Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 01:28 PM

12,889 posts, read 22,063,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Many Trump voters have said that they would have voted for Bernie. Trump was a protest vote for an awful lot of people who are rightly frustrated with the current system. Bernie and Trump even had similar economic policies during the campaign.

I just know that Sanders is well liked and respected by his colleagues. He has a perfect voting record on veterans, on civil rights, and on being pro-working American. I think he could have gotten some things done even with a Republican Congress simply because they like and respect the man.

HRC and the gang really played dirty, and the media was practically conspiratorial in keeping his platform out of the limelight.
That's fair. Maybe some of it is that I just don't want to believe that we could have avoided having Trump in the white house. If he had a fair shake at the thing, maybe he could have won. I really like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 01:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,985,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
There's literally nothing I want the government doing over a non-government alternative.
National Defense?

Old 06-15-2017, 01:31 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,358,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
National Defense?
Nope.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:37 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,504,129 times
Get me a candidate to
1. Reduce tax burdens on business so I can hire a crew and pay them appropriately, not that 10 per hour garbage. I'd rather work twice as hard by myself to get chit done than to hire someone on for peanuts.

2. Gut all entitlement programs designed to only hold folks over not become habitual dependents.

3. Cut the crap with EPA carbon taxing non sense. Either serve a legitimate purpose and use those fines and penalties to go clean the atmosphere and water or be shut down completely.

No more state generated revenue. Especially at the federal level.

4. Term limits for Congress Senate Magistrates and Governors. Automatic rejection from office and banned from government at all levels if they do anything unethical unconstitutional that harms this country. (Kiss the 9th circus court goodbye)

5. No job in the government to exceed 55k per year, all politicians banks and accounts privy to public audit. Let's see who the donors are that use these puppets and boycott them out of existence.

6. Take full advantage of over populated prisons. Use the population facing parole and eventual release after time served and actually be time SERVED. Revoke weight training equipment, and place them on public duties. Learning trades as they serve time so they won't return to a life of crime. Run them in 3 8 hour shifts to clean communities, and restore repair maintain construct public infrastructure.
Those serving life, drop in war zones if they dont come back... no loss to society.

7. Drugs. Charge any pusher of narcotics for murder. No more cutting deals for the small time slinger to get the big fish. Take the dope industry out at the knees. Be it heroin meth synthetics coke crack. Provide police with the proper training pertaining to surveillance and raids. Getting the wrong address and wrong house = those in charge of the operation open to charges for their officers actions. Better get it right or its the steel bar motel for you with the same folks you locked up.

8. Marijuana I'm neutral and could care less, but as long as big pharmacy NEVER gets their hands in it, as long as it's medical no issue from me. Want it legal, leave it to the state to decide what tax rates to apply to it. With federal tax gained to be used to fund veterans affairs. What's left over can go to whatever other righteous cause per a vote. And not a congressional vote. But a vote by everyone.

9. Health care. Get the government out of the insurance industry. Can't afford insurance? Get a job, form a budget. Insurance companies will be penalized if they are gauging prices and deny coverage. Monies seized will be reintroduced back into the economy. No reason a multi billion dollar industry exists with some of the highest paid corporate officers and managers and nobody be able to afford it.

10. Proposition for proper employment.
This is something I would do myself if I were in charge of a city a town a state or nation.
Instead of welfare. Instead of workfare. People submit a resume of skills, trades, experience relevant to the fields they studied and worked. Should there be a spike in unemployment it shall be the government's duty to find out why. If a small business owner has to lay workers off to remain above water due to excessive taxation-that business becomes tax exempt. If a greedy CEO just was given a 10 million dollar bonus or raise following a large layoff or cut in workers hours, that CEO will be automatically taxed at an astronomical rate, where the money seized will be going to aid those find employment in the fields they work locally if not aid in expenses to relocate them to areas hiring.process getting priority over inexperienced college graduates with little to no experience and skill.

11. Education.
I'm vehemently against tax funded tuition. There will be a sacrifice. If we the tax payers money go to educating it will be put to a vote what it is the students seeking free college will learn based upon stability growth and trends. No more worthless degrees. There's a shortage on doctors and surgeons, a shortage on mechanics, a shortage on lawyers, a shortage on police, a shortage on botanists, biologists, meteorologists, educators, truck drivers, nurses, they will be limited to what choices and areas they may study. Might as well get your money's worth folks if your going to pay for someone else's kid to get free tuition. And it will be a one time deal. Flunk out. No more funding, free ride over. Get into a field and not like it and want to study something else, you do it on your dime. Thus ending this whole let's jump straight into college with no real world experience or work. Highschool grads will strongly reconsider and may want to hold full time employment as apprentices in the fields they're interested in or do thorough research into the fields they seek to study and some day become employed.

Earn and learn will be the basis of the free tuition deal. They will need to be apprentice and intern level in order to pass. After so many hours are achieved only then will they get a diploma. Become irresponsible and fired, you just got the bill passed to you. Interest free. Whether the money is taken from wages and/or tax returns. No more partying it up. Time to get this country back on tracks with having values and respect.

Gut common core. Standardized text books and materials with no bias on this nations history. Tell it like it is, raw and unfiltered. Make passing a B and not a D+/65. My manufacturers training required an 86 to pass. Base the effectiveness of a teacher or school district based on grade points. Discount homework from counting, why? I did homework to stay on the football team after that never did homework again. I worked in my after school hours. Still pulled Bs.
If kids have low grades, it is the schools responsibility to that student to find out why and help them. If they blatantly refuse to apply themselves, choose to skip class and school and not stay after for help they shall not qualify for free college.

12. Social issues.
It's not the 1800s. There is no stigma. Minorities are not beaten on cotton fields, nor are whites beating them on cotton fields. Gays are getting married. Women are CEOs, business owners, gainfully employed, have the right to vote and own property. No more claims of oppression and using it as a crutch to excuse your failures and pass them onto a non existent boogey man. Own your failures and move on. Stop looking for a scape goat to rationalize your failures or not trying. Nobody is more important or less important than the next. We all convert air to c02, bleed red when cut. We're Americans. Start acting like it.

13. Immigration.
Walls. one for the southern border one to the northern border. Absolutely no access granted to any country any where, where there is non existent records for any reason. If you are of not sound mind, able bodied, and clean bill of health no way are you coming in and taking priority over an American citizen. Harsh? Might want to see Mexico and Canada's immigration policies. And better have experience in a trade and be able to prove it. Hands on at that time to be considered being allowed entry. No free ride if there is so much as one unemployed starving American.

14. Foreign policy.
Open the books and see what our contributions are to our allies and what their contributions are to us. If there is no one hand washes the other or breaking even the unites states reserves the right to withdraw from organisations and treaties detrimental to our economy and our military. No questions asked.
Wars. Shall we go to war with savages who do not abide by Geneva conventions, gloves are off Hague convention tossed out and utter annihilation. Civilians of the region will be compelled to comply to aid in eliminating our enemy combatants or face the same fate as they. Collateral damages to infrastructure shall be rebuilt or replaced in exchange for a share of the regions natural resources. This will be modern facilities with electricity and running water, no more mudhuts.
Any nation caught supplying our enemies shall be attacked 10 fold. Be it arms or troops/insurgents. Buy stock in Raytheon, any country that can't cull the herd will face utter annihilation via precision strike weaponry. Once peace is established the nation will have no choice but to condemn behaviors and practices harmful for its populace and neighboring countries. Should practices and beliefs continue they will be given one warning and 90 days to cease and clean their mess up. If they need aid aid will be provided as the military and dept of defense sees fit. After that no more games. Forget moabs. Nukes. Comply or die. Can't live peacefully you don't live period. Any nation that opposes such action or attempts to intervene will have no choice but to help in stabilizing the region/country.

16. Trade. If the United States must pay a country import taxes for its goods the country that's imposing the tax, shall be taxed 2.5 times, if that country holds stock in this nation such as production plants, those plants shall be taxed. This country screwed up letting Toyota Honda Nissan Kia BMW etc have manufacturing state side. It forced outsourcing and sweat shop manufacturing world wide which I have a problem with. Combined with inept CEOs not pushing for innovation to remain competitive and relevant.

17. Economy/Banking.
No more having to blame banks and big business. You have a responsibility to know what you are signing and to know any and all detriments associated. Don't like the terms of the loan? Don't sign it. Know full well you can't afford the house or car you seek to buy? Don't be surprised that it becomes repossessed after going delinquent. A total revision on credit. If you are like me and don't believe in credit, you may get interest free loans for up to 100k dollars 5 times in a lifetime through the Treasury. The risk will be, no chance at defaulting, and imprisonment for delinquency if there is no assets to be liquidated, seized, or wage to garnish.
Banks will have no choice but to revise their rates and policies to attract that first time home buyer. Especially when the method I would employ would be one on good faith-as long as the debt is being paid on time one missed or late payment will not equal penalties and added interest. Pay the due amount at the next billing cycle or before. 3 strikes you're out.

18. Societal issue.
First and foremost I would love to stop seeing divorces and kids be used as a pawn between parents and a man or woman seek renumeration from their former spouse. I would end forfeiture of ones assets and alimony. You marry out of love not personal gain. For better or worse. Not worse marries better and get the goldmine while former better gets the shaft. Problems arise and should be handled responsibly between consenting adults. I know too many people men and women both who've been devastated by divorce. Seems to be a trend in my generation. Makes my stomach turn. And the ones who suffer the worst are children. They grow to repeat what their parents taught them, they live what they learn.

No there are not more than 2 genders.

Yes gays shall be married. Why not? Life liberty pursuit of happiness? Or does that only work one way?

Abortion.
Shall not be used as a form of birth control and tax payer funded. If it is medically an issue, if it is a last minute decision based solely on economic factors and home life factors (abusive toxic environment) there's no issue with it. I'm a firm believer in you don't breed what you can't feed. It's unfair to the child and incredibly selfish to bring life into this world in a toxic environment, one not conducive for success. I want to see everyone succeed in their endeavors however I have no sympathy to the baby factories milking the system, and the insecure "men" who need a notch on their bed post fathering multiple children and having no want or desire to be in the kids life, or spreading diseases.
No more throw away society. Go back to the 50s where you fix things and maintain them and keep them going be it a car a washing machine a marraige etc, no more bailing on responsibilities, no more hook up culture.

Voter ID mandatory. No ifs or buts. If you don't see issue with ID required for loans, travel, and other areas that require it, this should not be an issue. Each ID be both scanned and recorded on paper. If you are not a citizen, or seek to throw votes unfairly, you have to worry. If you have no reason to worry, then voter ID should be no issue. Unless again, you opposed submitting ID for a loan/mortgage or when you got your passport to go to the Bahamas or Cancun for spring break...

2nd ammendment stays. NFA repealed. All forms repealed. This will come with quite the penalty for crime. I'd model it after Florida's 10 20 life. Be a Thug, be a Rambo, or Kowalski from Grand Torino and use it to intimidate threaten or do ill will... Kiss your free liberty loving butt good bye. National stand your ground. No trials. If a criminal breaks into your home, their family doesn't get to sue. It does not become public record that you defended property and life. Same applies to rapists car jackets etc. National reciprocity. No questions asked. No more felony if you live in a tri state region and travel between 3 states while carrying. Crime won't pay. And no longer shall a law abiding citizen be ridiculed for arming themselves as they see fit or penalized for it. No gun free zones. If a teacher wants to carry concealed, they should. Especially since they're an asset in protecting children from evil. I see no issue with carrying into a bank while making a large deposit. Nor do I see an issue carrying into a federal building. Look at Israel. People carry everything openly. No issues there like here... Their rates are lower by ours... significantly.
Surplus ammunition may be obtainable to the public through marksmanship programs and shooting ranges with no limit. Why incinerate all of those rounds? If it's surplus anything and tax payer dollars funded it, it shall be obtained by the tax payer no questions asked. I don't care if it's ammo or tools or equipment or food. If there exists a surplus of supplies then the public has a right to aquire them. Old hummers, so long as they have turn signals stop lights and pass safety inspections why not allow them to be purchased as daily drivers? Have a pilots license? Why not be able to buy an old fighter jet for the price of a Cessna? Why continue to throw good stuff away?!

I can go on. You get me a candidate with a cabinet to make the above happen they've got my vote, Democrat Republican 3rd or 4th party...

Old 06-15-2017, 01:38 PM

653 posts, read 817,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Bernie was our only hope for meaningful change for the Everyman. Hillary is a joke and Trump is retarded.
only hope for a communist nation

Old 06-15-2017, 01:49 PM

12,889 posts, read 22,063,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

I can go on. You get me a candidate with a cabinet to make the above happen they've got my vote, Democrat Republican 3rd or 4th party...
Outside of Abortion and Same Sex Marriage, that's textbook Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies