interference in the 2016 campaign and possible links to and/or collusion with the Trump administration. I did my best to make the poll fair and objective. For those who believe Trump and his staff are innocent, you can check the last box, "no indictments."

Old 06-09-2017, 12:37 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,418,527 times
I'd just like to point out that just like President Trump Richard Nixon was never investigated. He never indicted and was never considered a participant in the break in. But that didn't stop Watergate from bringing him down.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:40 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Hey folks, about this poll: the reason I did not include Clinton, Comey, Lynch or Obama is because Rosenstein's appointment letter to Mueller only authorized him to pursue matters related to Russian interference in the 2016 campaign and possible links to and/or collusion with the Trump administration. I did my best to make the poll fair and objective. For those who believe Trump and his staff are innocent, you can check the last box, "no indictments."
Mueller doesn't need authorization from anyone for anything. He can go anywhere this leads him that he wants to go.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:42 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao....For what?

Moderator cut: rude for firing Comey over the Russia Investigation!

Legal experts: Comey's testimony described serious misconduct by Trump including "abuse of power"

But legal experts interviewed by Media Matters disagree and say Comey's testimony alleges serious misconduct by Trump, including actions that could constitute abuse of power or obstruction of justice.
“It’s clear that with [Trump's] firing of Comey, he shows the combination of trying to influence the investigation lined up with what else Trump knew at the time and what Trump himself said: that he fired Comey related to the Russian investigation,” said Fordham University Law School legal historian and law professor Jed Shugerman when asked to react to Comey's testimony. “All of that together is very clear proof of Trump’s intent.”

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...e-power/216844

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 06-09-2017 at 01:02 PM..

Old 06-09-2017, 12:45 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
It's the $64,000 dollar question, for sure, but I think the net will widen and more developments happen. Who gets caught up won't be known for months to come, but now that Comey opened the door, I'm pretty sure there will be some who will go in time.

The thing to remember is how slowly these Senate investigations progress. They always begin very slowly, and they usually tend to gather momentum as they go along, but not always. There seems to come a point where an investigation most always either peters out and ends with no big decisions, or they end with a lot of culprits. It's rare when only one or two wrongdoers are all that are found out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies