Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 07:12 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times

Advertisements

Only a Fundamentalist member of the Church of Partisan Politics believes this is about supporting a politician. It just the public ritual to honor athletic champions, no different than being the turkey publicly sent to a zoo in late November rather than being eaten by some human. For the player it is no different than a loser being forced by the league to submit himself to the media for interviews, unless your religion forbids it of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 07:23 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Reading the article in the link, it says they have not received an invitation from the White House yet. All we know right now is that Warriors forward David West will not be there.
If no invite has been sent, why the hell are they bellyaching about being proud of something that has not even happened yet. Of course the real winner is Trump, Im sure he had no intention of inviting them, now, he cant be accused of racism for not inviting them. Now the players can hold their liberal heads high believing in their liberal fantasy of standin up to dem eebil repulicans

Old 06-13-2017, 07:30 PM

224 posts, read 134,322 times
Good for them! Why should the players and coaches follow tradition when Trump doesn't even follow tradition? Still waiting on those taxes that many former presidents have made public. Besides, none of the players and coaches agree with his policies anyway. And for all the dopes who are spinning this into a racial thing, it's not just black athletes that skip white house visits.

Tom Brady, Michael Jordan Among Pro Athletes Who Skipped Past Team White House Visits

Old 06-13-2017, 08:36 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
We just live in a different era in history now, lots of things are just not the norm anymore. And unfortunately, things are not getting any better, just look back at the political season of 2016. So many people today don't care anything about tradition anymore, it's all about them. Some traditions will eventually fade away forever, I would hate to see that, but things are just different these days.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:38 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
No one cares about this news

Old 06-13-2017, 08:41 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Done gently, it is quite lovely.
Very very lovely

Old 06-13-2017, 09:23 PM

672 posts, read 256,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
A team from the most broken state in the union(or have they left yet?) skips the WH visit, big whoop.
California has it's issues, but this "broken state" could do just fine without the other 49. Don't think it would work the other way around.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
California has it's issues, but this "broken state" could do just fine without the other 49. Don't think it would work the other way around.
How many refineries will you build to process the oil you'll need to buy unless you plan to drill

Old 06-13-2017, 09:44 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
I honestly couldn't care less....good for the environment that they aren't flying to the Swamp....thanks to Donald Trump for saving the planet from Global Warming!

Old 06-13-2017, 09:57 PM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I appreciate what you said, but it ain't about class. I took an oath when I joined the military and I was taught that even when my term expires, my oath does not.

I don't like Trump, but he's the commander-in-chief. Bottom line.
You took an oath as did I to defend the Constitution not the President. Your allegiance is to the nation and not the president.

You or someone said it was a national tradition for the winning team to meet with the President if asked. It's also a tradition for the President to attend the yearly correspondence dinner. Trump chose to sit it out due to his fragile ego. The last President to sit it out was Ronald Reagan as he was recovering from a gunshot wound.

It should be up to the team as to whether they want to accept or deny a president's request to attend and looking at Steve Kerr's earlier comments about Donald Trump, I don't think he will be attending nor will Stephen Curry who called Trump "an asset" without the "et".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies