Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 11:19 AM

27,685 posts, read 16,171,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The only thing Colbert's mouth is good for is being the DNC's c*ck holster.
Ding ding ding, winner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 11:24 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,766,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Not saying that they had anything to do with it, per se`. But the media is a powerful influence on people.

And idk, like I said, I like late night comedy too. But Colbert, Noah, and Oliver have been pushing the line from "comedy" to "****** and moan about everything Trump does" and it's seriously annoying. I like making fun of the administration of any President, but when it's ALL YOU TALK ABOUT...it gets tiresome.

I still like Kimmel, Fallon, and the SNL stuff though.

But like this article stated https://thefederalist.com/2017/06/14...ting-thus-far/

No matter what, wanting to shoot Republicans, Democrats, or anybody and PROMOTING it is just disgusting, no matter which side of the aisle you're on. Like I said, WE know it's wrong....but for some mentally unstab...actually, f it...domestic terrorist with a screw loose can have potential to interpret this kinda talk seriously.

This is why I wish the media would take it down a notch on all of the vileness of the President. It's too much. I remember people and the media ragged on W. Bush, but it was never this ...intense.
I do not support Trump and I agree. It has become too much at this point.

A lot of the media keeps it at the forefront of our minds because we don't want to accept Trump as normal. It is not normal for someone to behave like Trump does.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:29 AM

6,265 posts, read 5,077,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Is anyone stupid enough to believe he is sincere? Colbert is a extremist liberal nutbag and nothing he says or does will change that. A zebra doesn't change its stripes.
I think he was sincere in the moment. Will it last? Likely not, but who knows. Regardless, I'm not ever going to criticize ANYONE for saying words of thanks and words of hope. Not a fan of Colbert by any means, but I thank him for his statements.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:35 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,118,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I think he was sincere in the moment. Will it last? Likely not, but who knows. Regardless, I'm not ever going to criticize ANYONE for saying words of thanks and words of hope. Not a fan of Colbert by any means, but I thank him for his statements.

Thanks for this.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:41 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Wow. Your definition of extremist is really broad.

He's a comedian. With a normal, ordinary life outside being a talk-show host and comedian.

Comedians pick on Presidents and other public figures. And they have for decades.
right, there's nothing even remotely unusual about a 'comedian' referring to an American president's mouth as a '****-holster'. completely normal and ordinary behavior for virtually all talk show hosts and comedians.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:32 PM

30,296 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Do you also consider Alex Jones part of the problem?
Absolutely.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:36 PM

30,296 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Not saying that they had anything to do with it, per se`. But the media is a powerful influence on people.

And idk, like I said, I like late night comedy too. But Colbert, Noah, and Oliver have been pushing the line from "comedy" to "****** and moan about everything Trump does" and it's seriously annoying. I like making fun of the administration of any President, but when it's ALL YOU TALK ABOUT...it gets tiresome.

I still like Kimmel, Fallon, and the SNL stuff though.

But like this article stated https://thefederalist.com/2017/06/14...ting-thus-far/

No matter what, wanting to shoot Republicans, Democrats, or anybody and PROMOTING it is just disgusting, no matter which side of the aisle you're on. Like I said, WE know it's wrong....but for some mentally unstab...actually, f it...domestic terrorist with a screw loose can have potential to interpret this kinda talk seriously.

This is why I wish the media would take it down a notch on all of the vileness of the President. It's too much. I remember people and the media ragged on W. Bush, but it was never this ...intense.
This is true, especially the part about media and W. Bush.

I liked W. Bush although he did some really stupid things while president, but even I could enjoy some of the jokes at his expense. Like that one guy who impersonated him at the Correspondent's dinner...that was good.

But what they are doing to Trump...it's not in the same league at all. They are not joking. They actually hate him, and tell people every single day, all day, all night, how much they hate him. The leaders on the left are also totally irresponsible with their words. Nancy Pelosi wants to come out and talk about how the shooting would bring us together...she needs to can it. Her rhetoric is part of the problem.

I'm not sure what to think of Colbert's words. I don't watch him. I have no idea if he's sincere or just saying what someone else wrote for him because the network thought that they should say something.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:38 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,118,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Absolutely.
You always seem to be very fair. I appreciate that.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:42 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,136,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
right, there's nothing even remotely unusual about a 'comedian' referring to an American president's mouth as a '****-holster'. completely normal and ordinary behavior for virtually all talk show hosts and comedians.
That was crude and over the top, but it certainly wasn't a call to violence. More like a locker room insult.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:06 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It was a polite response.

I fail to see the problem here.
I agree. Even if he didn't mean a word of it, the fact that he made the gesture counts for something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies