Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 11:04 PM

46,971 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Even stupider is the official story that expects us to believe 19 hijackers conspired to carry out an incredibly elaborate, complicated scheme involving four airliners and multiple US landmarks. A plan that involved months if not years of planning. A plan that involved 19 Arabs traveling to the US with several of them going to flight school to learn how to fly an airplane just so they can crash them into buildings.
9/11 required money, patience, smarts and organization. Do not underestimate our enemies, they possess all four. There were exploitable holes in our security and intelligent people could pick them out, analyze and exploit them.

Quote:
Muslim terrorists don't plan something as incredibly elaborate and complicated as 9/11.
Muslim terrorists controlled and ran a good chunk of Iraq & Syria for years. That's a good deal more elaborate and complicated than hijacking 4 jets.

Quote:
Something so incredibly complicated requires the resources of military and intelligence agencies to pull off.
Compared to the cockamamie scheme you're implying took place, it was simplicity itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
A scientist that doesn't understand Newton's third law of motion taught in every high school science class?
Understanding it is good. Knowing where it applies - ever so much better.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:15 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Understanding it is good. Knowing where it applies - ever so much better.

Of course, fundamental laws of physics were suspended on 9/11. On that amazing day, a smaller object could crush a much larger, massive object all the way down to the ground, at the rate of freefall - as if it wasn't even there. Damn those dirty mooslims and their evil dark magic!

Old 06-21-2017, 01:36 AM

30,898 posts, read 36,975,933 times
I wonder why after 12 hours of fire, Grenfell Tower still stands, why Building 7, which was not hit by a plane like the Twin Towers, fell into its own footprint. Hmmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjZDDfxL1Kw

Old 06-21-2017, 02:09 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
9/11 required money, patience, smarts and organization. Do not underestimate our enemies, they possess all four. There were exploitable holes in our security and intelligent people could pick them out, analyze and exploit them.

Muslim terrorists controlled and ran a good chunk of Iraq & Syria for years. That's a good deal more elaborate and complicated than hijacking 4 jets.

Compared to the cockamamie scheme you're implying took place, it was simplicity itself.
I'm with you, Keep It Simple.

We may be doomed to another big "surprise" , given the depth of the underestimation apparently intelligent US citizens are prone to.

There are some very well educated "terrorists" and "extremists" associated with their cause.
Couple that with eager fervent "believers" and some box cutters and Bob's your uncle!

Last edited by shaker281; 06-21-2017 at 02:23 AM..

Old 06-21-2017, 02:22 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times
Quote:
George's brother Marvin Bush was on the Board of Directors of Stratesec the firm in charge of security for the World Trade Center on 9/11. If that wasn't enough, Bush's cousin Wirt Walker was the company's CEO. Stratesec was also in charge of security for Dulles Airport where one of the 9/11 planes took off. You wanted to know how they circumvented security to plant the bombs, there's your answer.

After 9/11, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) recommended that Stratesec be investigated for insider trading related to 9/11. Oddly enough, the FBI and SEC never followed through with the investigation, claiming it was unnecessary because the officers of Stratesec had no “ties to terrorism or other negative information.†Of course the Bush FBI swept that one under the rug as well.

But of course no answer will ever satisfy the Kool-Aid drinkers who think Bush and Cheney can do no wrong.
I am not even close to a Bush/Cheney supporter, but you have heard of seven degrees of separation, right? Making connections between even seemingly unrelated people is amazingly easy.

Do you know how many powerful people are connected to other powerful people, particularly in similar fields? Look at something called the "interlocking directorate". Another sign of a conspiracy or just a whole lot of cronyism? I guess it depends just how bad you wish to believe.

Now that everyone in the world carries HD video capability in their pockets, suddenly virtually no more UFO sightings. I wonder why?

Pretty sure skepticism is not a partisan thing for most people.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:07 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I wonder why after 12 hours of fire, Grenfell Tower still stands, why Building 7, which was not hit by a plane like the Twin Towers, fell into its own footprint. Hmmmm.
1. building 7 did NOT fall in its own footprint....building 7 fell across Barkley street and damaged another building...try getting your facts straight

2. building 7 got severe damage from when the towers fell....in otherwords, the tower falling on them severely damaging them, was essentially like having a plane crash into them

question for you twofers.

how old were you on 9/11/01??
have you ever been to NYC?
did you come to NYC to help with the rescue/recovery?

I worked in NYC...I was there that day....my unit (military police) worked the pile.....

Old 06-21-2017, 07:14 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
I heard they managed to get a statement from the Gerbil regarding Richard Gere.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I wonder why after 12 hours of fire, Grenfell Tower still stands, why Building 7, which was not hit by a plane like the Twin Towers, fell...
I took the liberty of removing the "into its own footprint", as it's a lie.

Here are a couple of other things to wonder:
  • Is it conceivable that a 52-story steel building and a 24-story concrete building behave differently?
  • If one of the buildings we're comparing have substantial structural damage from half a million tons of building collapsing right next to it and the other doesn't, why should we expect them to behave similarly?
  • Is there any tragedy 9/11 twoofers won't latch on to in order to feed their need to feel smart?

Old 06-21-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Of course, fundamental laws of physics were suspended on 9/11. On that amazing day, a smaller object could crush a much larger, massive object all the way down to the ground, at the rate of freefall - as if it wasn't even there. Damn those dirty mooslims and their evil dark magic!
None of the buildings collapsed at free-fall speeds. You've been so had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies