Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 08:18 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times

Advertisements

I am sure Comey will get s laugh out of this.

According to Putin, Comey is more like a rights activist than a secret service chief. "If he continues to be persecuted in this connection, we will be ready to provide political asylum to him, he should know about that," the Russian president said.

TASS: Russian Politics & Diplomacy - Putin ready to provide political asylum to former FBI director
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 08:23 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Typical Russian propaganda in that they can't even get their facts right. Comey did not "secretly record" his conversation with Trump. Anyway it is Russian fake news so conservatives will take it as true and post away.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:44 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Putin is ridiculing the US. He got his chosen stooge elected and because of that the US is the laughing stock of the world. He did well.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:45 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Russia won. Putin is laughing at us.

But yeah, Donald Trump should totally lift those sanctions.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:46 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Putin loves to stir the pot.

I guess he feels Snowden needs a roommate.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:47 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
He's smarter than ever liberal we have combined.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:48 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He's smarter than ever liberal we have combined.

What an intelligent statement.

Are you not embarrassed for saying that? You sound incredibly silly...

Old 06-15-2017, 08:49 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
He's trolling us. Nice work Trumpies.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:51 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What an intelligent statement.

Are you not embarrassed for saying that? You sound incredibly silly...
He's been making you dance like a monkey for how long?

Old 06-15-2017, 09:02 AM

13,689 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Putin is ridiculing the US. He got his chosen stooge elected and because of that the US is the laughing stock of the world. He did well.
I also see where the Prime Minister of Australia made fun of President Trump during a supposedly 'off the record' booze-filled dinner:

Turnbull mocks Trump: Australian Prime Minister imitates US President in leaked audio - CNN.com

It must be understood that I did not vote for Donald JOHN Trump. However, before the election I noted several times that, if elected, I hoped that he would do a good job. I speculated that Mr. Trump would (given his ego) want to go down in history as a 'top tier' President, and so would jettison much of his rhetoric and behavior and govern (I also opined that he would probably resign after two years, after accomplishing many of his goals).

However, my worse fears are being realized: our President is not respected by other world leaders.

I do not expect world leaders to 'love' our President, or even be 'friends'. Over the decades, all of our Presidents were cordially disliked by various leaders, for various reasons. Yet, they usually respected the Man and The Office. They realized that the President's 'word carried weight' throughout the world.

Alas! President Trump, with his nonsensical tweets, his habit of contradicting his own staff on issues, and his insistence on making absurd claims, has made him look foolish in the eyes of the world.

Some will disagree with me. Fine. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Look at how various leaders are reacting to President Trump. Look at how he is being portrayed in other countries via editorials and political cartoons. My political memory goes back to Nixon, and I have not seen any President so disrespected by so many.

I still hope that President Trump will cease his tweeting. I hope he will call for a full investigation of the Russian affair, and instruct his staff to fully cooperate in the Mueller investigation. I hope that he will stop playing golf every weekend (since he was so adamant about such previously). I hope he will get rid of people like Bannon (whom I do not believe has Trump's best interests at heart), and get some respected advisors. I hope he will quit spending his time watching televised news, and more time studying the daily reports submitted to him.

I hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies