Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:38 AM

27,727 posts, read 16,239,366 times

Advertisements

A deflection from the fact that he is part of the problem. The future will tell. I suspect the usual vitriol within weeks if not sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 09:40 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,746,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
A deflection from the fact that he is part of the problem. The future will tell. I suspect the usual vitriol within weeks if not sooner.
Do you also consider Alex Jones part of the problem?

Old 06-15-2017, 09:40 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,132,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Is anyone stupid enough to believe he is sincere?
Is anybody stupid enough to think he's not?!

I myself, along with many other liberals on City-Data, said yesterday that I completely agreed with Trump's comments on the shooting and I thought he did a great job speaking about it. I even joked that it was the first time I've ever completely agree with Trump about anything.

Is it literally impossible for some people (both conservatives and democrats) to think that we don't have to "hate" each other ALL the time?!

Yes, Colbert is a liberal. Yes, he criticizes Trump a lot and makes fun of him.

But LoveToRow,do you TRULY believe in your heart that Colbert was not being sincere? Because if you don't, well...I guess you're just stubborn and can't be reasoned with.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:41 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,982,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

I myself, along with many other liberals on City-Data, said yesterday that I completely agreed with Trump's comments on the shooting and I thought he did a great job speaking about it. I even joked that it was the first time I've ever completely agree with Trump about anything.

Is it literally impossible for some people (both conservatives and democrats) to think that we don't have to "hate" each other ALL the time?!

But LoveToRow,do you TRULY believe in your heart that Colbert was not being sincere? Because if you don't, well...I guess you're just stubborn and can't be reasoned with.
He will be back to his usual anti-Trump and anti-conservative vitriol within a week, if not tonight.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:41 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,658,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, come on... you know that crazy people do crazy crap and it's not really okay to blame late-night TV hosts for it.

They're largely comedians. If people cannot see that it's comedy, no matter how biting it can be now and again, then those people are crazy people.

And, we cannot police the comedy and late-night TV world to avoid setting of nuts, can we?

I mean, we could if we were China.

But... do we want that?
Not saying that they had anything to do with it, per se`. But the media is a powerful influence on people.

And idk, like I said, I like late night comedy too. But Colbert, Noah, and Oliver have been pushing the line from "comedy" to "****** and moan about everything Trump does" and it's seriously annoying. I like making fun of the administration of any President, but when it's ALL YOU TALK ABOUT...it gets tiresome.

I still like Kimmel, Fallon, and the SNL stuff though.

But like this article stated https://thefederalist.com/2017/06/14...ting-thus-far/

No matter what, wanting to shoot Republicans, Democrats, or anybody and PROMOTING it is just disgusting, no matter which side of the aisle you're on. Like I said, WE know it's wrong....but for some mentally unstab...actually, f it...domestic terrorist with a screw loose can have potential to interpret this kinda talk seriously.

This is why I wish the media would take it down a notch on all of the vileness of the President. It's too much. I remember people and the media ragged on W. Bush, but it was never this ...intense.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:43 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,979,554 times
The liberal elite have been stoking the flames of fire with the fringe element on the Left. The implied threats of violence manifested itself to real violence yesterday.

Obama divided the nation by race and secondarily, by income, then Trump was elected as a way to say no to Obama. The Left has become unhinged.....and now violent. And it's escalated every day since the election. First the Women's March where they busted out of the windows of local business, then escalated a little further in Berkeley and Portland, and finally, the gun violence yesterday in DC.

It's gotten to the point where I'm wondering if I should take down some of my Trump pictures on Facebook in fear they could trigger a Liberal to hunt me down. Nothing the Left does surprises me anymore.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:43 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,351,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

I am still amazed at how many people refused to believe that liberals could care about shooting victims.

Come on, we are always on the side of "let's get these mass shootings under control!" and people are surprised when we give a damn that people were shot?

I cannot stand Donald Trump and I don't want anyone to shoot him, either.

He may be a worthless POTUS, but he's a husband, and a father. At least a few of his family members would care if he was hurt, so that means I care if some random nut shoots him.

I cared when Reagan was shot, too. I was a little kid, but it was really disturbing that some sick person would want to shoot at the president. And poor Jim Brady... so sad.

I know it doesn't fit the narrative, but there you go.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:45 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,132,066 times
Quote:
He will be back to his usual anti-Trump and anti-conservative vitriol within a week, if not tonight.
I'm sure he will be.

And yet I still ask you, do you truly believe he wasn't being sincere when he thanked Trump for telling our country that we need to come together?

Old 06-15-2017, 09:45 AM

448 posts, read 367,725 times
Blood is on he hands of liberals. Make no mistake they want Trump dead. I believe that most liberals are quietly supporting the shooting. They are just like Islam where they say publicly they are opposed to the violence but are quietly supportive of it. Comcast who is supporting Shakespear in the park where Trump is killed by stabbing and Maxine Waters who is so vial if it were reversed they would jail someone for saying it about Obama are just a few examples. MSNBC is another example of one whole station that is unhinged. Keith Olbermann is another that is so full of hate, Micheal Moore and others. The left wants Trump dead. Its that simple.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:46 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,571,497 times
Quote:
Is anyone stupid enough to believe he is sincere? Colbert is a extremist liberal nutbag and nothing he says or does will change that. A zebra doesn't change its stripes.

So, were you equally upset when Trump hosted someone at the WH who said in the past that Obama 'should suck my machine gun' or are you a supporter of RW partisan violence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies